If the Runesword was in this game

Djing

Actually... I can't think of too many characters off the top of my head who would make good use of a rune sword.

Anna's about the only one I can think of. anna.gif

So is this a magical sword? I can see grandmaster avatar/morgan being pretty dangerous with this too.

Yes, it is. And yeah, Avatar and Morgan could use it well, though those stood out as too obvious.

Actually, with this you'd be able to Nosferatank without the need of being a Sorcerer, which given the terrible model they have would be pretty cool, though as others said, not many could make a good use of it.

Edited by Jackos

I'm sure Owain or hell even Brady with Ricken/Henry as a dad would turn out decent with a Runesword.

Owain I could possibly see, but I really don't see Brady having the strength to reliably build his sword level from E to whatever rank the rune sword would be. Unless you meant someone else, like Inigo or possibly even Severa.

Actually, with this you'd be able to Nosferatank without the need of being a Sorcerer, which given the terrible model they have would be pretty cool, though as others said, not many could make a good use of it.

There's also the question of whether or not there would be enough rune swords to go around. Rune swords have always been very rare, and I doubt IS would change that for Awakening.

Owain I could possibly see, but I really don't see Brady having the strength to reliably build his sword level from E to whatever rank the rune sword would be. Unless you meant someone else, like Inigo or possibly even Severa.

There's also the question of whether or not there would be enough rune swords to go around. Rune swords have always been very rare, and I doubt IS would change that for Awakening.

yeah but you can always farm them

postgame shenanigans with the Runesword would be hilarious

This is the game that has an "Infinite Regalia" DLC and infinite buyable Nosferatu tomes, I'm pretty sure if it existed in this game you'd be able to get tons of them in some way (this isn't even counting the possibility of them giving it to a Spotpass Team and therefore letting you buy it from them infinitely).

Good points. I particularly agree on the second, seeing as Runeswords were either one-of-a-kind (Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance) or two-of-a-kind (Blazing Sword), and in all instances, they weren't obtainable until a couple chapters before the end of the game (also, in FE7, the chapter where you got Runeswords was Hector exclusive and required you to finish the preceding chapter in 20 turns or less).

Edited by Levant Fortner

This is the game that has an "Infinite Regalia" DLC and infinite buyable Nosferatu tomes, I'm pretty sure if it existed in this game you'd be able to get tons of them in some way (this isn't even counting the possibility of them giving it to a Spotpass Team and therefore letting you buy it from them infinitely).

I'm well aware of all this, but you really shouldn't assume that everyone is willing to spend their time grinding DLC just so they can stockpile a single item.

Good points. I particularly agree on the second, seeing as Runeswords were either one-of-a-kind (Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance) or two-of-a-kind (Blazing Sword), and in all instances, they weren't obtainable until a couple chapters before the end of the game (also, in FE7, the chapter where you got Runeswords was Hector exclusive and required you to finish the preceding chapter in 20 turns or less).

I may be confusing it with Light Brands or something, but I was pretty sure you could get more than one Rune sword in SS; at least, I remember it that way because I recall getting extremely lucky with monster drops in Lagdou Ruins. I could be wrong though.

I may be confusing it with Light Brands or something, but I was pretty sure you could get more than one Rune sword in SS; at least, I remember it that way because I recall getting extremely lucky with monster drops in Lagdou Ruins. I could be wrong though.

Actually, I wasn't counting skirmishes. And there's the fact that enemies with droppable Runeswords are rather rare.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Actually, in SS you could RNG abuse the hell out of the Tower of Valni to get as many Runeswords as you wanted, and they were one of the easiest items to get (enter tower -> start battle -> retreat -> save -> soft reset -> enter again = boom, a skeleton carrying a Runesword appears, IIRC. I had like, 20 or so.

EDIT: Gah, ninja'd. Still, the RNG abuse wasn't mentioned earlier, so I brought something new...

Also, Runeswords would mean that when I'm grinding LB3 with a sword user in need of a ranged weapon, I can choose between a "regular" magic sword and a Nosferatu sword, which would make it so much easier to grind unpromoted units.

Edited by Euklyd

Actually... I can't think of too many characters off the top of my head who would make good use of a rune sword.

I'm pretty sure that any magic user who can go Dark Knight would be able to use it well.