Serge's Pairing Polls Part V: Lyn!

Arceus

64 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your best pairing.

To commemorate the 10th anniversry to the 7th FE game, I have decided to create a poll.

A poll starring Lyn, the herione of Blazing Sword (AKA Fire Emblem).

Cast your votes!

Important note: The choices listed above will not change in any form or way.

I've personally always loved Lyn x Rath, I felt it worked the best. Considering their origins and personalities and such.

I guess I'll just have to add it myself.

(Don't worry, I'm not actually going to do that)

Whew, I almost had a heart attack!

You can still post and count the other votes, though~!

Wow, I had no idea LynxRath was so popular...

Wait.

LynxWALLACE? The armor guy that I've never recruited outside of Lyn mode?

Do those two even support? *checks*

Huh, whaddya know, they do! Wow, I need to play FE7 more.

Although Lyn is best with Rath and it would make alot of sense, I'm voting Eliwood. It was my first pairing I ever made in FE7. And I'm attached to it.

I've never really liked Ninian anyway.

Edited by Astra

Hector, definitely. Those two are so funny together, how they bicker and and stuff lol. And they get a special scene if they're paired, I think. I also think Lilina looks a lot like Lyn. I also got that "ooh, you tryin' to impress him!" vibe when Lyn asked Hector what he thought of her tracking skills. lol

Wow, I had no idea LynxRath was so popular...

A lot of the popularity is undeserved.

Hector, definitely. Those two are so funny together, how they bicker and and stuff lol. And they get a special scene if they're paired, I think. I also think Lilina looks a lot like Lyn. I also got that "ooh, you tryin' to impress him!" vibe when Lyn asked Hector what he thought of her tracking skills. lol

Pretty much this. And not a lot of the interaction between the two, not to mention the simple fact that Lyn always gives Caelin to Hector, doesn't really go anywhere or makes sense if Hector and Lyn aren't paired up with each other. And they click more with each other than they do with their other pairs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Lyn is best paired with Hector and makes the most sense. Especially given the context of every piece of interaction the two have. Whether it's with each other or not. (Especially since they have so many scenes between them, it's hard to not see them as the most canon pair.) And heck! The pair is even shipped by two of the characters in the game. (Namely Serra and arguably Ninian.)

I would also mention the naming theme that's present within Lyn's and Lilina's names. But even that is debatable.

@bolded: They do. Two

Edited by Little Al

Pretty much this. And not a lot of the interaction between the two, not to mention the simple fact that Lyn always gives Caelin to Hector, doesn't really go anywhere or makes sense if Hector and Lyn aren't paired up with each other. And they click more with each other than they do with their other pairs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Lyn is best paired with Hector and makes sense. Especially given the context of every piece of interaction the two have. Whether it's with each other or not.

@bolded: They do. Two

...Neither are the scene I was thinking of, actually, but how cute. :)

I was thinking of one from the epilogue, where Hector is talking about pitting his kid against Eliwood's someday or some such...haha. The tactician is also there and Lyn speaks to him/her as well. I just wasn't sure if this was the ONLY special scene involving a Hector pairing or Lyn pairing.

I happened to stumble upon a video of this scene by accident...lol.

Edited by Anacybele

I was thinking of one from the epilogue, where Hector is talking about pitting his kid against Eliwood's someday or some such...haha. The tactician is also there and Lyn speaks to him/her as well. I just wasn't sure if this was the ONLY special scene involving a Hector pairing or Lyn pairing.

1. Lyn gets no scenes in the epilogue unless if she's paired with either Eliwood or Hector. Only paired endings otherwise.

2. I'm pretty sure that the scene you're talking about isn't particularly unique among Hector's pairs. Even the dialogue whenever the Tactician is present is pretty generic regardless of the pair made.

Edited by Little Al

1. Lyn gets no scenes in the epilogue unless if she's paired with either Eliwood or Hector. Only paired endings otherwise.

2. I'm pretty sure that the scene you're talking about isn't particularly unique among Hector's pairs. Even the dialogue whenever the Tactician is present is pretty generic regardless of the pair made.

Oh, oops. My bad then. xP

Still. HectorxLyn ftw.

A lot of the popularity is undeserved.

Al, I know you don't like Hector/Florina and Rath/Lyn, but how exactly is Rath/Lyn's popularity undeserved? Lyn is Rath's only pairing option, they're both Sacaen, and Rath's devotion (I guess that's what it is) to Lyn are what make the pairing pretty credible, in my eyes. Hector and Lyn's special five second scene in the final chapter means zilch because that pairing is OPTIONAL. If it was canon, I'd say otherwise.

Obviously. I just don't get how Hector and Lyn's final chapter conversation makes them the best of the best.

People argue that Chrom and Sumia's two special movie scenes together in Awakening makes them canon and they're not even that long. I don't agree with it, but I was just saying that I liked Hector and Lyn's special scenes. Not that it made them the best or totally canon. I just thought it was neat. I had other reasons for liking the pair too.

Edited by Anacybele

But RathxLyn is winning this poll. xP

And no, you weren't being harsh or rude at all. I was just explaining that I didn't mean to say the special scene by itself meant HectorxLyn was canon and the best or anything, that's all. :)

Haha, good, good. I will say that that Lyn finding out about Uther's death then comforting Hector was a touching scene, though.

Well, that's enough of that. GO WIL

Al, I know you don't like Hector/Florina and Rath/Lyn, but how exactly is Rath/Lyn's popularity undeserved? Lyn is Rath's only pairing option, they're both Sacaen, and Rath's devotion (I guess that's what it is) to Lyn are what make the pairing pretty credible, in my eyes. Hector and Lyn's special five second scene in the final chapter means zilch because that pairing is OPTIONAL. If it was canon, I'd say otherwise.

The reason why I said that was because too many people argue the fact that Lyn is the only one among Rath's supports that's a female opoption as a point in favor on the pair's canonicity. I know that it's really only Bartre X Karla and Pent X Louise that's truly canon, but I really wish the girls among Rath's support options wasn't limited to just Lyn. (I'm wondering if one of the characters that was cut was intended to be another female support option for Rath. He needs it.)

@bolded: It didn't really seem he was all that devoted to her. He even outright says he only helped Lyn out just because he thought she was a Sacaean when he's introduced.

Obviously. I just don't get how Hector and Lyn's final chapter conversation makes them the best of the best.

There's more than that to go on, as I've mentioned earlier. Just saying.

Edited by Little Al