English FE10 Maniac mode?

Quick

Are there any codes that can redo all the gameplay localization changes in Radiant Dawn? Such as the forging system, Wrath and Resolve, Edward and Leo's levels, etc..?

Is there any codes that can redo all the gameplay localization changes in Radiant Dawn? Such as the forging system, Wrath and Resolve, Edward and Leo's levels, etc..?

Edited by Quick

Assembly codes are gonna be required for most of those. Especially the forging system and skill changes.

As for Edward's and Leo's levels, you SHOULD be able to change those via ISO hacking via nightmare modules that Vincent made.

Ah okay. Once I find Leonardo's and Edward's original base stats I'll try that

I'm assuming it's easy to re-activate the 100% chance to get hidden treasure and give 8 more Master Crowns and no level 21 promotion, but what about the rest?

Edited by Quick

It almost sounds like you're better off begging shadowofchaos to "translate" Japanese FE10 like he did with FE9 (or just play the Japanese version).

Because otherwise you're not really going to get anywhere ^^;;;

It's not really "Maniac Mode" as much as it is "average HM with small changes". Everything else is just due to localization changes of the game overall, reguardless of mode.

Edited by Walpurgisnacht

It almost sounds like you're better off begging shadowofchaos to "translate" Japanese FE10 like he did with FE9 (or just play the Japanese version).

Because otherwise you're not really going to get anywhere ^^;;;

I probably am not going to get far, but it still seems possible, everything's (minus maybe the forging system thing) still gotta be in the codes right? If people could manage to obtain the Japanese Game Corner in the English Heart Gold/Soul Silver I'm assuming I can put all those changes back here.

It's not really "Maniac Mode" as much as it is "average HM with small changes". Everything else is just due to localization changes of the game overall, reguardless of mode.

You're completely right, it just made more sense to put "English Maniac Mode" over "Codes to redo the changes in localization" but I digress.

Edited by Quick

If people could manage to obtain the Japanese Game Corner in the English Heart Gold/Soul Silver I'm assuming I can put all those changes back here.

You have to take into account that the Pokemon fandom is a hell of a lot bigger, more active, and has more experienced people in the field of computer science to hack the hell out of the ROMs to do amazing things.

You have to take into account that the Pokemon fandom is a hell of a lot bigger, more active, and has more experienced people in the field of computer science to hack the hell out of the ROMs to do amazing things.

You're right, I was just saying that it is possible, I guess it really won't be done for a while, The item locations and the whole leveling thing on Eddie and Leonardo can easily be changed right? Well, that really just leaves the whole Wrath+Resolve thing and maybe the whole no leveling up after 21 because the rest can be changed by just taking note of how much you have. Only makes it harder for me to make a play-through of the Japanese version of this game.