In need of help

xxArmando

Hey, don't worry, you should just enjoy the game, not worry about what difficulty you're playing on. ^^

It's not like you'd be the only one that plays on normal mode either. I've been playing FE since I got FE9 back in 09 and I've only ever strayed away from the easiest mode once (and that was to try to get data that was transferable from FE9 to FE10 since easy mode data won't work due to an error. I almost did beat the game, but I I gave up cause of a lot of frustration)! I've never been especially skilled at RPG games, so yeah. I don't care if most of the people here are way better than me, I just want to enjoy myself. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah you are right bear, and Ana thanks for the support I will see tomorrow if I start on normal. I will be giving hard another shot.

I will see you folks tomorrow off to sleep. Gnite :^_^:

Edited by xxArmando

One of my best friends started her first FE13 file on Normal, even though she's played ALL the games, beginning with FE7 (excluding 12). It's nothing to feel bad about; I assume you bought this game to have fun, not brag about beating it on Hard your first playthrough (I hope).

Also, in Normal mode, I believe that Reeking Boxes are guaranteed to provide a positive return on investment (you always get more Gold by killing the enemies than you spent on the Box).

Edited by Euklyd

One of my best friends started her first FE13 file on Normal, even though she's played ALL the games, beginning with FE7 (excluding 12). It's nothing to feel bad about; I assume you bought this game to have fun, not brag about beating it on Hard your first playthrough (I hope).

Also, in Normal mode, I believe that Reeking Boxes are guaranteed to provide a positive return on investment (you always get more Gold by killing the enemies than you spent on the Box).

I can confirm cost is 500 g and you're guaranteed at least one bullion(s)

Yeah I will be starting normal today. I don't want to beat it in hard to brag, I just thought normal wouldn't teach me how to play strategy rpgs. I figured normal was too easy and wouldn't require effort or skill.

Yeah I will be starting normal today. I don't want to beat it in hard to brag, I just thought normal wouldn't teach me how to play strategy rpgs. I figured normal was too easy and wouldn't require effort or skill.

My fire FE game was Fire Emblem 7 (first FE that came to North America), and there was only Normal mode at the time. My first run, I lost all my units except the required characters at endgame. Now I can breeze through the game, no problem. Even on Hard Mode, but that's because I know the game's mechanics inside and out.

Regardless of the mode, the game will punish you for making mistakes, it's just on Normal Mode your units will be able to endure it.

If you find Normal too easy, you should consider trying Hard again, fresh file. It's likely that some of the lessons that you learned from Normal mode will carry over to Hard, and make your life easier.

As general advice for all modes: don't over-use Frederick and don't train too many people at once. A lot of problems can be created by spreading EXP either too thinly, or into units who grow slowly.

Avatar is the best unit. Chrom is mediocre, but training him is usually a good idea even if he just becomes someone's Support partner.

Other good units: one of either Cordelia or Sumia, so that you have a good flier. Manaketes are powerful, so I suggest using Nowi. Pick a god and pray Cavalier (either Sully or Stahl) and work on them; Cavs are solid. Archers are not good, but mages are: Miriel or Tharja (especially Tharja) are worth your time. You'll want a healer and a thief (doesn't need to be trained) as well.

On Normal Mode I wouldn't bother with Fred too much. Chrom and Avatar should be your priorities, and everyone else is fair game. On a personal note, I'd say everyone on the Shepards, minus Miriel and Vaike are very strong Endgame units, but you'll get many characters down the road.

Your character always starts as a Tactician, which is a weird hybrid of Swords and Tomes. But you have access to all of the gender-appropriate "normal" classes (no Lord or Manakete), so you can make him/her whatever you like once you get a Second Seal.

Edited by Interceptor

Great and a second seal is the one you can buy in the shop, and you use it once that character reaches level 10 correct?

Also certain classes can only be played in higher difficulties? like for example Lunatic?

Yes, they are eventually buyable, around late-midgame. You also find them as you go along, and they can randomly show up as bonus items in the Anna shops. More info here.

You can play all classes in all difficulties. Some are better than others. I wouldn't worry about it for Normal or Hard, though. By the time you are ready to tackle Lunatic, you will have a good idea of what is effective and what is not.