I'm not getting this game.

Actually I think that is a good idea, if a characters growths more fit another class you can swap the class. Like some unit's in variated games are more suited to be another unit because they are near similar in terms of ablities (a SM like lance/axe).

Also it's good if you have multiple characters that are the same class.

Fine then the Bull Crap Gaidens.

They give you faceless units when your not good enough to beat the game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like class swap, then don't use it, lol. It isn't forced on you at all; I have no idea why so many people make such a big deal over it. <_<

Or what he said would work wonders.

Also TLS to your last post if those faceless units are better than the units that died and gave you them, what's the problem

To respond more throughly to the first post...

Crappy Gaidens

If you've played this game, you'd know that the hardest difficulty is basically impossible to beat without losing units - the Gaidens are to help you out when you inevitably lose them.

It's obvious that they made this game with the intention that it would be too hard to keep everyone alive; the gaidens, and also, the fact that when a character dies, its items return to the storage, for example.

Identical Palletes

Characters do have their own colours, just not to the extent that they have been in recent games.

Faceless Units

...who replace characters who are defeated. Just don't use them if you don't want to...?

CLASS SWAP = PHAIL

Again, not forced on you at all. Don't use it if you don't want to.

It's sad how much people complain when the game isn't a carbon copy of FE7 =/ People complained about different magic triangle in FE9, different supports in FE10, as well as the game being split in to parts (which FE7 was anyhow, lol), and now a few tweaked mechanics in this game as well. The game is largely unchanged on the whole, people just need to stop getting caught up on such minor details and play the damn game. <_<

Edited by Makarov

To respond more throughly to the first post...

If you've played this game, you'd know that the hardest difficulty is basically impossible to beat without losing units - the Gaidens are to help you out when you inevitably lose them.

It's obvious that they made this game with the intention that it would be too hard to keep everyone alive; the gaidens, and also, the fact that when a character dies, its items return to the storage, for example.

Characters do have their own colours, just not to the extent that they have been in recent games.

...who replace characters who are defeated. Just don't use them if you don't want to...?

Again, not forced on you at all. Don't use it if you don't want to.

It's sad how much people complain when the game isn't a carbon copy of FE7 =/ People complained about different magic triangle in FE9, different supports in FE10, as well as the game being split in to parts (which FE7 was anyhow, lol), and now a few tweaked mechanics in this game as well. The game is largely unchanged on the whole, people just need to stop getting caught up on such minor details and play the damn game. <_<

Agreed to the fullest. This game is meant to be hard, plus it's a GOD DAMN WAR GAME (directed at certain people) you lose unit's deal with it, at least this game gives you something to work with if they die

Then play easy mode/hard mode below 5 stars and ignore the gaidens.

It was impossible to be a perfectionist in FE7 as well, just thought I'd throw that out there.

You could get rather close. All the Gaidens were more easily available (for perfectionists), and only two characters couldn't be recruited. It wasn't a huge deal.

I like side chapters.

Thing is, Serene, it's a game, not a war, even if it's a war game. That means people can be perfectionists. They can't with the way this is though.

I agree with you, there will always be those who want to complete a game like FE and not have a unit die. I don't mind them it's just that when people are all like "Oh we have to kill unit's to see Gaiden chapters" it just annoys me. I like the idea as a whole since it's innovative in the fact that I've never seen it done before (if is has been done before tell me).

Also I agree with Makarov

Thing is, Serene, it's a game, not a war, even if it's a war game. That means people can be perfectionists. They can't with the way this is though.Then play easy mode/hard mode below 5 stars and ignore the gaidens.

It was impossible to be a perfectionist in FE7 as well, just thought I'd throw that out there.

*Is a Perfectionist*

LOL no it's not

I agree with you, there will always be those who want to complete a game like FE and not have a unit die. I don't mind them it's just that when people are all like "Oh we have to kill unit's to see Gaiden chapters" it just annoys me. I like the idea as a whole since it's innovative in the fact that I've never seen it done before (if is has been done before tell me).

Also I agree with Makarov

I guess... Opinions speak. You like it, I don't. Nothing wrong with that.

Despite everything, I'm definitely getting this game.

*Is a Perfectionist*

LOL no it's not

Dude you just merged two quotes into one right there.

Just noticed your post Fox so I'll add this: Yeah it's a matter of opinion I'll just stop at that

Edited by Serene

I don't know why Class Swap is receiving the amount of hate it has...

To me, it's one of the better ideas the series has introduced.

Adds more replayability and more customization, and if it doesn't float your boat, it can be not utilized at all...

I just don't see the prob

I don't know why Class Swap is receiving the amount of hate it has...

To me, it's one of the better ideas the series has introduced.

Adds more replayability and more customization, and if it doesn't float your boat, it can be not utilized at all...

I just don't see the prob

Agreed and what I said earlier about the off chance that a unit fits this class better than the one you have. Or the chance that you need another ax or something to balance it out

I don't like the idea of class swap because previous FE characters have been characterized based on what class they are. It often affected a lot of things. That would be lost in this.

I kinda see your point. But the units will still be characterized by the classes they were in FE1 and 3. So even if you change Jeigan (sorry, my knowledge of this game's characters is lacking) into a dragonmaster, he will still always be a paladin officially.

Also, what are your opinions on FE8 then, with its promotional branches?

I kinda see your point. But the units will still be characterized by the classes they were in FE1 and 3. So even if you change Jeigan (sorry, my knowledge of this game's characters is lacking) into a dragonmaster, he will still always be a paladin officially.

FE8 was... not great when compared to other FE's. It was fun to play, but the characters (save possibly Ewan) always kept their base weapon, so they could still be characterized by that.

Characters are also characterized by their colors. To Kain's red and Abel green.

Edited by Delsait

I actually like the innovations made to this game, but I was like WTF when I heard gaidens were for crappy players. No one who hasn't played the game yet should be judging it anyway, me included.

You could get rather close. All the Gaidens were more easily available (for perfectionists), and only two characters couldn't be recruited. It wasn't a huge deal.

I like side chapters.

This.

I'm still getting the game though, as it has Narbal, Oguma and many of my other favourites. Plus Tomth looks too awesome to pass up (I don't care if he turns out worse than other generals) and I'm dying to try out "Super Wolf" and "Super Zaggaro"

Why would anyone give half a shit whether you're getting the game or not? It's your money (or more likely, your parents'), you do whatever you want with it.

3 pages eh? That's good for this forum. This thread certainly got a lot of attention.

Edited by Sir Canas