If male characters had their own children...

Djing

Not bad, but I don't really see Frederick having a daughter that rides a wyvern or is ruthless. I just don't. xP

Kinda wish someone would've given me an opinion on the daughter I came up with for him though...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad, but I don't really see Frederick having a daughter that rides a wyvern or is ruthless. I just don't. xP

Kinda wish someone would've given me an opinion on the daughter I came up with for him though...

She's a bit like Frederick in the very overzealous. Just, she expends her time and peace into keeping order, and if any dares to defy her they quickly become very close friends with her axe. And I made her a wyvern rider because I have this strange headcanon that Frederick hates being near water, and because of that, he never taught her how to swim. So it's a way she protects herself from terrifying things like currants, leeches, and all of those pesky pebbles.

I'll give you an opinion! Show me please? :)

I'm probably got a few Cut In Off quotes that I came up that will probably be good for the father's children:

Frederick's daughter:

"This the end for you!"

"For the future!"

Virion's daughter:

"For the House of Virion!"

"I will not fail for my father!"

Vaike's daughter:

"Don't mess with the daughter of "The Vaike"!"

Stahl's son:

"You are nothing but a enemy!"

"I'm working very hard!"

Kellam's son:

"I am not to judge with your acts!"

Lon'qu's daughter:

"For Chon'sin!"

"This will kill your souls!"

"I will not let my homeland gets destroyed!"

Donnel's son:

"For my grandma ma's village!"

"Let's chop some wood!"

Ricken's daughter:

"You will pay the ultimate price!"

"This will finally might get enough for my family's starvation!"

Gaius's son:

"You're the enemy of Ylisse!"

Gregor's son:

"This will avenged my father's death on you!"

"No more tricks from you!"

Libra's daughter:

"You're not even praying enough!"

"For the Gods of Naga!"

"Nothing that will keep trying to hard!"

Henry's daughter:

"This will strike on you for killing people!"

That might be a good one. And what will Frederick might think of her daughter during in their support conversations if he asks her if why is she Ruthless?

He'd probably be concerned... I don't think he would have ever imagined his daughter like that, especially since he can support with Henry and has already gotten a good look at how ruthless a person can be.

Edit: Try not to double post.

Edited by eCut

She's a bit like Frederick in the very overzealous. Just, she expends her time and peace into keeping order, and if any dares to defy her they quickly become very close friends with her axe. And I made her a wyvern rider because I have this strange headcanon that Frederick hates being near water, and because of that, he never taught her how to swim. So it's a way she protects herself from terrifying things like currants, leeches, and all of those pesky pebbles.

I'll give you an opinion! Show me please? :)

Ah, I see. That makes sense then. If Frederick also fears water, he's quite a guy with phobias lol. Bear meat, wild animals, then water. XD

Anyway, I wrote the profile on page 2, but here it is again. :)

Name: Antoinette

Class: Troubador

Default Parent: Frederick (again, duh)

Appearance: She wears an outfit somewhat similar to Maribelle's, but still with differences and colored purple rather than pink. Antoinette would inherit the hair color of her mother, but she has a long ponytail with a light purple bow and bangs similar to her father's. Some small curls hang from behind her ears. She also has Frederick's brown eyes. She comes with a Mend staff.

Story/Personality: Antoinette is Lucina's closest retainer and a childhood friend of hers. She originally traveled with Lucina to the past to guard her and disguised herself as well (but not as a man, as a common female mercenary hired to help her), but like all the other kids, they were separated by the chaos going on. Antoinette would be found by Chrom and his group with bandits who are trying to steal her prized steed and sell it for a lot of money. Her disguise is gone because she no longer needed it, but she explains that after being recruited by Frederick or Chrom. Antoinette would prove that she is Frederick's daughter by showing him a piece of his armor that she kept after he died in her timeline and treasured it like it was him. She also shows him a scarf she has attached to her belt, which he gave to her when she was rather little and has the words "Daddy's little girl" sewn on it. Frederick admits that it sounds like something he'd do, which means she must really be his child.

Character-wise, Antoinette is a free-spirited girl that's pretty into boys (Inigo would dig her for sure). She wants to be as great a retainer as her father, but unlike him, she actually wants to relax a bit on occasion. She doesn't particularly like the way he taught her, and he might even end up annoying her. I imagine Frederick would be a rather strict and overprotective father, the kind that would get on his daughter's nerves sometimes. lol But even so, Antoinette always loved and admired her father. She just doesn't like to admit it sometimes. Hehe.

I plan to draw Antoinette someday too. I ought to add a bit about that scarf in the support I wrote though. lol

I made her a Troubador because I find it interesting if Frederick has a daughter that's not as into battling and training as he is, but still wants to ride his horse and be of use as a retainer to the royal family. So, I picked Troubador for her class. And her being into boys and relaxing sometimes and stuff is so she's into things her father wouldn't exactly approve of...lol. Showing how overprotective and stuff Freddy could be over his children. XD

Ah, I see. That makes sense then. If Frederick also fears water, he's quite a guy with phobias lol. Bear meat, wild animals, then water. XD

Anyway, I wrote the profile on page 2, but here it is again. :)

I made her a Troubador because I find it interesting if Frederick has a daughter that's not as into battling and training as he is, but still wants to ride his horse and be of use as a retainer to the royal family. So, I picked Troubador for her class. And her being into boys and relaxing sometimes and stuff is so she's into things her father wouldn't exactly approve of...lol. Showing how overprotective and stuff Freddy could be over his children. XD

Oh, she's cute. :)

I really love the contrast between the two - contrasting parent/child relationships are interesting dynamics in their own right. She seems like a good foil to both her father and to Lucina - Lucy's a lot more serious. And Inigo will have a field day.

The Troubadour thing is interesting... she'd had to have a magically inclined mother in order to be able to heal decently, and even then she misses out on Healtouch. (... I tried not to get into gameplay, I really did.) Although the skills that class brings fit her characterization well (Resistance +2, unlike her father's lower resistance and Demoiselle is just too perfect for words). And I'm guessing one of her reclass options would be mercenary then, since she disguises herself as that? Bandits trying to steal her horse, huh? Oh, I can imagine the paralogue. She'd probably be furious at the audacity of some low-life daring to take her father's horse. She has a lot of mementos from her father, how did she get a hold of them all? Isolde only has the broken pieces of his original silver lance.

The only other thing I'd like to point out is the scarf. You know that if Frederick talks to his child in the barracks or through an event tile, he'll mention some of the things he does as a steward knight like knitting, and then offers to knit them a jacket with the words "Papa's Pride and Joy" on it. Have you seen that conversation before?

Oh, yes, two of Antoinette's reclass options would be Cleric and Mercenary regardless of who her mother is. This way, Frederick not passing down any magic-related stuff wouldn't permanently hinder her.

As for her mementos, she'd had the scarf ever since he made it and gave to her (which I did get the idea from that barracks/event tile comment, yes!) and the piece of armor she managed to snatch probably the same way Owain got his piece of Lissa's staff.

Why not, I'll do an in-depth one.

Name: Vreni

Class: Myrmidon (Level 10)

Weapon Rank: Swords - C

Parent: Stahl

She wears an orange version of the Myrmidon tunic with dark gray armor and shoulder guards. Her hair's swept into a low chignon with her bangs loose, but it's got a nice cowlick or two in the back like her dad. She always looks at ease, even when she's worried or distressed.

She'd be "most likely found playing with a knife" because she has a eerily serene demeanor when fighting or training (the opposite of fight-loving Kjelle). The reason she's not a Cavalier is because she's nervous with animals, especially horses. She's reserved, observant, and kinda comes off like a creepy ghost girl. However, she is still gentle-hearted and happy to help out with various tasks around camp. She secretly wants to know if combat-wise she's seen as the "average" of the children, but she doesn't want to give off that she has a complex about it. Also has a bad habit of making people skip their dinner if they think she's out to get them; she knows apothecary from Stahl and likes experimental cooking. Her supports would be with Kjelle, Morgan, and Nah..

EDIT: Updated version is here.

Edited by Perlia

You guys are bringing out my inner writer and making me want to expand on Henry's son.

Name: Cian

Class: Mage (I see not why we can't have two mages, if we have two mercenaries)

Reclasses: everything Henry has

Supports: Gerome and Laurent, plus all the 2nd generation girls

His outfit is the regular mage outfit, but it has a similar color scheme as Henry's (purple and black). I have a hard time imagining Henry's son as anything other than the male Morgan that looked EXACTLY LIKE HIM, but just to be funny ... he would have long hair pulled back in a low ponytail.

Cian is very much sane, especially when compared to Henry. Henry was a really good father, and so Cian wanted to take up dark magic to be like him ... until he realized that all the dark mages around him were more than a little off. Fearing for his sanity, he took up regular magic instead. He likes to learn new things, and he likes to pick up on new experiences, so in his spare time he practices with weapons like sword and axe. He's not very good around people, because Henry was never the best example of how to interact with others (and it's not like the children from the future are exactly normal anyway). He finds present-day Henry a little unnerving and doesn't know how to interact with him, but would like to get to know him better regardless.

So we're going in-depth? Well then...

Name: Solace

Class: Cleric

Reclass options: Mage, Dark Mage, Troubadour

She has a ponytail(a bit similar to the Build 1 FeMU's except there's no stray hair sticking out) with a dirty blonde hair similar to her father. She wears a white Cleric outfit, with a red scarf tied on her neck. She also wears a rosary which is slightly visible beneath her scarf. Her War Cleric outfit also retains the scarf and pendant, as well as the white color.

She's Libra's daughter from the future. She's a calm yet humble and friendly girl in general, but sometimes she can be quite sensitive. She's also quite religious(like her father). She actually hates fighting but she'll always fight for her friends. She's good friends with Noire, and she's probably the only one who gets used with her snapping. She took the healing path because she couldn't stand the sight of her allies dying, and she didn't want them to get hurt because of her. Her father died from a fatal sickness in the future, and she resented his death because she couldn't heal him sooner. The rosary is the memento he gave to her just before he died.

In her support with her father, he wishes to know more about her future. Then she asked him the question she always pondered but yet to be answered: why he joined the clergy at the first place. After he told everything(including his past), she asked why he didn't told her earlier, and he answered that he didn't want to make her sad and took the burden. The conversation ends with him telling her that he's really happy to have such caring daughter and he would do anything for her to make her happy.

She could support with her parents(obviously), the 2nd gen males including her siblings(again, obvious), Noire(they're good friends), Nah(they'll talk about Naga and other deities), and Kjelle(both shared their past, including the actual reason why Kjelle loves fighting). Her fun fact: "The best tea brewer in the army."

I sorta want her support with her father as heartwarming as possible

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

Someone who's a good artist should totally draw some of these XP

I don't think anyone took up the call. If that -is- the case, would it be alright if I did them? I'm on finals week right now, but I think I can start next week, if no one minds. Some moar drawing projects FTW. Maybe I can put them in the Creations forum...?

In the meantime, I'll make a sticky note for the in-depth descriptions, just in case. ' w'

I don't think anyone took up the call. If that -is- the case, would it be alright if I did them? I'm on finals week right now, but I think I can start next week, if no one minds. Some moar drawing projects FTW. Maybe I can put them in the Creations forum...?

In the meantime, I'll make a sticky note for the in-depth descriptions, just in case. ' w'

Nope, no one has taken up to that, I believe. But that should be fine. 8D I'm sure a lot of us will be waiting~! And yes, Creative section would work too. : D and a link to this thread too~

Oh, I had said I was going to draw Antoinette lol. Just not yet. There's another piece I'd like to do first. I kinda sorta told a friend I would and it's going to include a character that belongs to him.

Oh, I had said I was going to draw Antoinette lol. Just not yet. There's another piece I'd like to do first. I kinda sorta told a friend I would and it's going to include a character that belongs to him.

Oh. I-I'm sorry... I'll just leave a note to myself to not draw her...

Anyone else I missed?

Oh. I-I'm sorry... I'll just leave a note to myself to not draw her...

Hey, it's quite alright! In fact, you're free to try your hand at her too if you'd like. She'd probably end up looking different than what I have in mind for her, but yeah. lol

I can't draw. Feel free to do whatever! :P:

EDIT: And silly me forgot that Brady's color scheme is already black and purple. Whoops! Give me some time to change that then!

Edited by Sangyul

So we're going in-depth? Well then...

Name: Solace

Class: Cleric

Reclass options: Mage, Dark Mage, Troubadour

She's Libra's daughter from the future.

For bonus points, if Tharja is her mother, she can Lampshade Hang the tar out of the pairing in her Mother-Daughter supports, saying that even SHE can't get how he decided to marry her. Perfect!

Though I wonder if, for the others that haven't gone that in-depth, I should just draw them based on the little tidbits others posted? Hmm.

For bonus points, if Tharja is her mother, she can Lampshade Hang the tar out of the pairing in her Mother-Daughter supports, saying that even SHE can't get how he decided to marry her. Perfect!

Though I wonder if, for the others that haven't gone that in-depth, I should just draw them based on the little tidbits others posted? Hmm.

I would have added their appearances, but they're not staying consistent for me. Isolde cannot decide if she wants short, wavy hair or something a bit longer and more jagged. Jake for some reason keeps wanting to emulate DLC Alm's multi-toned hair... and the only kid whose looks I have set in stone I can't think of a name for. ._.

You can go right ahead though, but I'll try to see if I can't finally having their appearances set for you.

At first I would like to post that too, about she resenting why he picked her because her future mother...you know what.

But then I think "eh, that could push the pairing even closer" so no.

At first I would like to post that too, about she resenting why he picked her because her future mother...you know what.

But then I think "eh, that could push the pairing even closer" so no.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Now I wonder if I could try my hand at the "potential children" thing sometime. Hmm. Maybe not this week. XD

Donnel's daughter! Finally found a decent name for her. And yes, I actually have her appearance here.

Name: Moira

Starting Class: Myrmidon

Starting Inventory: Steel Sword

Skills: Avoid +10, Vantage

A seemingly mute girl with a distant look in her eyes. Truthfully, she is able to speak, but her country accent reminds her too much of her father and the home she's lost. In order to communicate with people, she keeps a small pen and pad on her at all times. The one most prone to betraying her true emotions.

Appearance: Moira's default hair color is Donnel's muted violet. She has wild, tangled hair reaching to just below her breasts - although if it were to be straightened her hair would reach her knees. On the left side of her head above her ears, she has a strand of hair that makes a tiny oval loop. She has Donnel's violet eyes and an eye shape similar to Emmeryn's. Her default pose is her with her index and middle fingers pressed lightly against her lower jaw, near her chin, with her black quill pen in between those two fingers. She holds her other hand close to her chest, with her notepad and her head is tilted down slightly, like she's looking at it. Her myrmidon outfit is mostly violet-red, with the shoulders pads and collar being white instead of brown. She notably has a broad range of facial expressions, and if one associates with her enough it becomes easy to tell what she's feeling.

Donnel's daughter! Finally found a decent name for her. And yes, I actually have her appearance here.

A seemingly mute girl with a distant look in her eyes. Truthfully, she is able to speak, but her country accent reminds her too much of her father and the home she's lost. In order to communicate with people, she keeps a small pen and pad on her at all times. The one most prone to betraying her true emotions.

Appearance: Moira's default hair color is Donnel's muted violet. She has wild, tangled hair reaching to just below her breasts - although if it were to be straightened her hair would reach her knees. On the left side of her head above her ears, she has a strand of hair that makes a tiny oval loop. She has Donnel's violet eyes and an eye shape similar to Emmeryn's. Her default pose is her with her index and middle fingers pressed lightly against her lower jaw, near her chin, with her black quill pen in between those two fingers. She holds her other hand close to her chest, with her notepad and her head is tilted down slightly, like she's looking at it. Her myrmidon outfit is mostly violet-red, with the shoulders pads and collar being white instead of brown. She notably has a broad range of facial expressions, and if one associates with her enough it becomes easy to tell what she's feeling.

I sense Nephenee in the making

Anyways, I've been thinking to give Solace another name.

Added to the list! Thanks so much! :) I feel horrible for thinking it was "Moria" at first. Fail, me.

Edited by Tiaramaki

I sense Nephenee in the making

Anyways, I've been thinking to give Solace another name.

:facepalm: Oh, wow. That was accidental I swear.

Try behindthename.com. It's where I go for most of my naming choices.

:facepalm: Oh, wow. That was accidental I swear.

Try behindthename.com. It's where I go for most of my naming choices.

That's what I used as well. When there's so many, using etymology and the origin of the parent name helps a ton.

That's what I used as well. When there's so many, using etymology and the origin of the parent name helps a ton.

I go to Baby Names World, but that's mostly because I do Meaningful Names and am not that... what's the word?... fluid?.. with why I choose a name for someone.

You guys are bringing out my inner writer and making me want to expand on Henry's son.

Name: Cian

Class: Mage (I see not why we can't have two mages, if we have two mercenaries)

Reclasses: everything Henry has

Supports: Gerome and Laurent, plus all the 2nd generation girls

His outfit is the regular mage outfit, but with a dark blue and black color scheme. I have a hard time imagining Henry's son as anything other than the male Morgan that looked EXACTLY LIKE HIM, but just to be funny ... he would have long hair pulled back in a low ponytail.

Cian is very much sane, especially when compared to Henry. Henry was a really good father, and so Cian wanted to take up dark magic to be like him ... until he realized that all the dark mages around him were more than a little off. Fearing for his sanity, he took up regular magic instead. He likes to learn new things, and he likes to pick up on new experiences, so in his spare time he practices with weapons like sword and axe. He's not very good around people, because Henry was never the best example of how to interact with others (and it's not like the children from the future are exactly normal anyway). He finds present-day Henry a little unnerving and doesn't know how to interact with him, but would like to get to know him better regardless.

Minor update :P