FE8 - 100% enemy growths

two things

a) this is alive and i'm going to update once i finish c7

b) i peeked at enemy stats and i dunno if i'm even gonna be able to do this without some fudging on my part

Tables' run had infinite Juna Fruit, which inflated his stats a lot. Because I am ORIGINAL THE PLAYTHROUGH, I'm thinking of opting for a different approach. For one, I'm going to recode the effectiveness so that Ivaldi's monster effectiveness doesn't cancel Slayer (so using Ivaldi with a Bishop results in a 102 might tome). And to deal with level 4 valkyries I'm also going to raise stat boosters to raise stats by +5 instead of +2 (and angelic robe will give +12 hp)

thoughts? alternate suggestions?

I always find it weird when I click on a topic and then my name suddenly appears.

Yeah, I gave myself an infinite Juna Fruit, which kinda meant while earlygame was tough (it can't be used below level 10 remember), things got a little easier by midgame. IIRC, it was still hard - sure, I had infinite and relatively fast levelling unprooted, but enemies were hitting caps and if I promoted, my growth rate plummeted back down again.

My suggestions would be:

1) Do what I did. It's easier, but still way harder than a normal FE8 run, and you still need to deal with capped promoted enemies from midgame.

2) Choose a growth rate lower than 100% and go for that. Because of how enemy growths work, '100% enemy growth' isn't really distinct from just 'high enemy growth'. 75% or 80% seem like they might work. Either way promoted enemies will be capped by endgame.

3) Make certain items have more uses. Statboosters with 3 uses each maybe?

I don't want to do what you did because then I'd feel like I'm just replicating your run

I'm thinking i'm gonna take your advice on the statbooster thing and have them all be 3 use

also 102 might ivaldi so i can just cheese all monsters ever once i get it

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck, this seems like a really interesting run. I will be following it to see if you pull it off because that chapter 9 sniper looks pretty scary!

As long as you have one character he doesn't ORKO, he's not that bad. Lure, surround, kill.