Battle Customization

Merun

Not sure what I'd search for to find a thread about this because there's no real universal name for the mechanic as far as I'm aware. Not that it needs one.

Awakening allowed you to choose to view battles from the side, from multiple angles, or view from a first person perspective and speed up or slow down the speed of the battle. Do you always fuck around with these settings, and what settings do you usually stick with?

Personally I always choose the side view and speed up every single battle if I'm not skipping entire turns with the start button or skipping all the battles. It's something I rarely see people do in gameplay videos so it made me wonder if I'm the only one who even uses it. I've used Speed Up so much that normal speed just seems really slow to me. Too slow in fact so I end up speeding it up anyway. Sometimes I use the first person view if I'm curious as to what specific moves might look like from that perspective.

I tend to only use the "auto" camera view, but in my Avatar Army file, I like to switch to first person view; its interesting to see what the viewpoint of the character actually doing the fighting is.

Generals are terrifying in first person. You just see them stomping towards you like a mad elephant.

Looool, I bet.

I...haven't really been using the battle animation since I started Hard... but I think I usually use the default side-view. I'm not sure what the speed is -- didn't even know we can speed it up or slow it. It's all at default, or at least I think it's default.

I also don't really use the first person's view cause it looks kinda weird. I like seeing both units in battle. Though sometimes I switched to first person out of curiosity, but then I would snap right back to the regular side/full view of the battle. I also usually do the quick first person view if it's a flier.

I would like first person view if it showed the character's body rather than just the weapon.

So, you would like the first person view if it was a third person view...?

So, you would like the first person view if it was a third person view...?

No I mean when you go first person it just shows the weapon floating there rather than the character's arms.

No I mean when you go first person it just shows the weapon floating there rather than the character's arms.

Oh, that. I found it odd that when a Female hero would extend her arm out when activating a skill you can't see her arm in first person. :/

I use the default auto view and I speed up every battle, and I still think it's too slow. I don't like to turn off the animations, though. Also if I'm fighting a boss, I'll watch it all in slow motion to make it seem more epic.

Auto, I'll speed up or skip if boring things are happening (enemy has 0% hit rate, I get a Dual Guard and activate Vengeance with full HP when a normal attack would kill them) but otherwise I like normal speed. Sometimes I'll zoom in since that looks cool when it doesn't cause the camera to focus on dirt.

I kinda want to like sideview, but it just feels different than I'd want it to; not sure why. And first person is... Weird. Yeah it doesn't draw your character's model, but it also forces you to look straight at the enemy--even when you know the attack you're using makes your unit face the other direction. Creepy.

I switch back-and-forth between it, actually, depending on the story.

Usually I keep it in auto, unless a character's going for the boss, then I go into first person. During chapter 10, any time Chrom attacks/is attacked I switch to first-person, and during any of the children's paralogue's, if the child I'm getting attacks/is attacked I switch to first person then too. Invisible Ties and Endgame are done in my Avatar's first person view as well.

Auto, I'll speed up or skip if boring things are happening (enemy has 0% hit rate, I get a Dual Guard and activate Vengeance with full HP when a normal attack would kill them) but otherwise I like normal speed.

I don't like that Vengeance activates special phrases like a crit. I wish Vengeance didn't do that or only did it if you didn't have full HP.

Edited by BlueFire

I usually use auto camera, but I do sometimes do first person (about 1/6 of the time). Like others have said, if it gets to the point where I know there's nothing to watch for and the enemy won't to shit, I'll speed through or skip. On the rare occasion, though, I do slow things down.This is usually to check out an outfit on a character fresh from class change/observe special outfits(bonds), savor the radness of a cool spell, or take a look at some weaponry I just equipped.

Auto (fast) or skip, unless a boss battle is coming up, in which case I occasionally turn animations onto auto (normal speed).

My favorite is an exchange of magic, preferably with a pair up partner. If the enemy doesn't die too quickly, it is really cool.

Not sure what I'd search for to find a thread about this because there's no real universal name for the mechanic as far as I'm aware. Not that it needs one.

Awakening allowed you to choose to view battles from the side, from multiple angles, or view from a first person perspective and speed up or slow down the speed of the battle. Do you always fuck around with these settings, and what settings do you usually stick with?

Personally I always choose the side view and speed up every single battle if I'm not skipping entire turns with the start button or skipping all the battles. It's something I rarely see people do in gameplay videos so it made me wonder if I'm the only one who even uses it. I've used Speed Up so much that normal speed just seems really slow to me. Too slow in fact so I end up speeding it up anyway. Sometimes I use the first person view if I'm curious as to what specific moves might look like from that perspective.

dat bolded text for me

I usually use auto camera, but I do sometimes do first person (about 1/6 of the time). Like others have said, if it gets to the point where I know there's nothing to watch for and the enemy won't to shit, I'll speed through or skip. On the rare occasion, though, I do slow things down.This is usually to check out an outfit on a character fresh from class change/observe special outfits(bonds), savor the radness of a cool spell, or take a look at some weaponry I just equipped.

Oh, this definitely applies to me too. Though I can't say I actually slow the animation down, but I just activate the animation for that character. Or just to check out the look of that class on the character.

I just started my second playtrough and will continue to use automatic camera and normal or high speed, but if my units preparing a critical or skill I tend to use slowmotion for more awesomsauce!

The classic sideview and first person I rarely use, but im glad we have all these options. :)

I usually keep the camera on auto, but sometimes I play around with it if I'm bored...switching to the standard side view or first person, and/or zooming in or some such.

I always always speed it up, unless I skip it entirely (which I do if I'm short on time, like between classes or something).

Though for Lethality I go slow motion, cause I think it looks cool.

I just remembered something. Sometimes, when I'm on "pause" and zoom in, if I hold down the zoom button for 7-10 sec (I think that's how long) it zooms in even more. Has anyone else noticed this?