Alternate HM tier list

Chiki

Should FE10 Edward be top of top tier for saving 50 turns or so from Chapter 1-P?

That's one of the reasons I said RD needed a system like that, because you don't have your entire team at all times.

On the other hand in this game all ranking will do is hurt the leads availability gives certain characters.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible to play the game in a swastika formation, but why should we play like that?

Only contexts which are commonly used by others should be considered. If you can find examples of drafts wherein the Avatar isn't used, then I will grant your argument.

If you don't want to consider the possibility of Avatar not being used (and I'm sure there probably is a draft somewhere where Avatar is banned), then you still need to consider the possibility of other rules being placed on Avatar's use, such as banning reclassing Avatar out of Tactician or Grandmaster, or forcing removal of Avatar's Veteran skill, both of which you can see in drafts.

If it applies to one Fire Emblem game, then it applies to every single Fire Emblem game. All Fire Emblem games have the same idea, and I don't see why they're so different that they're two completely different game series. Both FE10 and FE13 have interesting and uninteresting chapters. FE13 has Prologue--why is that as interesting as Chapter 16?

Basically, if it applies to one FE game, it applies to this FE game, and it applies to this tier list as a result.

If you don't want to consider the possibility of Avatar not being used (and I'm sure there probably is a draft somewhere where Avatar is banned), then you still need to consider the possibility of other rules being placed on Avatar's use, such as banning reclassing Avatar out of Tactician or Grandmaster, or forcing removal of Avatar's Veteran skill, both of which you can see in drafts.

Okay, I can see that the Avatar is not getting a Second Seal in every context. Then Panne and Lon'qu can be higher: but where?

Edited by Olwen

If it applies to one Fire Emblem game, then it applies to every single Fire Emblem game. All Fire Emblem games have the same idea, and I don't see why they're so different that they're two completely different game series. Both FE10 and FE13 have interesting and uninteresting chapters. FE13 has Prologue--why is that as interesting as Chapter 16?

Basically, if it applies to one FE game, it applies to this FE game, and it applies to this tier list as a result.

Okay, I can see that the Avatar is not getting a Second Seal in every context. Then Panne and Lon'qu can be higher: but where?

Well, first we need to make a separate entry for Avatar (Avatar denied Seal) and Avatar (Avatar permitted Seal). Then we need to make separate entries for Panne (Avatar permitted Seal) and Panne (Avatar denied Seal), Lon'qu (Avatar permitted Seal) and Lon'qu (Avatar denied Seal). The latter, in both cases, would go above Sumia (no Galeforce) and Cordelia (no Galeforce), but below Sully and Stahl, while the former, in both cases, would probably go below Nowi.

I think it'd be better to debate and find the better Seal candidate between Lon'qu and Panne. This tier list assumes perfect play; the perfect tactician is going to give the Seal to one of them in every valid context.

Edited by Olwen

I think it'd be better to debate and find the better Seal candidate between Lon'qu and Panne. This tier list assumes perfect play; the perfect tactician is going to give the Seal to one of them in every valid context.

Panne is much better imo.

That said Lon'qu can dodge just about anything...

Panne's probably the better recipient, but there can exist contexts in which Panne has already been drafted by someone else, causing a player's optimal choice among the remaining characters to be Lon'qu.

Panne's probably the better recipient, but there can exist contexts in which Panne has already been drafted by someone else, causing a player's optimal choice among the remaining characters to be Lon'qu.

This is arguing for a draft. This is a LTC tier list that can be applied to drafts...

I'd rather avoid it if possible because if we lighten up too much on separating contexts for units one could make the argument that there should be an infinite number of units on the tier list.

But I think it's best to do it where significant.

Who else should I make separations for based on Second Seals?

I'd rather avoid it if possible because if we lighten up too much on separating contexts for units one could make the argument that there should be an infinite number of units on the tier list.

But I think it's best to do it where significant.

Who else should I make separations for based on Second Seals?

Not a good idea imo. Part of Tiering the characters is considering the cost of resources and if they deserve them, just separating them doesn't do a good job our weighing opportunity cost.

And soul: I believe he does. Edited by bearclaw13

Not a good idea imo. Part of Tiering the characters is considering the cost of resources and if they deserve them, just separating them doesn't do a good job our weighing opportunity cost.

And soul: I believe he does.

Yeah, but the issue is that people who draft Panne or Lon'qu can't do that.

Yeah, but the issue is that people who draft Panne or Lon'qu can't do that.

I thought this tier list was for absolute LTC with drafters able to use it as a guideline...

Edited by bearclaw13

I thought this tier list was for absolute LTC with drafters able to use it as a guideline...

We want this tier list to be as accurate a guideline for drafters as possible.

No this Morgan is a girl.

Oh... I've always preferred Manakete or normal Morgan... what does this have to do with anything btw?

We want this tier list to be as accurate a guideline for drafters as possible.

Yes, I agree that it would be nice to do that but the main point of this tier list is LTC. Drafts are a side goal. Unless I'm missing something...

Edited by bearclaw13

Oh... I've always preferred Manakete or normal Morgan... what does this have to do with anything btw?

The Avatar has to be a male to marry Panne. If I recall, the male Avatar gets a female Morgan.

The Avatar has to be a male to marry Panne. If I recall, the male Avatar gets a female Morgan.

Yeah, I was thinking Yarne...

First post of the thread: This tier list is intended for efficiency playthroughs and drafts.

I will be posting complexity ratings in an hour.

Okay... Efficiency and LTC are considered different...

Key Terms

G = Galeforce allowed; unlimited uses.

WG = Galeforce not allowed at all.

FR = Rescue allowed to be used an unlimited number of times.

SS = If you are using this character in a draft (assuming the next best alternative is not available), and you cannot give your Avatar the Second Seal.

Deity Tier

Female Avatar G

Turnshaver Tier

Sumia G

Cordelia G

Male Avatar

Female Avatar WG

Olivia FR

Frederick

Anna FR

Libra FR

Top Tier