Out of curiosity, what kind of weapons do you forge?

Hi there!

As the topic says, I'm being nosy and wondering what kind of weapons people like to forge. Do you forge stronger attack power versions of slim/iron weapons for weaker characters? Save the gold for forging silvger weapons later on? Love adding critical hit rates to weapons?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a 'wrong' way to do this. I am debating what I should do this game, if I should try something different, etc, and it made me wonder how others tackled forging.

Bonus Points: What are some of your favorite names for weapons?

For myself, I tend to forge a 'training' weapon or two early on (Mia usually gets a sword, for example). But I usually try to plan on forging at least one 'ultimate' weapon for my main team, with max attack and hit rate. (Sometimes two, like a Hand axe and a Silver axe for Boyd). I usually skip on improving the critical rate as it costs too much for too little improvement, in my opinion.

For my own names, I am all over the place. Some are silly (A gold colored axe named Golden Axe, or a bow named Rain Bow). Some are named after famous weapons (Longinus, Masamune, Nihongo, Tonbogiri) while other are simple (a sword for Mia named...Mia's sword). What kind of names do you come up with?

Hopefully all my topics aren't making people sick of me lol. I like the chance to talk to other fans, hear other opinions, and well, hear from people. Fun, right? :)

I never really used forges that much. I did however give Oscar a bow that he could take out promoted fliers. I also gave Makalov a "Makalin" so he didn't keep whiffing when he tried to hit stuff.

I've had Boyd solo the right side of the fort chapter with a forged hand axe. I usually forge javelins and hand axes, but I'll forge a sword if I was using someone with a rocky start, like Mia.

For my transfers run, I forged nothing but iron weapons with their might as low as they would go that I used for boss abusing.

I replaced the word "Iron" with "Butter".

Oh and I made a specific Steel axe with enough Mt fot Titania to do 1 damage to Ena. I named that, "Fuck U Ena".

• 1 year later...

I usually forge thunder tomes or swords. I've been known to turn the swords red, but otherwise, nothing really unique about them. I dislike throwing weapons in general so I only rarely forge them. Guess I'm old-fashioned like that and prefer my melee units to actually fight in melee combat.