Most hated character

Chiki

Doesn't that conversation occur whether Chrom is married or not? Also, I'm not making up crap. You are.

That conversation can only be viewed if Cordelia is single. So she wouldn't be "cheating" as you claim.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that conversation occur whether Chrom is married or not? Also, I'm not making up crap. You are.

That conversation can only be viewed if Cordelia is single. So she wouldn't be "cheating" as you claim.

She's still going for a married man. The same conversation occurs regardless of Chrom being married or not.

Am I making this up?

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Paralogue_10:_Ambivalence_(Script)

Severa

Chrom, Chrom, Chrom! It's ALWAYS Chrom with you!

She's married with children, and all she can think about is Chrom.

She's still going for a married man. The same conversation occurs regardless of Chrom being married or not.

Am I making this up?

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Paralogue_10:_Ambivalence_(Script)

She's married with children, and all she can think about is Chrom.

But she's single, meaning she is not cheating.

Also, that's according to Severa, as I said. Nothing says she couldn't have misinterpreted the situation. Or that Cordelia from the present will turn out the same way.

Like I said, Cordelia has a right to care about Chrom if she wants. Look at Frederick. He cares about him a lot too, but he still loves his wife! I don't see anyone hating Frederick for this. Just making harmless gay jokes about him.

Edited by Anacybele

1. Chrom is always married, even if he doesn't marry one of the playable characters he is made to marry a random village girl in the game.

2. The point Olwen is trying to make is that she can flirt with a married man that has a child with his wife. That is low, extremely low.

Also, how is someone pointing out what knowledge is presented to us in canon making up crap?

If you're going to call Severa deluded, provide soild proof and not just your assumption.

Lol, really? There's a clear difference between Fred's love for Chrom and Cordelia's love for him, in that one is romantic and one is not.

1. Chrom is always married, even if he doesn't marry one of the playable characters he is made to marry a random village girl in the game.

2. The point Olwen is trying to make is that she can flirt with a married man that has a child with his wife. That is low, extremely low.

Also, how is someone pointing out what knowledge is presented to us in canon making up crap?

If you're going to call Severa deluded, provide soild proof and not just your assumption.

Chrom isn't married before chapter 12 and you can do DLC upon completing chapter 4. So he isn't ALWAYS married when you do that DLC. But I will admit that it is odd that the conversation can still occur if Chrom IS married.

And why don't you give me proof that Severa ISN'T making a mistake? All you've shown me is a line from Severa and a conversation from DLC. Neither prove that Cordelia cheats on her husband.

EDIT: Cordelia gets over her love for Chrom upon getting married. Why some of her lines don't change then, I don't know, but I don't hold that against her. I just say that's IS being lazy.

Edited by Anacybele

And why don't you give me proof that Severa ISN'T making a mistake? All you've shown me is a line from Severa and a conversation from DLC. Neither prove that Cordelia cheats on her husband.

If Serena/Severa knows all about her "Chrom" obsession, that's a clear sign that something is wrong.

Cordelia doesn't "cheat" on her husband as Olwen is claiming, but it's undeniable that she continues to be obsessed with him even after marriage, and that is a valid complaint about her.

If Serena/Severa knows all about her "Chrom" obsession, that's a clear sign that something is wrong.

It seems like the only person connected to Cordelia that DOESN'T know is Chrom himself. Only two of her romance options don't call her out on her, and only one doesn't revolve around it - and that's Kellam's.

I don't hate Cordelia, but I feel that her particular gimmick was shoved down our throat far, far too much.

It could be done worse, but being physically and socially awkward in real life is heavier subject matter than it's usually presented as in fire emblem. Awkwardness being played for cuteness appeal can come off as kind of patronizing, because real awkwardness (speaking as a socially and physically awkward person) doesn't really look cute, it tends to just look like being an asshole, unsociable, or stupid. Real awkwardness isn't often very endearing on the surface.

Hey, what about Soren?

I don't literally claim that Cordelia cheated on her husband by having feelings for Chrom. The definition of cheating is to have something physical going on. I meant emotionally betraying.

Cordelia doesn't "cheat" on her husband as Olwen is claiming, but it's undeniable that she continues to be obsessed with him even after marriage, and that is a valid complaint about her.

So does Frederick. Chrom is brought up in several of his supports and he goes out of his way to do all sorts of crazy stuff for him. He wants Chrom to toss coins in a fountain that's for married people for gods' sake! But nobody's hating on him or claiming that he cares more for Chrom than his wife. And that's probably because Frederick's obsession is not thought to be romantic (despite the gay jokes I've seen).

Cordelia may still be "obsessed" with Chrom after she's married, but don't you think it might have become more similar to Frederick's obsession by then? Why would she even bang her own husband and get pregnant if she didn't really love him more than Chrom?

Edited by Anacybele

Severa's entire introduction is about her being mad at her mother for her Chrom obsession. If that isn't blatant proof that Cordelia lusts after Chrom even after marrying and having a child, I don't know what is.

Olwen said emotiionally cheating, not physically cheating.

Emotional cheating is lusting for/being in love with someone else while you're with someone.

So does Frederick. Chrom is brought up in several of his supports and he goes out of his way to do all sorts of crazy stuff for him. He wants Chrom to toss coins in a fountain that's for married people for gods' sake! But nobody's hating on him or claiming that he cares more for Chrom than his wife. And that's probably because Frederick's obsession is not thought to be romantic (despite the gay jokes I've seen).

Cordelia may still be "obsessed" with Chrom after she's married, but don't you think it might have become more similar to Frederick's obsession by then? Why would she even bang her own husband and get pregnant if she didn't really love him more than Chrom?

Frederick doesn't faint upon being touched by Chrom.

Frederick doesn't faint upon being touched by Chrom.

So? Frederick isn't EXACTLY like Cordelia. But he cries happily at the thought of him and Chrom having a bond like that of Victor and Vincent in the festival DLC!

Hey, what about Soren?

He's a better example! A bit lighter on "oh god I probably come off like an asshole/everybody probably hates me for the things I've said" than I'd expect out of a genuinely awkward person, so he's leaning a bit more towards simply "socially maladjusted" as a result of branded isolation, but he's definitely closer to what a socially awkward person looks like, if maybe not as much "physically awkward." But then we don't get to see much of his expressions or body language, so I guess that's open to interpretation.

So? Frederick isn't EXACTLY like Cordelia. But he cries happily at the thought of him and Chrom having a bond like that of Victor and Vincent in the festival DLC!

I haven't played the DLC, so I won't comment.

Even if you are right, which you are not, then I would look down on Frederick the same way I look down on Cordelia. This does nothing for your argument.

I haven't played the DLC, so I won't comment.

Even if you are right, which you are not, then I would look down on Frederick the same way I look down on Cordelia. This does nothing for your argument.

If you haven't played the DLC, how do you know if I'm wrong or not (which I'm not wrong, btw)? And I don't care what you think, I will not believe Cordelia deserves hate simply because she cares for a man she once had love for.

Edited by Anacybele

If you haven't played the DLC, how do you know if I'm wrong or not (which I'm not wrong, btw)? And I don't care what you think, I will not believe Cordelia deserves hate for such a reason.

I don't care if you are wrong or not. All I am claiming is that it doesn't matter if Frederick is obsessed over Chrom in the same way that Cordelia is. All that means is that I will look down on Frederick as well.

Edited by Olwen

How can the knight that is trusted to look after Chrom and Lissa be compared to a lusting fangirl for doing his job?

I will not believe Cordelia deserves hate simply because she cares for a man she once had love for.

She doesn't deserve the hate, but the fact that Serena/Severa calls her out on it... and the fact that SHE'S TIAMO/CORDELIA'S KID kind of says something that her obsession was still there even beyond the time when she married someone else and had a kid.

It's something people TEND to look down upon.

Cordelia
Look, there's no time for this. If you're a friend, speak now. If not, then stay out of Chrom's way or I'll have to cut you down.

Severa
Chrom, Chrom, Chrom! It's ALWAYS Chrom with you!

Cordelia
...I'm sorry?

Severa
You should be! And I don't care about your stupid Chrom, so you can just drop it! ...I only want to talk to Holland.

[...]

Severa
...Then why'd you leave me? You said you had to go off to fight for what really mattered, and you never came back! You picked Chrom over me!

Cordelia
You have me at a disadvantage, Severa. I can't answer for my future self. But when I said I was fighting for what mattered, I probably meant you. I'd want nothing more than to build a world where you could grow up happy and strong. At least, that's what I want right now.

None of this implies any lingering romantic feelings for Chrom; because Chrom is the leader of the Shepherds, and because Cordelia "leaves" Severa to fight with the Chrom and the Shepherds, it is not surprising that Cordelia would display a sense of duty to Chrom.

The only line which I feel can be seen as emotional infidelity is Cordelia's six-stat-up line, but that could simply be negligence on the developers' part; it is possible they just didn't bother to write a separate line for S-supported Cordelia.

Edited by Redwall

How can the knight that is trusted to look after Chrom and Lissa be compared to a lusting fangirl for doing his job?

Frederick is doing more than just his job by obsessing over Chrom, if you ask me. xP

But his obsession is one of the reasons I love him. I find it hilarious. lol

Redwall: Yes, thank you!

Edited by Anacybele