So... Need a little help on Paralogue 10

Inigo's paralogue is hard even on normal mode? Oh boy. I can do his right now since I married Olivia to Chrom, but I'm waiting until I grind Olivia enough to where she has a good skill to pass to him (gonna be Astra). Don't have to worry about Chrom obviously, since he automatically passes Rightful King to him. Glad I'll have a more powerful team by the time I'm ready to go collect Inigo.

I guess since I already completed Severa's paralogue, this thread can be used to talk about the paralogues in general.

Well it might not be THAT hard, but in a game where ranged armaments aside from bows and magic are wimpy aside from the rare stuff...

I had a feeling someone was going to tell me to pass Galeforce. Personally, I find it overrated. Do you really NEED such a skill half the time? Frankly, I think I'd be getting use out of Astra way more. Plus, I want Olivia's final class to be Swordmaster. Though, I could also make her go Assassin and have her pass Lethality, which rocks. Didn't think of that until just now.

Well, as you do have Rightful King, Lethality MIGHT not be a total waste of a skill slot, but I'd rather use the skill slot for something else.

Inigo's paralogue is hard even on normal mode? Oh boy. I can do his right now since I married Olivia to Chrom, but I'm waiting until I grind Olivia enough to where she has a good skill to pass to him (gonna be Astra). Don't have to worry about Chrom obviously, since he automatically passes Rightful King to him. Glad I'll have a more powerful team by the time I'm ready to go collect Inigo.

I guess since I already completed Severa's paralogue, this thread can be used to talk about the paralogues in general.

Well... possibly... I actually didn't have any difficulties on my male run, BUT I also promoted all the units I'm gonna use by that time and everything was plain easy. (And I think playing Hard has made Normal mode look pathetic in terms of difficulty.) But I think you'll be fine for his chapter if...you'll be careful of all the flies outside the little tight ...cavern? thing.

hmm?

no, it's not really that bad (come on though clearly Galeforce is the best skill to pass)

It posed some difficulty when I first tried it on Normal. But, Galeforce isn't necessary at all on Normal... even for FoD maps, I think... though it's definitely useful to pass down.

And don't get me started on those forges on harder difficulties! Oh gods. I might be able to handle Brady's on Hard now, but I'm actually working on MirielxRicken right now.

Yarne... I don't think I wanna try fighting both teams on Hard. BUT! I just might! .... I don't know. I haven't even gotten the chapter unlocked (GregorxPanne most likely).

Edited by Cordelia

Well it might not be THAT hard, but in a game where ranged armaments aside from bows and magic are wimpy aside from the rare stuff...

Well, as you do have Rightful King, Lethality MIGHT not be a total waste of a skill slot, but I'd rather use the skill slot for something else.

Ah, I see. And Astra it is then. I do so love Lethality though. It's just awesome! Glad I let Gaius learn it. :D Brady is interesting with that skill lol.

Edited by Anacybele

Thing is, the only way Inigo can get Galeforce is if he inherits it from Olivia. He can get Astra the normal way just fine.

But I don't plan to make him a Swordmaster. I'm making him a Bow Knight. And as I said, I'd have more use for Astra than Galeforce.

Well... possibly... I actually didn't have any difficulties on my male run, BUT I also promoted all the units I'm gonna use by that time and everything was plain easy. (And I think playing Hard has made Normal mode look pathetic in terms of difficulty.) But I think you'll be fine for his chapter if...you'll be careful of all the flies outside the little tight ...cavern? thing.

It posed some difficulty when I first tried it on Normal. But, Galeforce isn't necessary at all on Normal... even for FoD maps, I think... though it's definitely useful to pass down.

And don't get me started on those forges on harder difficulties! Oh gods. I might be able to handle Brady's on Hard now, but I'm actually working on MirielxRicken right now.

Yarne... I don't think I wanna try fighting both teams on Hard. BUT! I just might! .... I don't know. I haven't even gotten the chapter unlocked (GregorxPanne most likely).

As far as Galeforce goes, I didn't bother passing it down because for one, it would've been too much grinding, and second, I was confused as to whether Lissa, Maribelle, and Olivia (particularly Maribelle) would be best off reclassing to pegasus knight first, then going to dark flier from there or promoting to some other class, then going Dark Flier once they hit level 10 in their promoted class...

As for Yarne... I'd expect it to be very hard to fight both teams, but hey, two stat boosters is just too tempting to ignore.

Ah, I see. And Astra it is then. I do so love Lethality though. It's just awesome! Glad I let Gaius learn it. :D Brady is interesting with that skill lol.

Hmmm... I don't like the thought of having to get 40 Skill just to have a double digit activation rate.

Well, if Lethality had too high of an activation rate, it would be a totally broken skill. lol

True, but still, I'd rather use something more reliable than an instant kill that you'll likely never see kick in, let alone in a situation where it'd actually be useful.

Gaius used it once so far for me...lol. But you're right, it doesn't trigger much if at all. I still think it's an awesome skill though!

As far as Galeforce goes, I didn't bother passing it down because for one, it would've been too much grinding, and second, I was confused as to whether Lissa, Maribelle, and Olivia (particularly Maribelle) would be best off reclassing to pegasus knight first, then going to dark flier from there or promoting to some other class, then going Dark Flier once they hit level 10 in their promoted class...

As for Yarne... I'd expect it to be very hard to fight both teams, but hey, two stat boosters is just too tempting to ignore.

It probably is too much to grind for on Normal. It's really not necessary on Normal unless you really plan on grinding and only playing on that file. Personally, I did it anyway on Hard because it was gonna be my secondary main file and I wanted to pass down the better female-only skill to their sons. For Olivia, that was simple: since I messed up with triggering the gang around Gangrel in her recruitment chapter, I grinded her to level 30 in chapter 13 and then reclassed her to Dark Flier. Maribelle was the worst. Maybe the RNG just hated me, but yeah. Also because I don't have any plans of making a Lunatic file as a main ever.

Wait, permanent stat boosters items are given if you beat both teams?! lolol, yes, I forgot...but I honestly can't imagine doing it on Hard... but... we'll see... those enemy reforges... even if it's better than like, Lunatic and above.

As for Lethality... it's a fun skill when it activates. I have no qualms about it but I don't really have anyone pass it down, considering it's a promoted skill anyway...

It probably is too much to grind for on Normal. It's really not necessary on Normal unless you really plan on grinding and only playing on that file. Personally, I did it anyway on Hard because it was gonna be my secondary main file and I wanted to pass down the better female-only skill to their sons. For Olivia, that was simple: since I messed up with triggering the gang around Gangrel in her recruitment chapter, I grinded her to level 30 in chapter 13 and then reclassed her to Dark Flier. Maribelle was the worst. Maybe the RNG just hated me, but yeah. Also because I don't have any plans of making a Lunatic file as a main ever.

Wait, permanent stat boosters items are given if you beat both teams?! lolol, yes, I forgot...but I honestly can't imagine doing it on Hard... but... we'll see... those enemy reforges... even if it's better than like, Lunatic and above.

As for Lethality... it's a fun skill when it activates. I have no qualms about it but I don't really have anyone pass it down, considering it's a promoted skill anyway...

Getting Olivia to 30 on dancing alone... I don't know what to say.

The stat boosters are in two of the villages.

Galeforce is more or less unnecessary for the main story but is a huge deal on some of the DLC maps, especially ones like Death's Embrace where you need a strong player phase presence so you don't get wiped out by 1 HP enemies with Vengeance and/or Counter, or to catch up and slay the Mire sorcerers, or kill something and then retreating somewhere safe. Brady, Owain, and Inigo only have one shot at learning Galeforce and personally I think it's worth it, just for that to be an option. But if you aren't going to play the harder DLC maps, then you might as well pass on whatever you want. I just like the tactical flexibility and extreme movement capability you get out of Galeforce.

Getting Olivia to 30 on dancing alone... I don't know what to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54SWZCWH_A

You were saying?

Turn237.png

237 turns.

Anyways, you're playing on Normal. There is no NEED for you to pass Galeforce to Azure/Inigo. It's a bit of a grind and it looks like you're not planning on doing so. It might help on Future of Despair/Future Past, but you'll make do somehow.

Though yelling out SHIPPUJINRAI (Galeforce in Japanese), "WITH SWIFTNESS OF THE WIND AND THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING" when talking about the males in the 2nd gen is always fun for me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54SWZCWH_A

You were saying?

Turn237.png

237 turns.

Anyways, you're playing on Normal. There is no NEED for you to pass Galeforce to Azure/Inigo. It's a bit of a grind and it looks like you're not planning on doing so. It might help on Future of Despair/Future Past, but you'll make do somehow.

Though yelling out SHIPPUJINRAI (Galeforce in Japanese), "WITH SWIFTNESS OF THE WIND AND THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING" when talking about the males in the 2nd gen is always fun for me.

What!? 237?! That's how long it'd take to max Olivia's level out on dancing alone!? (Unless you didn't dance on some of those turns...)

Well, I don't plan to do any of those DLC, at least not anytime soon. But would Galeforce be really beneficial on Ike's DLC map? I hear it's pretty tough.

You were saying?

237 turns.

Pretty much what I did on my male run...... yeah, that turncount sounds pretty much normal to me. That was so painful...... and she didn't even unlock C Support with the male Avatar!

Were you able to get C lol? I'd assume not... but... maybe I also didn't have enough paired-up battles with her.

What!? 237?! That's how long it'd take to max Olivia's level out on dancing alone!? (Unless you didn't dance on some of those turns...)

I would figure so. It might include the turns taken to beat the other enemies in the way?

@Ana: For Ike's map on Normal... it wasn't that bad, I think, though I did grind a lot on my run. Also, I...kind of didn't do it with a full party. I went Avatar (F)/Chrom, Lucina/Owain? or some dude paired, and Morgan/Severa (married)... Avatar was a Sorcerer with Avera's Night, Lucina as a Bride, and Morgan as Dread Fighter. But honestly, if your people are strong (or maxed stats), Ike's map is pretty easy. But again, I did grind a lot on my Normal file before I actually tried the map too...considering I had maxed stats by then and I was doing a billion runs of LB3.

Edited by Cordelia

I again, haven't tried it on Normal, but I remembered I took a peek at it.

They still have their breaker skills and such.

...Though it's a post game DLC map, so it's kind of expected.

I again, haven't tried it on Normal, but I remembered I took a peek at it.

They still have their breaker skills and such.

...Though it's a post game DLC map, so it's kind of expected.

I recorded all the stats for the RaR set, it's really not that bad on normal (just don't suicide on Linus by accident)