Does Discipline REALLY don't work with staves?

Well, I asked this a bit ago in the '"I just want to know one thing! - FE13 Edition!" topic, but I think that the person that answered my question wasn't correct

Anyway, I've tested this and:

My Avatar, Lvl 7 Priest, has a Staff Rank of C and a half with Discipline

Lissa, Lvl 15 Cleric, has a Staff Rank of B

So, I think it actually works

Anyone that can comment anything related to this or help, feel free to post

Edited by Avatar

Suddenly, Ricken's Cavalier/Mage class set makes sense! It's to help him earn staff rank as a Sage!

Or maybe not.

I always thought he took those classes because they're similar to Chrom's, and he does deeply respect and look up to him.

But excellent. Stave rank takes the longest to learn for me.

That's not a valid comparison without controlling to make sure the character with Discipline used staffs the same number of times as the character without it. If you reclassed your Avatar multiple times to learn Discipline as a Cavalier then to Priest, he'll have a high internal level and therefore have a much slower Exp gain than a Lissa who hasn't reclassed at all, so he'll end up at a much lower level with the same number of staff uses.

I simply max out staff rank via RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE RESCUE.

I guess discipline would work for that if it does indeed work for staves... but I don't think reclassing Richt/Ricken to a Cavalier is worth the time. The time it takes for you to go through one EXPonential Growth round is the same time it takes to gain a staff level.

That's not a valid comparison without controlling to make sure the character with Discipline used staffs the same number of times as the character without it. If you reclassed your Avatar multiple times to learn Discipline as a Cavalier then to Priest, he'll have a high internal level and therefore have a much slower Exp gain than a Lissa who hasn't reclassed at all, so he'll end up at a much lower level with the same number of staff uses.

Internal level decays weapon level EXP?

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Internal level decays weapon level EXP?

No, it decays actual Exp while leaving WExp the same.

I'm not sure where OP is getting this bogus idea that he's proven anything, but the only guess I can make is that he's saying that he trained Lissa and Avatar in staff classes and Avatar, with Discipline, reached a similar staff rank at half the level. Which doesn't work at all because Avatar would be at a much lower level with the same number of staff uses because of the lower Exp gain.

No, it decays actual Exp while leaving WExp the same.

I'm not sure where OP is getting this bogus idea that he's proven anything, but the only guess I can make is that he's saying that he trained Lissa and Avatar in staff classes and Avatar, with Discipline, reached a similar staff rank at half the level. Which doesn't work at all because Avatar would be at a much lower level with the same number of staff uses because of the lower Exp gain.

I saw what you meant after posting.

So, say... a valid comparison would be actually comparing how many heal staves they went through, etc?

It really doesn't take that many Rescue staves to reach B rank, at which point the most efficient thing to do is probably slap on an Arms Scroll.

Discipline does seem to help get to that point though.

It really doesn't take that many Rescue staves to reach B rank, at which point the most efficient thing to do is probably slap on an Arms Scroll.

Discipline does seem to help get to that point though.

Ah. Well, I don't Rescue THAT much, and with Physics and Mending my Avatar is still had C rank on staves. I've been using the arms scrolls for my other units since Silvia's A rank in her other two weapons and that seems a bit wasteful.

I saw what you meant after posting.

So, say... a valid comparison would be actually comparing how many heal staves they went through, etc?

I would think so, because I don't think the first post really proves anything.

Like, how do we know what was done to achieve each rank and what each character has been doing.

Though by priest, I assume the OP means Cleric? Since Priests are for Males and Lissa was clearly stated to being a 'Priest'.

Well I had an E Rank Staff after reclassing to Priest

And I went through this before reclassing into Priest:

Tactician > Grandmaster > Hero > Mercenary > Cavalier > Dark Mage > Mage > Knight > Fighter > Barbarian > Wyvern rider > Myrmidon > Thief > Archer > Priest

Lissa hasn't reclassed yet to any class

And I've used less staves than Lissa

Well I had an E Rank Staff after reclassing to Priest

And I went through this before reclassing into Priest:

Tactician > Grandmaster > Hero > Mercenary > Cavalier > Dark Mage > Mage > Knight > Fighter > Barbarian > Wyvern rider > Myrmidon > Thief > Archer > Priest

Lissa hasn't reclassed yet to any class

And I've used less staves than Lissa

So what you're saying is Avatar has an absurd amount of internal level (maxed) which means he's earning about half the EXP Lissa would be. And at about half her level (so a little less staff usage) he has a little less staff EXP.

I think you just proved it doesn't work, good job.

Guys it would take like 5 mins to test it.

Have a character with discipline reclass to a staff using class. Use however many rescues it takes to raise staff rank. Reset. Do it again with discipline taken off.

Guys it would take like 5 mins to test it.

Have a character with discipline reclass to a staff using class. Use however many rescues it takes to raise staff rank. Reset. Do it again with discipline taken off.

Yeah, I was actually going to, but was mid map when I saw the post. Tested now, and it looks like it DOES work, which actually serves as a good example of why you shouldn't work off partial information, as the TC did.

• 2 weeks later...

Weapons are easy to level in Summer DLC and tanking with 1-2 range weapons in LB3.

Starves however need to manually leveled.

That is why armscroll is much better use to level up starves than leveling all 3 weapons of paladin/dread fighter/bride.

I still won't specifically re-class for discipline to have 'easier' time leveling starves though.

Though by priest, I assume the OP means Cleric? Since Priests are for Males and Lissa was clearly stated to being a 'Priest'.

Just like Lissa is the only one in the Ylissian family to not have a Ylissian marking. Emmeryn has it on her forehead, Chrom has it on his right arm and Lucina has it in her right eye.

Just like Lissa is the only one in the Ylissian family to not have a Ylissian marking. Emmeryn has it on her forehead, Chrom has it on his right arm and Lucina has it in her right eye.

Lissa was actually a boy when he married Libra who was a woman.

*Just kidding. Even Brady has marking. Maybe Lissa do, just not in *wink very visible place. A place where she can't even see by herself.