Just a quick question about Despoil...

Scarlet

Here's something I've been wondering for a while... Does Despoil not work during Enemy Phase, or have I just had ridiculously bad luck so far? I have multiple units with Despoil on them, each with around 40 to 50 luck, and I haven't seen any of them ever activate it during Enemy Phase, although I've gotten plenty of procs during Player Phase.

The skill list on the main site doesn't say anything about it, so I was hoping someone could confirm or deny my suspicions.

Here's something I've been wondering for a while... Does Despoil not work during Enemy Phase, or have I just had ridiculously bad luck so far? I have multiple units with Despoil on them, each with around 40 to 50 luck, and I haven't seen any of them ever activate it during Enemy Phase, although I've gotten plenty of procs during Player Phase.

The skill list on the main site doesn't say anything about it, so I was hoping someone could confirm or deny my suspicions.

It only works during player phase.

that's totally not true, I've racked in the gold from procing despoil on the enemy phase.

Pics/video please?

Because Leif's blade with 52 + 9 luck doesn't give me CRAP on the enemy phase. While it gives me one on the player phase a majority of the time.

Out of 10 battles during the enemy phase, not a SINGLE one has given me a bullion.

While during the player phase, 7/9 have given me gold.

Edit:

Also, I am a jerk.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you trigger Despoil, the Despoil icon flashes above your character in a similar fashion to Galeforce.

It even does this when you use auto-battles to skip turns, so you'll always know if a Bullion drop was from Despoil or an enemy.

I wish despoil DID activate on enemy phase. D8; That's where like 90% of combat takes place, it makes no sense for it NOT to activate on enemy phase.

I wish despoil DID activate on enemy phase. D8; That's where like 90% of combat takes place, it makes no sense for it NOT to activate on enemy phase.

same thing with life taker

Well, Lifetaker I understand, but Despoil is so useless to me now. D8 I thought I'd love it, but meh. I guess I have Golden Gaffe, but sometimes I'm too lazy to do that.

Well, Lifetaker I understand, but Despoil is so useless to me now. D8 I thought I'd love it, but meh. I guess I have Golden Gaffe, but sometimes I'm too lazy to do that.

I know. I'm like, "Hmm. I have under 30000 gold... and considering how my real-life frugality does NOT extend here, I should PROBABLY go get some more money. I have Golden Gaffe so... let's... nope, not the mood, let's kill Aversa instead." (I was on chapter 25 during this exchange.)

I grind a LOT, mostly for supports but for the experience too - so I had a ton of gold raked up. And most of the people who can get Despoil have such low luck growths it's not worth giving it to them. The sole exception seems to be Donny.

If it acted on enemy phase I'd actually go insane. I hate it when I skip turns and get interrupted like 5 times because "you have too many items in your inventory". If that happened WITH despoil I'd probably just ragequit the game, haha.

That's weird... I haven't used Despoil lately, but I do remember that when I had it in my first playthrough I would constantly have my avatar's inventory being cleared during the enemy phase with despoil going off-- then again, it's possible it was player phase and I just haven't used it in so long.

edit: btw shadowofchaos, you're fine. if the worst thing that comes of this is that you make a short clip of your own experience contradicting what I said, it's hardly the worst thing that's happened to me. xD

Edited by Raine