Do you want Roy to return?

Ruarik

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Roy Return

• Yes!
    • No.

I don't. There are many other fire emblem characters who would make better use of the spot. But I want to know what everyone here thinks.

Should Roy return in SSB4 or should he not?

I don't. There are many other fire emblem characters who would make better use of the spot. But I want to know what everyone here thinks.

Should Roy return in SSB4 or should he not?

If they revamped him to be different then marth. Maybe focus more on his fire based sword swings and have them be wider ect [Maybe a fire projectial even]. I'd love to see him return, granted I have personal bias on this one considering I mained him alongside Mario in Melee

Edited by Jedi

If you guys played the series, Ike has fire attacks and we should know he's like a copy to Roy. But if you look at Ike's affinity from his game, it's earth and it's a total contradiction between the games.

If you guys played the series, Ike has fire attacks and we should know he's like a copy to Roy. But if you look at Ike's affinity from his game, it's earth and it's a total contradiction between the games.

You seem to forget the end of Radiant Dawn where he was surounded by flames for the final strike. [Granted this is kind of out there]

Ike wasn't really like Roy other then that one move and counter though. So -shrugs-

I wouldn't mind seeing Roy return. Perhaps they could give him a more rapier based fighting style and give him his sword of seals for his final smash. I know nearly all lords use the rapier, but it would do more to set him apart from Marth.

You seem to forget the end of Radiant Dawn where he was surounded by flames for the final strike. [Granted this is kind of out there]

Ike wasn't really like Roy other then that one move and counter though. So -shrugs-

That's blue flames.

Ragnell's not a sword, it's more like a hammer.

Roy sucks though. Casual gamers still don't know who he is outside of SSBM. I guess the same can be said of Marth though

Even so, I'm pretty sure his one fire based move is called "eruption"? I think. What erupts? Volcanoes. What is a volcano? A land form. Land form=Earth. So by association it still kind of works?

But no, I wouldn't want Roy to come back. I actually never played Melee though, so -shrug-. But then again I also haven't played FE6 so maybe I just don't see the fascination with Roy. I definitely want Ike to stay in, Chrom will probably be in because Lord of the new FE game? Honestly they could take out Marth and I wouldn't really care.

I would like to see Lyn/Hector/Ephraim in the game though.

Lyn for female FE character.

Ephraim for lance fighter.

Hector for ax fighter.

Even so, I'm pretty sure his one fire based move is called "eruption"? I think. What erupts? Volcanoes. What is a volcano? A land form. Land form=Earth. So by association it still kind of works?

But no, I wouldn't want Roy to come back. I actually never played Melee though, so -shrug-. But then again I also haven't played FE6 so maybe I just don't see the fascination with Roy. I definitely want Ike to stay in, Chrom will probably be in because Lord of the new FE game? Honestly they could take out Marth and I wouldn't really care.

I would like to see Lyn/Hector/Ephraim in the game though.

Lyn for female FE character.

Ephraim for lance fighter.

Hector for ax fighter.

What about having a magic fighter? Tomes are a pretty big part of the game.

What about having a magic fighter? Tomes are a pretty big part of the game.

Ah true, but to date I don't think we've had a Mage Lord in the games? At least, no current ones. (Not sure if the old games had one, but I don't think so).

Best we have is Micaiah. But pfft. She wasn't even a main character. Sothe was more important than her. Just kidding but Micaiah definitely isn't as cool as Ike.

No, he's a one time lord and he's no longer relevant or current, enough said. The only FE characters that have any real reason to be in Super Smash Bros. 4 are Marth, Ike (if they dropped him, that's understandable though since he isn't current anymore), Chrom, and maybe Anna (for literally being the most recurring character).

Plus, his voice and his rabid fans that obsess over his fire are annoying.

Sure, I'd rather have Roy than not have Roy.

Maybe have his moveset more resemble his animations from FE6 (or better yet, FE7...heh heh). Light Sword!Roy is pretty much canon, so maybe throw some of that in there for good measure.

Edited by Refa

Personally, even back when I played melee, the only thing that made ten-or-less year old me play as Roy over Marth was because he exploded and I used to think he screamed "toenails!" Now, I would prefer to see Chrom (or eirika if we're playing a game of wishful thinking) as the Fe characters represented in smash bros. this time around. Maybe, I don't know, add a mask onto marth and replace Ike with Chrom, maybe then i'll finally be able to beat my little brother at this game!

If they varied his moveset a bit and incorporated his fire-based attack scheme to differentiate from Chrom and Marth, I'd LOVE to have Roy back. Granted, we'd have another swordsman... but I'm sure they could think of a way to spice him up. Like in the DLC for Awakening he has Sol... I wonder if they could use that in some way?

But I actually like Roy and I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't mind him being a skin for Marth, but I don't think he's quite unique enough to warrant taking a roster spot, even with some subtle changes a la Falco/Wolf/Ganondorf. At this point, I would rather have any new FE spots filled with people who don't use swords. Like Micaiah, FeMU, Tharja, Hector, or Ephraim.