3 (old) images from Nintendo Dream June 2013

The issue's been out for a while (i.e a month), but if anyone's interested and doesn't already know, the June 2013 issue of Nintendo Dream includes all 11 chapters of the official Fire Emblem: Awakening comic (plus some extras) in one booklet and an interview with the development team.

If you want to check out the comic, Remnant Sage kindly scanned the chapters when they first appeared and you can find all the pages at her album.

For reference, I'm planning on translating the comic with help from shadowofchaos and I'm hoping to get the project moving within a month. Actually, work on the comic started several months ago, but everybody was too busy to continue.

The booklet also comes with a commemorative cover, which you can find here and includes some extras, like design sketches and comments.

You may have seen the image of younger Emmeryn, Chrom and Lissa in this topic--that image is from the booklet and I have a scan of it here.

Finally, the reason I bought the issue (besides owning the official comic) was to grab this image of the Series 2 DLC promotional artwork, featuring Lucina in a bikini. This image appears in the staff interview, when they're discussing the DLC, and doesn't appear anywhere else (as far as I know).

On a related note, the staff actually reference the censoring of Tharja's CG in Summer Scramble; apparently it was edited to comply with ratings. The June issue came out on April 20, while Summer Scramble was released on 2nd May, so it's amusing to know some Japanese fans knew about the censored CG before us : P

Edited by VincentASM
Trying to be as vague as I can, in case people misinterpret.

I'm not sure, but there might have been plans for maid costumes at one point, but the idea was scrapped along with Lucina donning a bikini. That's the impression I got from the interview.

Also, something minor I forgot to mention before: Rika Suzuki, who designed DLC Seliph and illustrated the FE8 novel is the artist for BS Fire Emblem. I think they were among 6 artists who were invited at the beginning (along with Senri Kita, etc, i.e people with previous FE history).

Edited by VincentASM

Oh oh! Niceeee!

And nice...beach picture... of the girls in maid or bikini outfit while the rest of the kids are holding their weapons against monsters.... Ironic kinda.

Oh oh! Niceeee!

And nice...beach picture... of the girls in maid or bikini outfit while the rest of the kids are holding their weapons against monsters.... Ironic kinda.

It's just Lucy (as a Second gen there, Liss and Mari are both first!)

Also note Nah (and Yarne) crying her (and his) eyes out in the back.

And I don't think that Treeeye Skill helps Grima very much.

Edited by Airship Canon

For reference, I'm planning on translating the comic with help from shadowofchaos and I'm hoping to get the project moving within a month. Actually, work on the comic started several months ago, but everybody was too busy to continue.

Hey hey hey now. Despite this game taking my heart, soul, and wallet, school takes priority.

Hopefully me reading up on it when having the actual manga in my hand might actually inspire me to proofread better. :P

TheEnd is still around though if you feel like I'm not up to par.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That picture with Lissa in a maid outfit (looks adorable as fack, but why is she so tiny there?), Maribelle and Lucy in a bikini and the rest of the guys fighting monsters (since when are Risen huge? I thought they were human size...) is so...awkward and ironic. Also Lucy still looks cute even in that. x)

Finally, the reason I bought the issue (besides owning the official comic) was to grab this image of the Series 2 DLC promotional artwork, featuring Lucina in a bikini. This image appears in the staff interview, when they're discussing the DLC, and doesn't appear anywhere else (as far as I know).

OMG! I was searching that picture for so long, well, one with a good size and all, because I only had a screenshot from the video. Thanks so much!

OMG! I was searching that picture for so long, well, one with a good size and all, because I only had a screenshot from the video. Thanks so much!

You weren't the only one X D

Hey hey hey now. Despite this game taking my heart, soul, and wallet, school takes priority.

Hopefully me reading up on it when having the actual manga in my hand might actually inspire me to proofread better. :P

Well, I also meant I was busy too : P

Busy writing FE13 content and then playing the game, finally.