Awakening has my heart, soul, wallet, and...

I was just cleaning my room earlier. Which is when I finally noticed this.

I didn't have the space to put the rest of my stuff on that shelf because FE13 is taking up so much of it.

You know, now that I know FE was on the ropes before Awakening happened... now I regret not having a collection as big as that of Awakening-related stuff... hehehe....

Meh, you're missing the Euro stuff. 3DS XL, European copy, etc.

...I jest, I jest. This is quite cool, IMO.

xD

I'm going to Las Vegas, and I'm going to bring a really big bag with me.

Enjoy. The only thing in English is that US FE13 box... and that... sliver of an "artbook" Gamestop had at the very end on the right.

Between the Knights of Iris book and the FE 20th Anniversary artbook.

xD

Enjoy. The only thing in English is that US FE13 box... and that... sliver of an "artbook" Gamestop had at the very end on the right.

Between the Knights of Iris book and the FE 20th Anniversary artbook.

Well, and the European artbook is missing too, but eh. General idea is still there. That's a shitload of FE:A stuff.

You think I care about that? Remember, I spent $200 on an artbook that was entirely in Japanese. I also own quite a few other, less expensive artbooks.

Hey, Rey. What is all of that, anyway...?

'Cause I only recognize the bundle, artbook, drama CD, cartridges, and the soundtrack.

I still really, really, reeeeaaaaaalllllyyy want that Japanese bundle. ;~; Not the American one. Because digital copy is blegh.

Edited by Fruit Ninja

Hey, Rey. What is all of that, anyway...?

'Cause I only recognize the bundle, artbook, drama CD, cartridges, and the soundtrack.

I still really, really, reeeeaaaaaalllllyyy want that Japanese bundle. ;~; Not the American one. Because digital copy is blegh.

Warning: Weeb titles are being used.

Starting from the left:

1. Fire Emblem: Kakusei 3DS Bundle. Has the physical copy of the game with the Japanese Blue 3DS.

2. The 300 piece jigsaw puzzle of the cover artwork.

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening North American 3DS Game Box

4. Fire Emblem: Kakusei Japan 3DS Game Box

5. Fire Emblem: Awakening Drama CD No. 1: "Iris Romance: A Dangerous Situation"

6. Fire Emblem: Kakusei Club Nintendo Music Selection CD

7. Fire Emblem: Kakusei Original Soundtrack

8. Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Perfect Guidebook

9. Nintendo Dream Magazine - June 2013 Issue

10. Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Official Comics (Included with the Nintendo Dream Magazine)

11. Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Knights of Iris Artbook

12. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Gamestop Pre-order Artbook This thing is PATHETIC.

13. Not on the shelf: Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Deco Stickers (Entire Set of 24) I gave the duplicate stickers to Vincent, which you can see here.

The last book there on the very right is the 20th Anniversary Fire Emblem Artbook. But obviously, no Awakening content is included there.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Now all I want to do is rage about NoJ calling Ylisse "Iris", because it's not pronounced like Iris at all (yes I do know the katakana for the name which is why I say this) so seeing that name just ticks me off because it's so misleading and Engrishy and nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Edited by Starlight36

Now all I want to do is rage about NoJ calling Ylisse "Iris", because it's not pronounced like Iris at all (yes I do know the katakana for the name which is why I say this) so seeing that name just ticks me off because it's so misleading and Engrishy and nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

The only thing that comes to mind that pisses me off even more than "I know katakana, so I know what I'm talking about" is people using Japanese honorifics in English .

Prepare for my rant, because you're ticking me off from your lack of understanding just because you presumed to know from your katakana.

If you did your research you would know that イーリス is LITERALLY how they say "Iris" of Greek mythology.

イーリス:虹の女神 "Iris: Goddess of the Rainbow"

They even say "In English, it is pronounced A-I-RI-SU" when referring to the flower.

イーリスはギリシア語で虹を意味する。英語では虹彩も「iris」という。また、イーリスの聖花はアヤメ(アイリス)だが、この名もイーリスに由来する。

"In Greek, it refers to the [kanji] rainbow. In English it refers to the iris of the eye. Furthemore, it is believed that this goddess "Iris" is the origin to the "Ayame" flower (pronounced "A-i-ri-su")."

Because it is A REFERENCE TO A FLOWER. THE SAME WITH PEREZIA which turned into Plegia.

You can say you don't like the name "Iris", but don't say it's more "ENGRISH" than "Ylisse".

Who the HELL has actually said "Ylisse" more than "Iris" before the FE13 localization anyway?

Edited by shadowofchaos

well aren't you an affluent little shit! >:(

japan is so bad at romanising things. their quality control teams should really include one or two people who know how the alphabet works.

japan is so bad at romanising things. their quality control teams should really include one or two people who know how the alphabet works.

Except this time they apparently actually had someone competent in English when it came to the game cover.

However I do have to admit their bad romanization on character names.

On Ylisse however, I still have to say people who were used to the "Iris" when the country name was revealed were a little taken back... including Mr. mainsite admin himself.

Edited by shadowofchaos

See, if my tongue didn't keep tripping over that "y" in Ylisse, I'd love the English name. It didn't help that Sumia didn't say that one critical quote of hers - "For Ylisse!" until chapter fourteen.

I'll admit, I kind of prefer Iris over Ylisse.

Plus, in the language of flowers, irises stand for faith, wisdom and valor: three of the ideals the continent and the people within it represent, so regardless, I feel it's fitting.