I'm convinced the next FE that isn't a remake will be a prequel to this game. (SPOILERS)

With what Awakening did for the franchise, it's a no-brainer that this game will get another one set in Akaneia/Ylisse that deals with Grima, Falchion, etc.

With how this game didn't explain that much about Grima, the First Exalt, etc. I suspect that at least some of it can be tied to somebody at IS leaving things open for another game. To say nothing of how a prequel would avoid the pairings or who did the last attack on Grima.

All I want is a Fire Emblem game that has more than tangental references to the overall mythology of the series. Just give me a nice long chat with Naga and Forseti about the true history of the Dragon Tribes and their interactions with humans throughout ages and continents, and I will be a happy man.

Of course, that will never happen. Alas.

I'm also a bit hesitant - as much as the First Exalt seems like a great possible protagonist for a prequel, Fire Emblem has a long and stories history of introducing a good cast of semi-mythologized previous heroes who remain semi-mythologized for good. Anri, the Twelve Crusaders, the Eight Generals (even though Athos shows up, he doesn't give any historical details at all), whatever the Magvell heroes were called, etc. I would be surprised if we ever saw him around.

There certainly could be room for a FE7-style prequel, though, where no significant wars break out and there are no staggering political changes. Who knows, maybe Chrom's dad could pull a Zephiel and show up as a well-adjusted and peaceful ally.

at the normal ending of binding blade (where you didn't get all 8 weapons) the narrator said that *one daym Elibe united in single flag, but that is another story*... worth mentioning, bummer.

or probably, they show another New series, probably just a hunch..

I'm personally not a big fan of Awakening from a story perspective, and it feels more like a crossover and a celebration of the series than a serious entry (wheee every conceivable thing is canon) to me, so I'd rather see a new entry.

I think an entry where you start as a (lower?) Plegian noble and Chrom's father is the final boss would be pretty cool.

I don't think the prequel necessarily /needs/ to be the first exalt? I'd rather have a case similar to what they did with FE6/7.

With Awakening bringing a lot of new fans, a sequel of the game will create quite a hype and a lot of interest.

With people who miss Awakening will buying the game after the sequel.

I think it's quite a good move for FE to gain more popularity and loyal fans.

I think an entry where you start as a (lower?) Plegian noble and Chrom's father is the final boss would be pretty cool.

I don't think the prequel necessarily /needs/ to be the first exalt? I'd rather have a case similar to what they did with FE6/7.

I agree with him.

With the prequel having returning characters, people will get nostalgia feeling and will end up wanting to play Awakening again :P

And Plegian vs Chrom's dad quite cool actually.

People would like to know about Chrom's dad tyranny. (We can even have Gangrel when he's cute and righteous. Just like Zephiel.)

... it somehow sounds like Dawn Brigade, tough XD

Edited by Fairlee

Perhaps a prequel could take the perspective of the Plegians, seeing as Gangrel made quite a villain of Chrom's father. Of course, I suppose this story couldn't have a happy ending, as plegia, and its people, were slaughtered by the crusading force of the Ylissians. I'd hate to know the ending to a story before it even began, seeing as your whole party would be six feet under at the end of the game, it's why I never got into Romeo and Juliet, they tell you that they both die right in the premonition.

Well, FE is hardly a stranger to tragedy. Besides, your party (or parts) could survive without winning the war. Plus it allows for a more interesting story than what Awakening had, anyways, IMO. Instead of "go place, kill bad guys," you would have to lose sometimes. The story would have built in panic and desperation. Also FE could manage to pull another tragic villain out of Gangrel, like what happened with Zephiel in FE6. Maybe IS could make up for Yen'fay there...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title is how the Elibe side of the fandom never got their "Scouring" part of the story clarified. xD

I'd rather have a sequel, like...

at the normal ending of binding blade (where you didn't get all 8 weapons) the narrator said that *one daym Elibe united in single flag, but that is another story*... worth mentioning, bummer.

or probably, they show another New series, probably just a hunch..

This! :P: Having Roy and Lyn fight together in a Binding Blade sequel would be awesome! :D:

And I bet the next game will be unrelated to Awakening, call it a hunch.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I think that they probably won't make a sequel of a prequel. While it would be cool, the game seemed like it was meant to be a stand alone game.

or*

Edited by Forged Thoron

I don't think they'd actually do a prequel. It seemed to be a minor detail in the point of the story, mentioned only for sake of minor plot, putting a reason behind why Emm is the way she is, and what Chrom's perspective is on that. Besides, doing a prequel to this game sounds undesirable to be honest...I mean no matter what happens, it will lead to the events in Awakening. I like what they did in rekka no ken and Binding Blade, though. I would rather have something afterwards, if they even did a sequel to this game. (Though seeing as how you could've set the supports up, it sounds impossibly hard to pull off, including how you could've finished Grima off). Let's just be thankful there will be another Fire Emblem, no matter what happens, eh? I'm willing to bet it'll be in the same style of Awakening too; at least one more game in the same art style. They put a lot of work into overhauling it's looks. Perhaps it will be with FEET this time! (Not hating on the no feet thing. Used to it now. How could I not be after 130+ hours??)

Still, this is all speculation and personal opinions of course.

I don't think they'd actually do a prequel. It seemed to be a minor detail in the point of the story, mentioned only for sake of minor plot, putting a reason behind why Emm is the way she is, and what Chrom's perspective is on that. Besides, doing a prequel to this game sounds undesirable to be honest...I mean no matter what happens, it will lead to the events in Awakening. I like what they did in rekka no ken and Binding Blade, though. I would rather have something afterwards, if they even did a sequel to this game. (Though seeing as how you could've set the supports up, it sounds impossibly hard to pull off, including how you could've finished Grima off). Let's just be thankful there will be another Fire Emblem, no matter what happens, eh? I'm willing to bet it'll be in the same style of Awakening too; at least one more game in the same art style. They put a lot of work into overhauling it's looks. Perhaps it will be with FEET this time! (Not hating on the no feet thing. Used to it now. How could I not be after 130+ hours??)

Still, this is all speculation and personal opinions of course.

My idea is that the sequel would have a transfer data thingy, which would make the marriages and children/ choices/supports as they were in your game.

My idea is that the sequel would have a transfer data thingy, which would make the marriages and children/ choices/supports as they were in your game.

If you dont transfer data you get the maincanon characters Sumia!Lucina and Lon'Qu!Gerome for example

well depending on how the game ends *SPOILER* if chrom land the final blow on grima he goes to a long slumber. assuming that is the what is done there could be a sequel to awakening with Grima being reawakened and having a future generation fight him.

If you dont transfer data you get the maincanon characters Sumia!Lucina and Lon'Qu!Gerome for example

This would piss off so many fans... People hate Sumia as it is, imagine if she was confirmed canon. Also Lon'qu is obvs Olivia's hubby not Cherche's

I really don't think a sequel would work because of all the variables. A game with Priam post-Awakening is probably the closest we could get to a follow-up.

But honestly I'd rather have a totally new game for 14, either in a new world or revisiting the GBA continents.

Edited by Owain Dark

well depending on how the game ends *SPOILER* if chrom land the final blow on grima he goes to a long slumber. assuming that is the what is done there could be a sequel to awakening with Grima being reawakened and having a future generation fight him.

I smell DLC season three; "Future of Despair 2.0"