I'm crazy enough to actually try a No Limit Breaker, No Aggressor, No Rallies run.

...Made it to Wave 3 (Sorcs) on my first attempt. Then I missed a 99% on the Ikeadin. A 99% that I was absolutely needing to be a kill (the hit would've been terminal). That cost me that run.

Attempt 2 will be made at a later time.

If you're letting the Falcs and the Pallies mix, you're not killing fast enough. Falcs should be dead fast: Celica's are effective on them. Make the first move and pressure the hell out of the Falcs.

Edited by Airship Canon

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm crazy enough to actually try a No Limit Breaker, No Aggressor, No Rallies run.

...Made it to Wave 3 (Sorcs) on my first attempt. Then I missed a 99% on the Ikeadin. A 99% that I was absolutely needing to be a kill (the hit would've been terminal). That cost me that run.

Attempt 2 will be made at a later time.

I'm guessing Vengeance for damage boosting without going full power "living on the edge at 1 HP to take them out before they can hit me" is necessary there?

I mean the No DLC run that person did on GameFAQs required maxing out magic to barely kill sorcs with dual attacks and vengeance powered Celica's Gale before they get a chance to attack... but having no rallies is pretty much screwing you out of that tactic.

Hit and Run Rescue while risking your survivability? I'm pretty sure people that barely take a hit from a Luna+ with Limit Breaker are completely dead without it if they don't proc skills and or a dual attack.

I'm guessing Vengeance for damage boosting without going full power "living on the edge at 1 HP to take them out before they can hit me" is necessary there?

I mean the No DLC run that person did on GameFAQs required maxing out magic to barely kill sorcs with dual attacks and vengeance powered Celica's Gale before they get a chance to attack... but having no rallies is pretty much screwing you out of that tactic.

Hit and Run Rescue while risking your survivability? I'm pretty sure people that barely take a hit from a Luna+ with Limit Breaker are completely dead without it if they don't proc skills and or a dual attack.

Mixing up a fair deal of Vengeance, and whole lot of Luna. Special Dance is getting kicked around a lot too.

I've got 3 Snipers, two of which run Aether/Luna/Ignis (Morgan, Ike), and the other is Chrom (Aether/Luna/Rightful King).

What's necessary is Sniper chunking (And it's specifically Snipers. I need Double Bows). I would sub out and pick up a fourth Sniper, but Olivia literally does no damage, so I do need to have someone fill Chrom's Support slot so...

How much damage are the Dual-Attacks able to pull? Because honestly, that whole lot of those boosted with Aggressor is the only way I got those Sorcs.

Edit:

[12:51:48 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): O_O

[12:51:49 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): ...

[12:51:58 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): if Olivia gets a speed boost in the barracks

[12:52:00 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): ...she can double Anna

[12:52:09 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): and one round he-- OH MY GOSH I'M REDOING THIS CRAP

Edited by shadowofchaos

How much damage are the Dual-Attacks able to pull? Because honestly, that whole lot of those boosted with Aggressor is the only way I got those Sorcs.

Not a whole lot. Before that damn Pally killed my Noire, I did kill the first sorc boss-- and Lucina dealt a total of 8 damage. (How I killed that guy? Baited him on to my MU, who's fast enough to not be doubled. Knocked off 41 HP there (subbed around a skill and picked up Vengeance). Ike attacked-- popped Aether, dealing 28, and Morgan finished him off (She popped Luna, and smashed him with another 20. he Miracled, and Inigo shot him in the face)

i was thinking about doing a no-dlc generation 1 run of apoth

a quick skim calculation makes it look mathematically possible but i can't imagine how things would actually turn out on the map (i'm foreseeing a lot of vengeance kiting)

Honestly I think that the Helswath 'zerkers are still going to be the worst of the set. I have two units that aren't getting doubled by them, and one is one of my Snipers (Morgan).

The Throne one won't be so bad (He doesn't move) but the two on Anna's wave will be hell.

Ultimate Victory.

One does [not] Need to Rally to beat No Limit Break, No Aggressor Apotheosis.

Hardest kill was the double 'zerks, which was... as hard as I was expecting. Basically it was dumb luck here-- only Severa was fast enough to not be doubled. Although between her and Gerome, she did 47 damage (41 on Throne 'zerker)- which all things considered was pretty solid. [Enough to nearly be terminal with Olivia's help. Only took a slight poke to kill.]

Anna ultimately died as simply as expected-- although I did make a slight miscalculation on her, forgot my Avo+10 on Severa-- Anna only had 11 Hit (which is a laughable 2.5%) instead of the 21% (which had the 4% "OHGODSIMDEAD" factor)

I battle saved mid way thru Wave 5 and will come back with some pics later if I can get the camera (and remember to post them).

Ultimate Victory.

One does [not] Need to Rally to beat No Limit Break, No Aggressor Apotheosis.

Hardest kill was the double 'zerks, which was... as hard as I was expecting. Basically it was dumb luck here-- only Severa was fast enough to not be doubled. Although between her and Gerome, she did 47 damage (41 on Throne 'zerker)- which all things considered was pretty solid. [Enough to nearly be terminal with Olivia's help. Only took a slight poke to kill.]

Anna ultimately died as simply as expected-- although I did make a slight miscalculation on her, forgot my Avo+10 on Severa-- Anna only had 11 Hit (which is a laughable 2.5%) instead of the 21% (which had the 4% "OHGODSIMDEAD" factor)

I battle saved mid way thru Wave 5 and will come back with some pics later if I can get the camera (and remember to post them).

Congratulations! :awesome:

You deserve a medal, great job.

Congratulations! :awesome:

You deserve a medal, great job.

Are you being sarcastic?

It's hard to tell with that emote and choice of words.

This seems like a very impressive feat to me, and I for one would love to see video or something.

Are you being sarcastic?

It's hard to tell with that emote and choice of words.

This seems like a very impressive feat to me, and I for one would love to see video or something.

No, no I am not. I am also waiting for a video and am interested to see how he did it.

Edited by Yay

Best I can offer is pics (can't do video) (when I next get a shot at the camera... which I've no clue right now) and explanations.

Some notes:

Trash is trash. The Trash enemies (I.E. the 70 Lck sorcs, the Snipers who have Counter) were, for the most part, trash and fall easily to essentially normal tactics. Exception: Sage pack.Those guys can screw off. Luckily those aren't Forged/Hackforged Celica's Gales. (HF CG has an unreachable under these conditions and with this set 72 RES survival threshold)

Aether was actually important. A large supply of Luna was necessary, and frankly, RFK's 10% and Ignis's signficantly lower output to Luna (11-12 vs 7 as an average difference between activations) would not cut it for want of more Luna. (Also 1:4-1:3 activation rate is not half bad.) Also, for the most part, Aether deals more damage than even full power Ignis.

Lead Damage was better than Support Damage. Even the "mighty" hard supports (Vaike!Gerome, Frederick!Yarne) dealt rather pitiful damage.

Valflame was used as an offensive weapon on more than one occasion. [21 MT. When that's just better than your damage x2... more often than not.]

Some notable kills.

Wave 2/5: Sniper Pack/Sniper Boss: Kill trash at range 1. Bounce Owain/Cynthia off trash snipers and then into the boss. My strat here was literally unchanged from normal.

Wave 3/5: Invincisorcs: I'd pull them onto my MU (After switching Lucina to a Brave Lance). They'd hit for 66. He'd return fire with Vengeance (Dealing a total of 21 damage). Lucina Dual Strikes for 3 with Brave Lance. Total of 54 damage is dealt (21+3+3+21+3+3). Yes, this leaves the dastard in Vantage Range. I then use Morgan and range 3 them (Aether proc did occur here on the first. That's a kill. Morgan Double Bow Aether deals terminal damage on the Luna portion. This does cause a Miracle, but a Dual Strike from Inigo is reliable, and did occur, although any proc from Morgan is enough to secure the kill: Aether is terminal out right- Inigo mops up. Luna and Ignis, Inigo finishes it off on his brave attack.)

Wave 3: Ikeadin: Chrom paired Maribelle. (A-rank) and attacked with Double Bow. Got an Aether (which only deals 4 more than a Luna here, because this guy... This guy...-_-) followed by a dual strike from Maribelle-- this cleaves him down by 38. I then rushed him with my (still damaged) MU [switched Lucy to Valflame] MU's hit does 23. Lucy does 5 damage with Valflame. MU brave attacked and killed.

Wave 4: Soldier pack: Severa. Enough Said. (To elaborate, Severa punishes lances hit wise hard. I had her running All+2, Vengeance, Avo+10, Lancebreaker, Galeforce. She's paired up with Gerome [s-support] who's running All+2, Axefaire, STR+2, Lancebreaker, Dual Support+... With A-supportted Owain behind her, she's at full support.)

Wave 4: Double 'zerker Pretty much Double Helswath lite. With the lower amount of SPD and DEF/RES, these guys I had one pull on to my MU, the other onto Severa. Both were killed in follow up attacks.

Wave 4: Throne 'zerker (This guy is hard to kill (Total of 67 DEF, 58 RES... those +3 Throne bonuses are....-_-;;)): Double bow from Morgan-- 10 Damage [Luna] (Inigo does literally nothing (I was considering flipping him Berserker mid fight just because of this guy, ultimately didn't, although it probably would've worked pretty well.)). Double bow from Ike (Paired up with Yarne)-- 11 (Got lucky here and Yarne dual striked for Ike) dealing a pair of 8s. Chrom attacked- Nailed Aether. Chrom did a lovely 10 damage and Maribelle used Valflame (Yes, Valflame, again. Celica's actually dealt 2 less damage together than the single blast of Valflame) for 12. Slipped Severa into position (between my 3 doublebow users) and gave armed her with Helswath [note: Why not Ragnell? Same exact MT, but Ragnell reduces the damage the 'zerker does by 2, which in turn makes Severa lose ATK off Vengeance.]. She got chunked on enemy phase and returned fire for 41. Slammed him again with Chrom/Mari to finish him off.

Wave 4: Sages Basically the messiest set of kills ever. And the main point where Vantage was used.

How it actually went down: Libra!Owain with DF Pair up (Cynthia) and a Ward Staff (Buy a Ward, save a life. League of Emblem. (Welcome to the League of Owain!)) application has exactly enough RES (56) to wind up at 1 HP after a Celica's Sage unloads on him. With Cynthia armed with Valflame, it's over for all of them.

Took a few approaches and a fair deal of math to figure out how to rock it though. But yes, Libra!Owain + Henry!Cynthia has enough firepower to 6/less these guys.

Wave 5 is just a culmination of things. Approached each scenario like before, except Double Helswath, which was rather... different.

Double Helswath was a merely kitefest that involved using Severa/Gerome to cut those guys down to size.

Anna: Chunked her with Chrom, Ike and Morgan. Finished her off with a melee rush from Severa.

As a whole, it took me 27 turns to clear.

Best I can offer is pics (can't do video) (when I next get a shot at the camera... which I've no clue right now) and explanations.

Some notes:

Trash is trash. The Trash enemies (I.E. the 70 Lck sorcs, the Snipers who have Counter) were, for the most part, trash and fall easily to essentially normal tactics. Exception: Sage pack.Those guys can screw off. Luckily those aren't Forged/Hackforged Celica's Gales. (HF CG has an unreachable under these conditions and with this set 72 RES survival threshold)

Aether was actually important. A large supply of Luna was necessary, and frankly, RFK's 10% and Ignis's signficantly lower output to Luna (11-12 vs 7 as an average difference between activations) would not cut it for want of more Luna. (Also 1:4-1:3 activation rate is not half bad.) Also, for the most part, Aether deals more damage than even full power Ignis.

Lead Damage was better than Support Damage. Even the "mighty" hard supports (Vaike!Gerome, Frederick!Yarne) dealt rather pitiful damage.

Valflame was used as an offensive weapon on more than one occasion. [21 MT. When that's just better than your damage x2... more often than not.]

Some notable kills.

Wave 2/5: Sniper Pack/Sniper Boss: Kill trash at range 1. Bounce Owain/Cynthia off trash snipers and then into the boss. My strat here was literally unchanged from normal.

Wave 3/5: Invincisorcs: I'd pull them onto my MU (After switching Lucina to a Brave Lance). They'd hit for 66. He'd return fire with Vengeance (Dealing a total of 21 damage). Lucina Dual Strikes for 3 with Brave Lance. Total of 54 damage is dealt (21+3+3+21+3+3). Yes, this leaves the dastard in Vantage Range. I then use Morgan and range 3 them (Aether proc did occur here on the first. That's a kill. Morgan Double Bow Aether deals terminal damage on the Luna portion. This does cause a Miracle, but a Dual Strike from Inigo is reliable, and did occur, although any proc from Morgan is enough to secure the kill: Aether is terminal out right- Inigo mops up. Luna and Ignis, Inigo finishes it off on his brave attack.)

Wave 3: Ikeadin: Chrom paired Maribelle. (A-rank) and attacked with Double Bow. Got an Aether (which only deals 4 more than a Luna here, because this guy... This guy...-_-) followed by a dual strike from Maribelle-- this cleaves him down by 38. I then rushed him with my (still damaged) MU [switched Lucy to Valflame] MU's hit does 23. Lucy does 5 damage with Valflame. MU brave attacked and killed.

Wave 4: Soldier pack: Severa. Enough Said. (To elaborate, Severa punishes lances hit wise hard. I had her running All+2, Vengeance, Avo+10, Lancebreaker, Galeforce. She's paired up with Gerome [s-support] who's running All+2, Axefaire, STR+2, Lancebreaker, Dual Support+... With A-supportted Owain behind her, she's at full support.)

Wave 4: Double 'zerker Pretty much Double Helswath lite. With the lower amount of SPD and DEF/RES, these guys I had one pull on to my MU, the other onto Severa. Both were killed in follow up attacks.

Wave 4: Throne 'zerker (This guy is hard to kill (Total of 67 DEF, 58 RES... those +3 Throne bonuses are....-_-;;)): Double bow from Morgan-- 10 Damage [Luna] (Inigo does literally nothing (I was considering flipping him Berserker mid fight just because of this guy, ultimately didn't, although it probably would've worked pretty well.)). Double bow from Ike (Paired up with Yarne)-- 11 (Got lucky here and Yarne dual striked for Ike) dealing a pair of 8s. Chrom attacked- Nailed Aether. Chrom did a lovely 10 damage and Maribelle used Valflame (Yes, Valflame, again. Celica's actually dealt 2 less damage together than the single blast of Valflame) for 12. Slipped Severa into position (between my 3 doublebow users) and gave armed her with Helswath [note: Why not Ragnell? Same exact MT, but Ragnell reduces the damage the 'zerker does by 2, which in turn makes Severa lose ATK off Vengeance.]. She got chunked on enemy phase and returned fire for 41. Slammed him again with Chrom/Mari to finish him off.

Wave 4: Sages Basically the messiest set of kills ever. And the main point where Vantage was used.

How it actually went down: Libra!Owain with DF Pair up (Cynthia) and a Ward Staff (Buy a Ward, save a life. League of Emblem. (Welcome to the League of Owain!)) application has exactly enough RES (56) to wind up at 1 HP after a Celica's Sage unloads on him. With Cynthia armed with Valflame, it's over for all of them.

Took a few approaches and a fair deal of math to figure out how to rock it though. But yes, Libra!Owain + Henry!Cynthia has enough firepower to 6/less these guys.

Wave 5 is just a culmination of things. Approached each scenario like before, except Double Helswath, which was rather... different.

Double Helswath was a merely kitefest that involved using Severa/Gerome to cut those guys down to size.

Anna: Chunked her with Chrom, Ike and Morgan. Finished her off with a melee rush from Severa.

As a whole, it took me 27 turns to clear.

Anna is dangerous if you fight her with her forged Brave Lance. 65% chance at activating Aether.

Rightful God(30% instant activation)+70 Skill/2 is 35 add together makes 65%. You should hopefully kill her before she can even leave her post with her Forged Spear equipped.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Anna is dangerous if you fight her with her forged Brave Lance. 65% chance at activating Aether.

Rightful God(30% instant activation)+70 Skill/2 is 35 add together makes 65%. You should hopefully kill her before she can even leave her post with her Forged Spear equipped.

I did ultimately OTKO her [Not a spectacular feat when both Ike and Morgan hit Aethers.], but...

I know exactly how dangerous she can be but she still has hilariously low hit on my designated unit [Lon'qu!Severa]: 11 Hit (which is a laughable 2.53% thanks to True Hit)

Honestly of the non-Hawkeye lance users, the Killer Lance wielding soldiers were the most threatening [Not the miniboss soldiers. The two with Killer Lances.]. 70 SKL, Vengeance, and 10 more Hit than Anna. 9.03% true hit compared to 2.53%.

A little point. There's a 17.85% chance that all of the attacks come up Aether when she quads.

And only an 18.53% she'll land a single hit on Severa in those 8 attacks.

There's a 3.2492951088094092845775740153507% chance of her actually pulling anything off via Quad-Aether (because she needs the Quad Aether itself to happen)

It's not exactly a gamble to bring Anna down this way.

Sorry about the double post, but this is somewhat necessary...

I'm [slowly] videoing another clear of the No Limit/Agg/Rally Apo.

Here's a preview, because Rey mentioned the Sorcs being difficult to kill.

Well, they're not really (however Dual Guards can burn)...

PV1: Invincisorc Will Die!

PV2: Severa's Apocalypse [soldier Killing]

Full video later. It's like 3 hours long.... >_<;;

Edited by Airship Canon

I'm new here, but I recently bought Apotheosis and I'm looking for a strategy that could work for the normal route and maybe the secret route. I have all of the characters except for any of the DLC Einherhar and I just want someone to give me an evaluation of sorts to see what strategy will work best for my units. These are my units' statistics with their currently equipped skills (all of them have Limit Breaker equipped and capped out stats):

Chrom - Great Lord: Hit Rate +20, Aegis, Aether, Rightful King

My Unit (Bleu Soleil) - Grandmaster: Asset - Skill, Flaw - Luck; Armsthrift, Renewal, Rally Spectrum, Ignis

Lissa - War Cleric: Dual Support+, Rally Heart, Renewal, Miracle

Frederick - Great Knight: Luna, Rally Defense, Aegis, Pavise

Sully - Paladin: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Aegis, Luna

Virion - Sniper: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Hit Rate +20, Lifetaker

Stahl - Paladin: Hit Rate +20, Bowbreaker, Aegis, Luna

Vaike - Warrior: Rally Strength, Sol, Axebreaker, Gamble

Miriel - Sage: Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Sumia - Falcon Knight: Renewal, Galeforce, Pavise, Iote's Shield

Kellam - General: Rally Defense, Luna, Pavise, Renewal

Donnel - Bow Knight: Rally Strength, Sol, Armsthrift, Counter

Lon'qu - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Ricken - Sage: Luna, Pavise, Rally Magic, Lifetaker

Maribelle - Valkyrie: Rally Heart, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+, Renewal

Panne - Taguel: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lucky Seven, Beastbane

Gaius - Assassin: Vantage, Astra, Axebreaker, Lethality

Cordelia - Falcon Knight: Armsthrift, Iote's Shield, Galeforce, Lifetaker

Gregor - Hero: Wrath, Rally Strength, Armsthrift, Sol

Nowi - Manakete: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lifetaker, Wyrmsbane

Libra - War Monk: Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomebreaker, Vengeance

Tharja - Sorcerer: Pavise, Rally Defense, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Anna - Trickster: Rally Magic, Rally Heart, Lucky Seven, Lifetaker

Olivia - Dancer: Galeforce, Astra, Rally Heart, Special Dance

Cherce - Wyvern Lord: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Iote's Shield, Renewal

Henry - Sorcerer: Wrath, Rally Strength, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Lucina - Great Lord (Olivia): Hit Rate +20, Aegis, Aether, Rightful King

Say'ri - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Tiki - Manakete: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lifetaker, Wyrmsbane

Basilio - Warrior: Sol, Luna, Pavise, Rally Strength

Flavia - Hero: Sol, Luna, Pavise, Amsthrift

Owain - Swordmaster (Frederick): Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Rally Strength

Inigo - Hero (Chrom): Sol, Luna, Armsthrift, Rightful King

Brady - War Monk (Vaike): Rally Strength, Rally Magic, Renewal, Miracle

Kjelle - General (Stahl): Rally Defense, Luna, Aegis, Pavise

Cynthia - Falcon Knight (Gaius): Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Rally Luck, Renewal

Severa - Hero (Gregor): Armsthrift, Renewal, Wrath, Vengeance

Gerome - Wyvern Lord (Virion): Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Iote's Shield, Renewal

Morgan - Grandmaster (Lucina): Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Aether, Ignis

Yarne - Taguel (Lon'qu): Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lucky Seven, Beastbane

Laurent - Sage (Ricken): Luna, Aegis, Rally Magic, Renewal

Noire - Sniper (Henry): Pavise, Renewal, Wrath, Vengeance

Nah - Manakete (Donnel): Armsthrift, Sol, Renewal, Wyrmsbane

Gangrel - Trickster: Wrath, Rally Strength, Lifetaker, Vengeance

Walhart - Conqueror: Rally Defense, Luna, Pavise, Conquest

Emmeryn - Sage: Rally Magic, Rally Resistance, Rally Heart, Renewal

Yen'fay - Swordmaster: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Vantage, Astra

Aversa - Dark Flier: Galeforce, Iote's Shield, Vengeance, Shadowgift

Priam - Hero: Sol, Luna, Rally Strength, Armsthrift

I'm new here, but I recently bought Apotheosis and I'm looking for a strategy that could work for the normal route and maybe the secret route. I have all of the characters except for any of the DLC Einherhar and I just want someone to give me an evaluation of sorts to see what strategy will work best for my units. These are my units' statistics with their currently equipped skills (all of them have Limit Breaker equipped and capped out stats):

I can give you some tips:

1. Get a pair of Einherjar. Doesn't matter which ones, just as long as 1 is male and 1 is female. Give them Paragon [go pick up veteran if you want, too], and grind them through all classes that have Rallies.

Then set their skills as follows:

Male:

Rally Spectrum

Rally Strength

Rally Magic

Rally Defense

Rally Luck

Female:

Rally Heart

Rally Speed

Rally Resistance

Rally Skill

Rally Movement

These units are Rally Bots, and need to be able to move quickly, and should never come under attack. [if you have your Boots, use the Logbook trick to give them both boots.] Their class should be any flying class.

Next you're going to want two to three pure Staff bots. These should either be Falconknights with Lancefaire+Shockstick, or Sages/Valkyries with Tomefaire+Tome [Valflame if you can do so](Emm's a great one, so is Lissa, Libra, Guest MUs, a few Einherjar). Make sure they have A-rank Staves. They should carry Rescue Staves and Fortify. [You shouldn't really need Goddess, except for Emergencies, and unless you're using Recover, don't bother with single-target healing].

Use Olivia as a Dancer- and the only skill that matters on her is Special Dance.

Weapons, you're just going to be using the following:

Brave [Weapon]- Forged: +5 MT, +15 Hit

Celica's Gale (Tome)- Forged: +5 MT, +15 Hit

Don't worry about any other weapon. [Except on Staffbots]

Skills wise: Ditch Sol. Ditch Pavise/Aegis. Ditch Armsthrift (it doesn't exactly help with those weapons). Ditch -banes (Don't use Taguel (worst "final" class in the game), and there's better ways to kill the Normal mode wyverns than throwing Manakete at them. [*coughCelicas*cough*Bravebow*cough*]). Ditch Wrath (Crit doesn't matter here).

If a unit can get Luna, make sure they have it. Unless they have Vengeance-- then use Vengeance.

Galeforce on as many active units as possible. Try to set up so each pair has at least one Galeforce.

Basic Strat: Stay together at the end of turn to be in range for Rallies, which happen at the beginning of the turn. Don't allow the enemy to attack unless you want them too [Vengeance, eg.]. Roll over as many enemies as possible on player phase as possible and be out of range.

Some specific notes: Secret Route:

Wave 1's entire field auto aggros. Don't let the boss go if you've harmed him-- he uses Vengeance/Counter, and since he doesn't have a Hackforged Bow, his Axe does a lot more damage, so he WILL prefer to use Range 1.

Wave 2's Boss cannot be survived by anything outside of dumb luck with Dual Guard, Aegis- do not allow the Boss to Attack, ever. The entire field is linked and will all aggro the moment you pull one unit.

Wave 3's Boss must be slain with a dual strike or range 3 attack while he's at 1 HP. He has 99 LCK and Miracle. The boss's pack doesn't auto aggro. Everything else does. Expect the Paladin "boss" (AKA: Ikeadin) and the Falconknight Boss ("Elincia") to use Aether. [support fire with a bow makes short work of the Falconknights.]

Wave 4... Each enemy aggros by itself, unlike the rest of the map. You need ~60 RES to survive all 5 Dark Fliers aiming at you with Mire. Nothing with less than 60 SPD should ever be in the boss's attack range. The boss will kill you if he gets 2 Attacks off, and has Hawkeye, so he doesn't miss. Don't melee the boss except to finish him, he has counter and still does like 70 Damage, even with Limit Breaker. To survive the Sages, have 56 RES.

Wave 5: Don't be afraid of Anna, she's not that difficult. Just use Lancebreaker and shut her down... however her entourage is all of the previous boss packs, except wave 1. Approach each set as you did before, except with one notable difference: There are 2 of Wave 4's boss here, and they are in fact, linked. Pull them in such a manner that they do not get to focus on 1 unit, or they will kill that unit. Everything aggros in packs. Don't "step on the red carpet" unless you know what you're doing.

I'm planning to take down Apo someday, but I need help with one thing: 2ND GEN PAIRS. I know the usual combos- Sage and Dark Flier, Hero and -insert physical support here-. But I really need to know who would work best with who. Paired children:

Chrom!Inigo x Lucina!Morgan

Olivia!Lucy x MaMU (Couldn't resist!)

Unpaired:

Gregor!Yarne

Stahl!Severa Lon'qu!Laurent

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

Henry!Cynthia

Kellam!Nah

Ricken!Owain

Libra!Brady

Freddy Bear!Gerome

Help, please?

Edited by Empty_City

I did ultimately OTKO her [Not a spectacular feat when both Ike and Morgan hit Aethers.], but...

I know exactly how dangerous she can be but she still has hilariously low hit on my designated unit [Lon'qu!Severa]: 11 Hit (which is a laughable 2.53% thanks to True Hit)

Honestly of the non-Hawkeye lance users, the Killer Lance wielding soldiers were the most threatening [Not the miniboss soldiers. The two with Killer Lances.]. 70 SKL, Vengeance, and 10 more Hit than Anna. 9.03% true hit compared to 2.53%.

A little point. There's a 17.85% chance that all of the attacks come up Aether when she quads.

And only an 18.53% she'll land a single hit on Severa in those 8 attacks.

There's a 3.2492951088094092845775740153507% chance of her actually pulling anything off via Quad-Aether (because she needs the Quad Aether itself to happen)

It's not exactly a gamble to bring Anna down this way.

yeah, my totally not optimal Virion!Inigo had 26% chance of getting hit by Anna :lol

First time I played the regular waves of Apotheosis, I just had MU and about three maxed out (all skills from all available classes, and maximum stats) copies of MU from my other save profiles -all Dread Fighters- try it. I was defeated long before the first round had a chance of ending, as I didn't expect the enemies to have stats as though they had Limit Breaker equipped.

Then, I came back with a maxed out MU, Chrom, and 18 other Bonus Teams/DLC/Streetpass character I had maxed out. I clobbered the normal waves in forty-two turns. Almost blitzkrieg.

Now, for the secret waves, my 20 maxed out units aren't looking like the best option. So, looks like I need to learn to:

-Use S-rank couples

-Use all of the "rally" skills

-Go back to using staff-wielding units. Having everyone use Armsthrift, Limitbreaker, Renewal, Sol and an axe/lance/sword/bow/tome breaker skill of my choice may mean each unit is hard to kill, but can't heal from mostly lost health. (This is back when I was an idiot with ability combos. I don't use armsthrift so heavily now.)

I advise having units focusing around countering certain kinds of weapons, like giving a unit some good swords, such as a forged Brave Sword and Ragnell (one for double attacks, the other for 1-2 range sword attacks) and the axebreaker ability would make any enemy with an axe, for example, almost never land a hit. Use of the terrain enhances this further, though this strategy lasts as long as Hawkeye isn't on the enemy unit.

I'll often put Dual Guard+ on support units, and any other "+" skill available as they're some of the few skills that activate for the support unit. This is usually followed by forged Brave weapons or forged Celica's Gale or forged Waste, though I rarely put a dark magic user in the support role.

Using Chrom's convoy feature to change a unit's entire weapon set and class is something I have no guilt about either. (Mire spam. Good for individual targets that will rip your guts out unless they're worn down a bit.)