Who to recruit...

Okay, so, how about some advice about which SpotPass characters to recruit? Firstly, I remember hearing you can only have 20 extra characters, combined DLC and SpotPass. If this is true, then I'll only get 3 SpotPass characters, as the other 17 spots will be filled with the 17 DLC characters. So, which 3 SpotPass characters should I get? I want characters from the Japan-only games, but I'm not quite sure who. I was thinking maybe Lilina, Ced, and Sigurd, but I'm not sure...

I like getting characters with Dual Support+ so I can pretend they have supports but it doesn't really matter much. Just get your 3 favorite characters.

If this is for ingame, Jamke has Galeforce and has access to all the classes(well, everyone does, so :U) so you can do that if you want to speedroll through.

EDIT: I think Ephraim and one of the Marths(non-spotpass for both, btw) have Rightful King as opposed to Conquest, so those are better than the DLC ones if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Nuxl

I like getting characters with Dual Support+ so I can pretend they have supports but it doesn't really matter much. Just get your 3 favorite characters.

I'm not quite sure who I'd say are my favorites though. I've never played any of the Japan-only games, but from all my researching and stuff I've found I really like Sigurd, and Lilina, and Fee, and Lewyn, Ced, Arthur, and... Well, you see my predicament.

I'd go with other lords that aren't covered in the DLC, personally.

That would be Sigurd, Eliwood, and Hector, right? I thought of that, but this seems like a good opportunity to get some Japan-only characters for the first time in an officially localized game.

DLC!Marth and DLC!Micaiah.

DLC!Marth has Aptitude. Nuff said.

As much I hate DLC!Micaiah, she has Shadowgift .

DLC!Marth and DLC!Micaiah.

DLC!Marth has Aptitude. Nuff said.

As much I hate DLC!Micaiah, she has Shadowgift .

true, but he's already set aside the rest of his slots for DLC characters. He just wants spotpass characters atm (as stated in OP)

Yup. For further clarification, that also means I won't be getting anyone from SpotPass who is already available from DLC. So I won't be getting Roy, Seliph, Leif, Alm, etc. from SpotPass.

I only wish they made a Joshua spotpass-- he was my favorite character from Sacred Stones~<3 but not many people seem to share my view so I'm rather saddened.

I only wish they made a Joshua spotpass-- he was my favorite character from Sacred Stones~<3 but not many people seem to share my view so I'm rather saddened.

Yeah I was super surprised he wasn't included as SpotPass. He's one of my favorite Sacred Stones characters, too. Picking Marisa over Joshua? Hmm...

King Marth with Rightful King, combining with his current skills Astra, Sol, Luna, Aegis.

Ike with Aether

Titania with Counter, plus chance of getting galeforce for being female.

DLC

Ike again for Aether, plus Sol and Luna, making him a difficult unit to defeat.

Ephraim, Conquest

Katarina for Shadowgift and rally

Edited by Ganhur

I got whoever has rightful king, then the whitewing sisters. Ike is fun with Aether too.

Celica is fun if you like to play with gimmick, Celica's gale + Rightful King + Lethality + Armsthrift

Jaffar also have Galeforce.

Zephiel have conqueror if you like it.

Spotpass Ike is far better than the DLC Version.

Spotpass!Pr. Marth have all the Dual + skills.

Yeah, King Marth looks pretty cool.

Well, we don't have our spotpass Galzus either...

Edited by TendaSlime

You would think Joshua would be a spot pass character for Sacred Stones, And if he were one the spotpass would have a royal from each country in the game.

On the topic of weird Spotpass things, IIRC Dagdar is the only default "fighter" (he's a warrior) Spotpass character.

Really, you should decide on who you want based on the skills you're looking for. Some of the SpotPass units have some pretty exclusive skills. For example:

Ike has Aether (Great Lord-only skill)

Zephiel has Conquest (Conqueror-only skill)

Ephraim and King Marth have Rightful King (Great Lord-only skill)

Seth has Lancefaire (Falcon Knight-only skill)

Prince Marth and Sigurd have Dual Support+ (Valkyrie-only skill)

Titania has Counter (Warrior-only skill)

Jaffar, Jamke, and Camus have Galeforce (Dark Flier-only skill)

Sadly, no other units except DLC!Micaiah have Shadowgift. And sure, you'll have trouble recruiting them if you try to fight them, but I daresay it'll be worth it.

Edited by Karaszure

Really, you should decide on who you want based on the skills you're looking for. Some of the SpotPass units have some pretty exclusive skills. For example:

Ike has Aether (Great Lord-only skill)

Zephiel has Conquest (Conqueror-only skill)

Ephraim and King Marth have Rightful King (Great Lord-only skill)

Seth has Lancefaire (Falcon Knight-only skill)

Prince Marth and Sigurd have Dual Support+ (Valkyrie-only skill)

Titania has Counter (Warrior-only skill)

Jaffar, Jamke, and Camus have Galeforce (Dark Flier-only skill)

Sadly, no other units except DLC!Micaiah have Shadowgift. And sure, you'll have trouble recruiting them if you try to fight them, but I daresay it'll be worth it.

DLC!Katarina has Shadowgift, just saying.

TSON is easy if you know what you're doing, even on classic.

If you have limit break I guess.

Sigh*... To have DLC... It must be nice

I guess I got the supreme emblem ending and the katarina one swapped in my haste, I think the first of the two is slightly more challenging.