Some question against older FE

Nicolas

Hi!

So, I want to know some things about older Fire Emblem game especially this released on SNES.

1. Game-play is as good as in FE on GBA?
  2. How good is translation?
  3. This games is( I hope so) harder than games on GBA?
  4. Is storyline and support conversation boring?
  5. Is one class/weapon destroy in-game balance?

Thanks in advance.

1. Matters of Opinion. Personally I found GBA FE rather well done despite its lack of mechanics and being relatively barebones compared to the SNES games

2. 3 is pretty fine, while 4 and 5 is troublesome to say the least. You can et the insights of the story, but there are some graphic and ending mess ups on the translations. In particular I read around that FE4 translation has some out of context translations. All in all, its pretty fine

3. 3 is really easy compared to GBAFE, 4 is different, but overall pretty easy. 5 is mildly challenging and rather different compared to the rest of the series. And just in case, 1 is the easiest in the series IMHO

4. Depending on your perception. Many players find them boring thanks to lack of in game dialogue most of the time and lack of support convo. Personally, I liked the story of FE3, Part 1 of FE4, and FE5

5. For FE3, its pretty much a standard FE fair, as in Mounts and Flying dominate everything, although there are some foot units that is extremely OP. This is pretty notable thanks to the indoors dismount feature of FE3.

Mounts and Swords dominates FE4(theres a particular mounted unit who basically broke the game) while FE5 is usually called Staves vs Staves combat IIRC

IIRC Swords is pretty amazing in the SNES era thanks to cool swords and weight system in general

I'd forget about FE3 and go with FE12 instead if you were/are thinking of playing it.

You get better gameplay, varying difficulty modes and support conversations. Plus a superior translation.

A fair warning: My Unit/Avatar destroys the game balance.

My Unit got nothing on FE3 Kain, Catria, and Palla

And SSS

Also, yeah FE12 Translation is better and it has varying difficulty modes which is pretty cool. If you can stand the evasion calculation of DSFE, its pretty good

One thing that I forgot to mention is the fact that FE3 does not allow you to skip dialogue before reading it before, and did not allow you to hold A for quick dialogue reading. So, yeah its pretty tedious to play

Edited by JSND

OK, thanks, but I have one question more: which old game I should beat first?

FE4 is really interresting, so I'll suggest it. FE2 if you don't minf the graphism too much.

FE2 is closer to the traditionnal RPGs (non-breakable weapons, ability to walk in villages). This si a game who have really defined bad and good units. Dread Knight break the game. Bow Knight are one of the best class, but the ones you obtain are pretty bad.

Hi!

So, I want to know some things about older Fire Emblem game especially this released on SNES.

Thanks in advance.

1) Some might think the gameplay is even better in some spots for FE5. Quite the unique mechanics it has going for it.

2) Not the greatest... Depends upon the one you get. But, enough to be able to play the game and understand what is going on.

3) Yes. Depending upon the one you get. FE5 is upper there as one of the hardest. FE1,3 is a bit laughable to be honest. FE2, 4 are alright.

4) Its very limited yes, so do not expect too much out of it. But, FE4/5 is better.

5) You really only find this one weapon destruction on FE4. Holy Weapons are stupid good.

Edited by Vorena

Can I just say: FE2 has a complete (and very good) translation. It's very weird and different when compared to the rest of the series but I'd say well worth playing if you have a little patience, it had some really interesting ideas and mechanics.