Lets Make a Class Tier List! (Spoilers in today's Poll!Apotheosis+Endgame)

Saint

When you hear these classes, what do you think?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grandmaster

• The best of the best!
    • the best of the pretty good classes!
    • Pretty good
    • i wouldnt count on it to get the job done...
    • Never to be used!
  2. 2. [SPOILER] Grima(Final Boss)

• The best of the best! (And toughest of the tough...)
    • Pretty hard to beat
    • i wouldnt count on it to get the job done... (If I had it)
    • Never to be used! I mopped the floor with him, easy!
  3. 3. Soldier

• The best of the best!
    • Pretty good
    • Never to be used!
  4. 4. [SPOILER]Merchant (Apotheosis)

• The strongest one's name!
    • the best of the pretty good bosses!
    • Not too tough, not too weak...
    • Disappointing to fight!
    • So weak, she's not worth the fight!
  5. 5. Merchant (Not Apotheosis)

• The best of the best!
    • Pretty good
    • Never to be used!

And the award for the only one who voted Gross! to Dark Mage/Sorc goes to me

As good as Naga? Hell no. Not the way to describe their goodness. I think it should be as godly as Grima instead.

The Cavs are pretty darn good. They give good skills, and Paladin is well-balanced.

Edited by Noire

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the award for the only one who voted Gross! to Dark Mage/Sorc is me

At least you're not biased...

Also is this done by averaging or by just putting people in the tiers that get the most votes?

DM/Sorc - Gross...ly overrated. Hate 'em.

Cavalier - Okay. Not as good in this game as say, 6, 7, or 9, but still good.

Pally - Pretty good. I love me my horsies.

GK - Pretty good. Eh, uses all main weapon types and doesn't afraid of anything.

Dark Mage: Nosferatu/10. Skills aren't so great but who cares because Nosferatu.

Sorceror: Nosferatu/10. Vengeance is just icing on the cake.

Cavalier: As an unpromoted level 1 skill, discipline is amazing. Cavaliers are good like in every game.

Paladin: Defender sucks and Aegis is overrated. Doesn't provide movement, then again it has much. I wouldn't really say "oh Paladin is a great class" though.

Great Knight: Luna is fun, and Dual Guard+ is nice for boosting up that dual guard rate, which isn't usually so high. Also provides movement.

DM/Sorc: pretty good, kinda overhyped though, and while I can see where people are coming from with nosferatu, there are faster ways to beat the game quite reliably than just nosferatanking. It's an option for people who aren't as skilled, though. Probably one of the better nonmounted classes.

Cav: 2 weapons, 7 move, good enough. Discipline is good. Outdoor Fighter not so much.

Paladin: Good fronting due to well-balanced stats and 8 movement, or in the back due to well-balanced pair up bonus distribution due to how support rank additions work. Can't really go wrong either way.

Great Knight: Also good front or back. Might want a speedy support if need a bit of push to double since slow as fuck, but hell, 7 move tank with WTC? sign me up. Doesn't give as well-rounded supports as Paladin if in the back, but is great for fixing weak/squishy-but-fast units with its massive str/def bonuses. Also gives movement. I really like movement.

Edited by Thor Odinson

DM/Sorc: pretty good, kinda overhyped though, and while I can see where people are coming from with nosferatu, there are faster ways to beat the game quite reliably than just nosferatanking. It's an option for people who aren't as skilled, though. Probably one of the better nonmounted classes.

none of them rely on axes long-term though :smug:

You know sometimes you really don't need to make snide remarks everywhere, it's getting irritating as fuck

Just because I know how to doesn't mean I want to

I know, I know

wait a sec, where's Dark Knight in this poll anyway

Like what? Nosferatu is just; "Get the speed to double and equip" considering that tonics are easy and pair ups are easy that's not a problem.

Now that tomes don't weigh anything, dark mages are awesome. Hex and Anathema fix their accuracy woes, and they basically do everything better than mages. While Nosferatu is most talked-about tome in the dark mage's arsenal, Waste and Mire are also incredibly powerful tools at their disposal, and of course they can use all the regular tomes. You definitely want people who are able to hit res in the latter half of the game with generals running around everywhere. Sorcerers also don't get any total junk skills either. Their one weakness, Tomebreaker, is mitigated by having Tomebreaker for themselves since no enemy in the main game who isn't a Sorcerer will have Tomebreaker as a skill. Some people may say they're overhyped, but I think it's just because they're one of the easiest classes to use and that shouldn't count against them.

Cavaliers have one of the best training skills, Discipline, and Outdoor Battle is alright too. Being one of the few 1st tier classes with dual weapons is a point in their favour too. Honestly they're one of the best 1st tier classes as well. They also give good all-around pair-up bonuses. They're not game-breaking but honestly I find them better than Lords and often reclass Chrom and Lucina into cavs so they can get lance rank built up.

Paladins. I almost want to call them godly but their speed cap is a little low, but they have a very good resistance base, something that most natural cavs want. Aegis is also a good skill to have, even if Defender is underwhelming. Pretty good, I prefer them to Great Knights if only because their caps are more balanced and I'm a speed freak. But...

Great Knights. Weapon triangle domination. Luna. They're held back a little by poor speed caps and low res and dual weaknesses attributed to being beast/armor class, but they have a lot going for them. Because it's available to both cavs and knights, this class has fairly good distribution. Pretty good, though I don't find them to a long-term class.

Like having more movement

Everything's either rout or kill boss. Sorcs have 6 move.

So your talking as in turns? irl time matters more to me... and Sorcerers are pretty great at not requiring any upkeep at all. (except for buying new tomes!)

So your talking as in turns? irl time matters more to me... and Sorcerers are pretty great at not requiring any upkeep at all. (except for buying new tomes!)

I suspect Galeforce clears are still faster counting by time, not to mention rescue spamming

I suspect Galeforce clears are still faster counting by time, not to mention rescue spamming

Galeforce comes later than Nosferatu and doesn't give invincibility... also Waste and Mire are both pretty OP and Ruin can be used to great effect.

Turns mainly, but it takes longer to move sorc across the map to boss in case of bosskill as well depending on size of map and range of rescue user

even in rout maps, being able to move up more (slightly) speeds up the map

Turns mainly, but it takes longer to move sorc across the map to boss in case of bosskill as well depending on size of map and range of rescue user

Mire. Or Mire + Galeforce and switch to Nosferatu/Aversa's Night in the thick of enemies. In Nah's map Mire saves the most turns out of anything, Galeforce included.

Mire due to lack of doubling sometimes may require a crit to kill. Not sure how high you can stack crit rates to on something unforgable? I've been able to get it to ~45 highest so far but that's with a streetpass MU so I suspect it's probably a bit higher than that.

I'm not a fan of crit rigging.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Mire. Or Mire + Galeforce and switch to Nosferatu/Aversa's Night in the thick of enemies. In Nah's map Mire saves the most turns out of anything, Galeforce included.

one map vs however many bosskill maps, seeing as how Mire can't double, proc dual attacks, and you're probably too far away to crit consistently

i doubt im alone in thinking darkknights are better than sorcerors, they have better speed, concrete durability (which mitigates the need for nosferatu) and movement, and they provide movement themselves. Sure slow burn is a pretty shitty skill, but with their combination of durability and movement, there's really no need for nosfertanking in the first place.

edit: sorcerors don't really need nosferatu anyway in the first place unless you're lunaticing anyway, unless they're like Miriel or someone naturally squishy

Edited by General Horace

The MT on Mire is still very high and if Olivia hasn't been reclassed, she can dance for a sorcerer, or you can use multiple sorcerers with Mire to take down any bosses. It's a very effective strategy and it's not "just one map", because the latter half of the game is rife with boss kill maps. Crit rigging is not necessary by any stretch.

The MT on Mire is still very high and if Olivia hasn't been reclassed, she can dance for a sorcerer, or you can use multiple sorcerers with Mire to take down any bosses. It's a very effective strategy and it's not "just one map", because the latter half of the game is rife with boss kill maps. Crit rigging is not necessary by any stretch.

so high it's tied with Arcthunder, and has worse hit?

I don't even think someone like Tharja can reliably hit fast bosses, because her avoid-reducing skills don't reach across the map

(also what Horace said, Dark Knights can beat them outright)