Questions about terrain

Siruppercut

How can you tell the terrain type of each map? I looked at the topic Sea Fighter and terrain. Saw a post about chapter 6 and 24 being Sea Fighting maps.

Example say you have Plains Fighter skill. Does the bonus apply only to Plains Fighting maps or any tiles of the map that says plains?

How can you tell the terrain type of each map? I looked at the topic Sea Fighter and terrain. Saw a post about chapter 6 and 24 being Sea Fighting maps.

Example say you have Plains Fighter skill. Does the bonus apply only to Plains Fighting maps or any tiles of the map that says plains?

I believe its only on the maps identified as Plains maps. It's been awhile since I played I'm afraid so I forgot how to identify the maps themselves ^^;. I'd assume though it's pretty obvious what type of maps are which considering there is alot of certain terrains on certain maps in TRS.

http://www.serenesforest.net/ts/ skill list on here should help.

Basically it's a bonus that is there for the duration on the map. Even if there's a river or a mountain in a plains map, you'll get +1 movement if you have Plains Fighter.

Initially I thought it would make it easier to cross certain terrain (my favorite example was trying to give Leonheart the Sea Fighter skill and have him walk on water because he's Jesus on a horse), but that's definitely not it.

In terms of utility, Frontier is by far the most useful since there's a lot of Frontier maps, covers both desert and volcanic areas, and lets you not take damage from lava/acid/damaging floors, though the latter may be useful in combination with Life or Death.

Following that, City fighter is quite nice for both actual city maps and indoor buildings of all kinds. Sea is pretty great on Holmes' route, while Runan has a couple of river maps where this may be useful. Finally, Plains has some utility midgame around Selba, Forest is mostly used near Salia (18, 19, 23) and Racquel's recruitment chapter and Mountain only has Taurus (2, 11) and the Aerial Caves (Encounters before 20).

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Basically it's a bonus that is there for the duration on the map. Even if there's a river or a mountain in a plains map, you'll get +1 movement if you have Plains Fighter.

Initially I thought it would make it easier to cross certain terrain (my favorite example was trying to give Leonheart the Sea Fighter skill and have him walk on water because he's Jesus on a horse), but that's definitely not it.

In terms of utility, Frontier is by far the most useful since there's a lot of Frontier maps, covers both desert and volcanic areas, and lets you not take damage from lava/acid/damaging floors, though the latter may be useful in combination with Life or Death.

Following that, City fighter is quite nice for both actual city maps and indoor buildings of all kinds. Sea is pretty great on Holmes' route, while Runan has a couple of river maps where this may be useful. Finally, Plains has some utility midgame around Selba, Forest is mostly used near Salia (18, 19, 23) and Racquel's recruitment chapter and Mountain only has Taurus (2, 11) and the Aerial Caves (Encounters before 20).

Thanks for the quick reply. Just the answers I was looking for.