Sumia is underrated

Chiki

Yes. I guess Sumia is underrated.

But is it really because she arrived weak?

Uh.

Doesn't nearly everyone arrive weak at the BEGINNING of a Fire Emblem game?

I still don't get people's logic with that.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't done an efficient Hard mode playthrough at all, how can you be forming an argument about this? That's what confuses me.

Not everyone plays the game for efficiency however. My first playthough of the game in both Normal/Classic and Hard/Casual were, essentially my efficiency playthroughs, but for the others - like the one I'm on now - I just play around.

I formed an argument because people seem to be saying I should be using Sumia in earlygame anyway even though I play normal mode.

.... When did anyone ever say that?

Oh wait, "seem to be"

Remember what I said about jumping to conclusions?

Not everyone plays the game for efficiency however. My first playthough of the game in both Normal/Classic and Hard/Casual were, essentially my efficiency playthroughs, but for the others - like the one I'm on now - I just play around.

This thread is addressed to the people who do.

.... When did anyone ever say that?

Oh wait, "seem to be"

Remember what I said about jumping to conclusions?

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm interpreting what people say. Incorrectly, apparently. But it isn't easy to get what people mean online sometimes...

Sumia is very good, especially on the higher difficulties, but I'd hardly say she is better than everyone except Avatar no matter what difficulty you are playing on. I agree that Sumia is better than Sully, but I also think that Sumia vs. Cordelia would be a much better and more relevant debate. It would also be easier to gauge since less variables are involved.

This would definitely be a better argument, since Sumia and Cordelia have nearly identical roles on the team, but are separated by availability/supports/statistics. Sully v. Sumia is one poisoned from the beginning by the assumed supports, if nothing else.

But this thread isn't really about Sumia v. Sully anyway. This thread is about 1) wanting to make a tier list argument without putting it in the tier list thread, 2) getting to be the center of attention, and 3) tweaking the casuals who dare question efficiency standards. Real talk.

Well.. Sumia's gonna be married to Frederick by the time she comes, so the debate doesn't even exist. She has superior availability, supports and stats overall by the time Cordelia comes.

Sumia is probably better, but it's a fight. Cordelia doesn't enter the battle naked, you know. Her team doesn't have a train a Pegasus Knight, and she herself is more flexible in terms of fitting into a team. Edited by Interceptor

Why is this so important to you?

Going off topic, well done. And I want a good discussion. What's wrong with that? Why go on this forum at all if not for that?

Uh.

Doesn't nearly everyone arrive weak at the BEGINNING of a Fire Emblem game?

I still don't get people's logic with that.

Well. some of them not.

Like, the Lords?

But most of the best FE characters need a lot of training, so..

Well. some of them not.

Like, the Lords?

But most of the best FE characters need a lot of training, so..

Eliwood starts off pretty bad, for example. I said most units at the beginning of an FE game have a bit of a rough start.

Going off topic, well done.

Anything to avoid the question, eh? It's hardly off-topic, it's just addressing a piece of the topic you don't care to answer. I am, after all, asking about a specific part of your opinion regarding the statement "Sumia is underrated."

Discussion is all fine and cool, but the whole Galeforce debacle was so recent and you already feel like doing this? Yeah, yeah, you say Galeforce isn't as significant here, but if Sumia didn't have the skill, I really doubt this topic would be here. The OP looks more like you laying down the law than looking for discussion.

Anything to avoid the question, eh? It's hardly off-topic, it's just addressing a piece of the topic you don't care to answer. I am, after all, asking about a specific part of your opinion regarding the statement "Sumia is underrated."

Discussion is all fine and cool, but the whole Galeforce debacle was so recent and you already feel like doing this? Yeah, yeah, you say Galeforce isn't as significant here, but if Sumia didn't have the skill, I really doubt this topic would be here. The OP looks more like you laying down the law than looking for discussion.

You quoted the part of the post where I said you're going off topic, and didn't even quote the part where I replied to you!

Second bolded part. Read the OP. I bring up chapter-by-chapter examples in which Sumia is useful. No one else has brought up Galeforce in this thread.

Edited by Chiki

You quoted the part of the post where I said you're going off topic, and didn't even quote the part where I replied to you!

That didn't look like a response to my question, just an excuse for making the topic.

Second bolded part. Read the OP. I bring up chapter-by-chapter examples in which Sumia is useful. No one else has brought up Galeforce in this thread.

Irrelevant.

That didn't look like a response to my question, just an excuse for making the topic.

Irrelevant.

You're derailing my thread. It's important to me for the same reason as it's important to this person. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39908

Can we get back on discussion, please? What do you guys think about Sumia?

Edited by Chiki

To be honest I probably didn't acknowledge her mobility enough considering how 99% of the game's first part is full of trees, rivers and sand

I think I was simply overshadowing her because Cordelia always seemed to grow more strength for me, and to me that made her more appealing in the rest of that part

Oh well, that's me being airheaded again

To be honest I probably didn't acknowledge her mobility enough considering how 99% of the game's first part is full of trees, rivers and sand

I think I was simply overshadowing her because Cordelia always seemed to grow more strength for me, and to me that made her more appealing in the rest of that part

Oh well, that's me being airheaded again

You'd be surprised at how strong Sumia is when Cordelia comes in, thanks to a Frederick support. She can ORKO a lot more than Cordelia does with the high Dual Attack chances.

You're derailing my thread. It's important to me for the same reason as it's important to this person. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39908

Considering this line of conversation is happening only between the two of us and you can still just as easily respond to others, no, I am not "derailing" anything. Stop trying to avoid the question with such a farce.

And I'd like to hear in your own words. There has to be more than "Oh, I just like discussion," especially since most people rated her 8+ in the RTU just yesterday.

Can we get back on discussion, please? What do you guys think about Sumia?

I think Sumia is pretty cool but her low durability and Strength force me to hold her back more than I'd like to.

You'd be surprised at how strong Sumia is when Cordelia comes in, thanks to a Frederick support. She can ORKO a lot more than Cordelia does with the high Dual Attack chances.

The highest Sumia could get is an A support with Frederick, but practically a B support by the chapter after Cordelia appears in, seeing as how quickly you can beat those chapters, the amount of supports you can get is pretty limited.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm actually LTC'ing this right now just to make sure.

The highest Sumia could get is an A support with Frederick, but practically a B support by the chapter after Cordelia appears in, seeing as how quickly you can beat those chapters, the amount of supports you can get is pretty limited.

Unless you grind, which I doubt most people do in these sort-of playthroughs.

Considering this line of conversation is happening only between the two of us and you can still just as easily respond to others, no, I am not "derailing" anything. Stop trying to avoid the question with such a farce.

And I'd like to hear in your own words. There has to be more than "Oh, I just like discussion," especially since most people rated her 8+ in the RTU just yesterday.

I think Sumia is pretty cool but her low durability and Strength force me to hold her back more than I'd like to.

I can reply to others at the same time, certainly. The definition of going off-topic according to the Code of Conduct is as follows:

Do not derail threads. Our definition of derailing a thread consists of going off-topic for 3 or more posts.

This says nothing about being able to reply to other people at the same time.

Fire Emblem is something I'm passionate about, just as you are, for the same reason that others are passionate about games like football. That's why it's important to me.

LTCing how? I find it hard to believe Sumia won't have an A support by the time Chapter 8 comes up. You have 5 chapters to get that support in.

I can reply to others at the same time, certainly. The definition of going off-topic according to the Code of Conduct is as follows:

This says nothing about being able to reply to other people at the same time.

Fire Emblem is something I'm passionate about, just as you are, for the same reason that others are passionate about games like football. That's why it's important to me.

LTCing how? I find it hard to believe Sumia won't have an A support by the time Chapter 8 comes up. You have 5 chapters to get that support in.

Cordelia actually joins in chapter 7... so 4 chapters instead of 5.

Edited by Vashiane

Cordelia actually joins in chapter 7... so 4 chapters instead of 5.

In an efficiency playthrough, Cordelia probably won't be seeing much use as the map will likely end at around turn 3 (this isn't even as going as fast as possible).