Chrom/Lucina with lances?

Knife

Ranged weapons, more damage, and weapon triangle dominance. So, yeah. Also the animations look cool. Lucina's 2nd hit with aether while using lances looks kinda weird though..

When is there not a point to having an extra weapon type? At the very least it provides more weapon triangle control.

As a technicality I'll bring up Crossbows because they're so useless and warriors can use them in FE10. /shrug

Ranged weapons, more damage, and weapon triangle dominance. So, yeah. Also the animations look cool. Lucina's 2nd hit with aether while using lances looks kinda weird though..

but that's why it's awesome

Javelins! Beast Killer! (Go ahead and mention 5 mt Rapiers, lol.)

Also, Lucina is not ever getting to A for Brave unless she goes cav. But this topic is obv assuming a secondary for Great Lord, so just get them to D, then stop worrying about it.

Edited by Inference

Also, Lucina is not ever getting to A for Brave, lol.

Oh, mine was. Using javelins and spamming Aether to tank the shit out of everything kinda does that.

(And yes, that was on Lunatic.)

Sain-Portrait.png The lance is more heroic. A knight should look heroic, don't you think?

This right here.

I think the critical with the lance looks cooler, especially with Lucina, plus it's more fun to use lances than the Falchion.

I think people have summed up the main benefits nicely. I think you might be in the mindset of "I have (Parallel) Falchion, why bother?" Well, Parallel Falchion I can definitely grant you is a great weapon - infinite uses, stronger than a silver sword and two effective bonuses. That's why Lucina rarely gets above Javelin level, I find, because she spends 90% of her time with Parallel Falchion out. Original Falchion though only has infinite uses and effective bonus, really. It's a good weapon against Wyverns, and... that's it. Otherwise, it's basically an infinite use Iron Sword. Chrom is quite happy to train Lance rank up. Especially as you might make him a Cavalier at some point, and get Discipline. Exalted Falchion? Comes too late to really matter. It's good for final boss killing, but that's about it.

One thing I like doing is giving Chrom a Spear and having him throw stuff at people. It always makes me feel better. I don't know why, but it does.