The Great Knight helmet.

Crixler

I've seen a lot of people comment on the great knight helmet being ridiculous. And I've always thought so, too.

But then I saw this article:

http://io9.com/the-weirdest-and-fiercest-helmets-from-the-age-of-armor-510686611

The second helmet in the article is pretty much the same as the Awakening great knight helmet. o.O

Thought you guys might find that interesting. lol.

wait I'm a sort-of history buff, how did I not know this

Ah yes the Stechhelm. No idea why everyone thought they were strange. Maybe they just aren't history buffs like I

History buff tier list:

Jedi first

Shadykid second

I'd wear it, that's for sure.

Next FE should have that one. Even if it a DLC class, I'll buy it for sure. Or we can have a gentleman character that wpuld like to stay classy fabulous in battle.

Wait, how the hell can someone see out of the Stechhelm? The slit for the eyes is like 1/10th of the way down the top of the helmet. Human eyes are located directly in the middle of the head (From top to bottom).

Wait, how the hell can someone see out of the Stechhelm? The slit for the eyes is like 1/10th of the way down the top of the helmet. Human eyes are located directly in the middle of the head (From top to bottom).

It's for horseback so I imagine they're arched forward a bit.

Dos Equis guy for FE14!

"No gentleman should stained by blood" is effectively his quote.

I wondered that too. Beside Stechelm that used by frontline knight, the rest are being used by commander or royalty that hardly fight frontal combat without being guarded, so their limited eyesight shouldn't be a problem. In the case of Stechhelm, yes they were designed for cavalry. Well. they dead anyway if they fall of their horses with such heavy armor.

I don't claim to know the specifics or effectiveness of that stuff. Maybe they just remove it when off the horse and there's another helmet under? *shrug*

Damned! Maximum effectiveness! Does that mean Great Knight wear another helmet under it?

Damned! Maximum effectiveness! Does that mean Great Knight wear another helmet under it?

Yup, that sentence still makes sense(I think. I suddenly forgot what it was), but It's a bit confusing. Why wear one helmet when you can wear two?

Wait, when do Great Knights ever wear helmets in Awakening? None of my Great Knights have helmets on their battle models, not even Morgan (though his sprite does). :/

Wait, when do Great Knights ever wear helmets in Awakening? None of my Great Knights have helmets on their battle models, not even Morgan (though his sprite does). :/

the generic enemy portrait does

Probably to protect them from being lanced in the face :awesome:

I did wonder the same thing, tough.

Ah yes the Stechhelm. No idea why everyone thought they were strange. Maybe they just aren't history buffs like I

I didn't think it's strange and I know about them. Call me a history buff, then :awesome:

Maybe it's just because I'm in love in medieval era, tough.

It's for horseback so I imagine they're arched forward a bit.

It seems like it would be easy enough to see out of if you're hunched over and charging, assuming there's enough space to move your head up inside it. Something tighter might restrict that.