Spriting Series Round 1: Summer Beach Party

Lenh

It is summer-time*, and also time to kick off the first round of spriting challenges! Beginning with a traditional theme...

Round 1

Mug Challenge: Sprite your OC or an official mug in summertime wear~

Battle Sprite Challenge: Sprite a unit that looks like it would belong on the beach~

Submission Guidelines:

-PM entries to me by the deadline, and specify whether you want to remain anonymous or have your entry attributed to you.

-Keep entries within the usual spriting guidelines for mugs and battlesprites.

-If something is excessively large I may request a thumbnail to display as an image link to the full entry.

Deadline: All entries should be submitted by Sunday, June 30th.

Feel free to use the contest thread for WIPs, ideas, personal challenges, etc related to the contest, and have fun!

--------------------

* for the Northern hemisphere, Southern Hemispherians are invited too

Edited by Lenh

Deadline: All entries should be submitted by Saturday, June 15th. Entries will be displayed within this thread on the 16th, and voting (if there are more than 2 attributed entries) will take place over that week.

I believe the deadline is June 15th, not July 15th, Seph. ;D

Though I agree that that seems like not enough time.

Whoops, it's supposed to be June. Fixed + ty Seph~ ^^

@eclipse & eCut: 3 weeks is a little too much time left open for something that's supposed to be an easy job. Splice contests have a 1-week timespan so I'm basing it off that, and if it ends up being too short for enough people I'll go ahead and extend it on request.

[Edit: ninja'd by eCut]

Edited by Lenh

Next thing you know I submit my sprite before I even start it

I mentioned the time thing because this is when families start going on vacation. If you think it's fine, I won't push the point. I'll try to get something out, but I can't stare at a computer screen for too long.

We'll see how this round goes with the current deadline. If enough people end up wanting to invest the time on this theme, the deadline can be extended 1~2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

For various reasons, I'm extending the deadline to June 30th and scrapping the marathon idea. Hopefully that should be enough time for everyone and no one is disappointed about the slower pace. ^^;

The reward for entering is just going to be a chance to choose the next month's theme, same as the Collaboration Experiment. ('Winner' is randomly selected and has two days to respond with a theme, otherwise I'll start the next month with a random idea from the current idea pool.)

• 2 weeks later...