5. 5. Duel Strike+ or Duel Guard+?

• Duel Strike+
    • Duel Guard+
    • Neither

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

086.pngConquest: Negates user's beast.png (beast) and armour.png (armour) type weaknesses. Conqueror Lv. 1

099.pngIote's Shield: Negates user's flying.png (flying) type weakness. Iote's shield item.

*Note* Availability is nil for this argument, as conquest is seriously limited in who can use it against Iote's perfect availability.

-

I vote for Iote's shield, mostly because bow users get very annoying against fliers, who generally don't have the bulk to take the hit. Conquest does cover more weaknesses, but you just don't see those being exploited as much.

Iote's is a must for Fliers on Streetpass Teams, but other than that, Iote's is kinda bad because fliers shouldn't be getting hit by Archers.

Conquest is downright useless and has bad availability.

My vote goes to Iote's.

(Also I changed my vote on Aggressor/Faire. When I really think about it, I do way more damage on the EP anyways, so Aggressor isn't that useful, 10 x 2 = 20, but 5 x 8 is 40.)

Generally, Fliers will avoid the damages, when Zrmour will have more difficulty. It helps Wallahart and Great Knight to be true defensive class.

In the other hands, you will see flying effective item more often...
Both aren't that great honnestly...

Iote"s shield as i use a lot of Fliers, and walhart is one of a small amount of units that have access to conquest. The units with conquest tend to not take much damage from their weakness when i use them due to their high defenses.

I really wish I had Iote's Shield during my Lunatic nogrind run because Panne was facing 71 damage high hit rexcaliburs lategame and that limits her range since I had to keep her the fuck away from rexcalibur fucks if she can't ohko them on player phase

vs I didn't really have much issues with my two GKs and effective weapons, their defense is so high they don't really care anyway (not that they can ever get conquest, but even theoretically if they could it wouldn't have been useful)

so yeah Iote has my vote

Edited by Thor Odinson

Generally, Fliers will avoid the damages, when Zrmour will have more difficulty. It helps Wallahart and Great Knight to be true defensive class.

In the other hands, you will see flying effective item more often...

Both aren't that great honnestly...

I'd disagree on that since snipers are pretty darn accurate, and they tend to have skills that boost their hit. Assassins and bow knights are also rather accurate, and wind magic as well.

I'd disagree on that since snipers are pretty darn accurate, and they tend to have skills that boost their hit. Assassins and bow knights are also rather accurate, and wind magic as well.

Different kind of Avoid. Fliers shouldn't be getting reached by Snipers/etc. Placement, Placement, Placement.

Can we do Tomebreaker vs Res +10 next? That might be interesting.

That's an interesting idea. I might do that in 2 or so rounds.

042.pngMovement+1: Movement+1. Thief Lv. 10

057.pngDeliverer: Movement +2 when paired up. Griffon Rider Lv. 5

-

I'd say deliverer, mostly because a lot of the time characters are going to be paired up, so this tends to give a higher boost.

You can get pretty high movement if you combine these: 8(base)+2(boots)+2(deliverer)+1(pairup bonus)+1(rally movement)+1(movement+1) for a supposed cap of 15 movement.

That's an interesting idea. I might do that in 2 or so rounds.

042.pngMovement+1: Movement+1. Thief Lv. 10

057.pngDeliverer: Movement +2 when paired up. Griffon Rider Lv. 5

-

I'd say deliverer, mostly because a lot of the time characters are going to be paired up, so this tends to give a higher boost.

You can get pretty high movement if you combine these: 8(base)+2(boots)+2(deliverer)+1(pairup bonus)+1(rally movement)+1(movement+1) for a supposed cap of 15 movement.

You forgot a point:

8(base) +2 (boots) +2 (Deliverer) +1(Pairup) +1 (Rally Movement) + 1 (Rally Heart) +1 (Move+1) for 16.

+16 Galeforce and having the support do the same combo, +16 for a double Galeforce, and another 16 with a dance.

Moving 64 in 1 turn.

Anyways, not a fair comparison. It's like Limit Breaker vs. Galeforce. (citing the stupidity of GameFAQs that lead to that getting polled)

You forgot a point:

8(base) +2 (boots) +2 (Deliverer) +1(Pairup) +1 (Rally Movement) + 1 (Rally Heart) +1 (Move+1) for 16.

+16 Galeforce and having the support do the same combo, +16 for a double Galeforce, and another 16 with a dance.

Moving 64 in 1 turn.

Anyways, not a fair comparison. It's like Limit Breaker vs. Galeforce. (citing the stupidity of GameFAQs that lead to that getting polled)

-16 from dance, and +48 for rescue. Maybe a chain of max move circle.

Feels like there's space shuttle in fire emblem.

Hold on, is that the max rescue range?

max Mag = 48 Ricken!Noire!Valkyrie!Morgan + 10 Limit Break + 2 [All Stats+2] + 2 [Mag+2] + 1 Defender + 5 Tomefaire + 5 Valflame + 8 A-rank Dark Flier pair up + 2 tonic + 4 Barracks + 10 rally = 97

max Mag / 2 = 48

Well I'll be damned. I guess technically due to the warp landing on a tile next to the rescuer, it could add 2 extra squares relative to the starting position, for a max of 50.

Working Special Dance in there somewhere would add an extra 2 Mag too

Edited by Meteor