Choose Your Own Character Anonymafia: D3 - Ends 6/15 at 0000 GMT-6

Elieson

Okay there was a misunderstanding or something so disregard the portion in italics. The rest is still valid. Playing a LoL game after making a 20 minute self-hammer threat, when a game of LoL normally takes like 45 minutes is, even if true, a questionable decision.

Alright, Ovan, you said that you unvoted Leknaat because you wanted to get subbed out. So if that hadn't been the case, would you still be voting for him? What's your current read on Leknaat? And what are your reads other than that and R2D2? You base your R2D2 read on one post that could be construed as RVS, and don't try to update it in any way with R2D2's non-RVS post, which I dislike. I see no attempt from you to analyze that post, which doesn't make sense considering R2D2 is one of your only scumreads. All you said about it is that it came at a convenient time.

To be specific I said I'd self hammer in like 20 minutes. Then I was talking to my brother and friends and stuff happened so I was having fun with them. Me self-hammering wouldn't have to be in exactly 20 minutes. I mean if I legit wanted to self-hammer I would have just done it in the first place.

I'm iffy on my read with Leknaat and I don't like R2D2 because R2D2 has done absolutely nothing all game. A whopping three posts, one each day, with RVS being the first post and the second post being null and void of any real content making the third post the only one that, in my opinion, really mattered. And even then so far all they've done is vote silent swordsman, explain the reasoning, and vote joey with the reasoning for that. He hasn't really commented on anything else that has happened except for about one sentence wrt to Suzaku which said "While I didn't agree with Suzaku, using bullets or numbers or such things is in fact a way to make your posts seem like they have more content than they actually do, which is something that scum will usually try to do." There has been plenty else for him to comment on, specifically stuff involving me and around me. I find it wierd that R2D2 hasn't actually commented on whether he thinks myself or Suzaku, the top two candidates for lynches today are scum or not.

Why has he been ignoring the top two lynch candidates?

Back to Leknaat, I still don't like him but it's not as bad as it originally was. I'd say Suzaku's wierd vote hop onto me has put him in a worse plce than Leknaat. And I still don't like Szeth who has done nothing except press Suzaku mainly. He also hasn't said anything about anyone else and has even barely mentioned me.

So I guess my scum reads at the moment would be something like:

R2D2 > Suzaku = Szeth > Leknaat

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Madam Flurrie, do you think that Ovan is town or scum? You waffle an affle lot in that post.

Really?

I said in the post that I would vote for him. But if I do vote for him, then he goes to L-1 and he can deliver on his selfhammer threat. I shouldn't need to explain why that's a problem.

So yeah, thinking Ovan is scum in case it wasn't totally apparent.

The point about R2D2 not having said anything about either of the top lynch targets is pretty good actually. I didn't see that. I think your bit against Szeth is a bit of a misrep though, as I remember them pushing me in addition to Suzaku.

Hmm, now I'm not as sure who I want to lynch. I don't think that one good post from Ovan is enough to disregard other stuff but blah. Other people's opinions would be cool.

I don't really like Madam Flurrie's posts by the way. His first post is mainly about Suzaku, but then at the end he chooses not to vote him due to not wanting to put him at L-1. This is okay, but then instead, he chooses to just vote an inactive. The fact that he has nothing else better to say or vote for sort of irks me. His latest post was very waffly and confusing and didn't really say in the end whether he thought Ovan was town or scum.

Holy cow you guys post a lot.

Reading Ovan's latest posts as natural frustration, though it's not helping me get a better read because lolusing emotions as a scumtell.

##Unvote: Tibarn

Prod vote is now useless because he notified mod.

Though his threat about selfhammering really bothers me due to how much the darling is raging. If you're legit troubled in your life endeavors, then chill out and wait for your sub. All you're doing, Ovan darling, is working yourself up.

But the selfhammer is like so incredibly anti town that it's actually work for me not to vote for you so that you can't selfhammer.

You also said that you can't get a better read on him because his latest posts were frustrated. From what I can see, your scumread on him stems from you disliking the self-hammer threat. But you also say that that comes from him raging/being angry, and you said in the first line that you don't like using emotions as a scumtell. The logic in this post is pretty inconsistent and I don't like it.

Beepbleepbloop

First off, I ended up not talking about Ovan at that point in time because I honestly wasn't sure what I thought about them. I didn't have solid reads on either of the two people because I'd been being bad about keeping up with the thread and so I intended to come back and reread later. However, I ended up getting busy with work and so this is the first real chance I've had to come back and post. Now, though, I've been rereading and here are some thoughts.

Ovan: I have to agree some with Leknaat here. It seems to me that originally Ovan was pushing on Leknaat for a small thing and then continued to not change that read. The interesting thing is though, all of a sudden he seems to have dropped that read to last of his scum reads with little to no reason why. All he says is that his feeling isn't as strong as before. That's not much of an explanation. Then there's the threatening to self-hammer and the massive amount of angry caps appeal to emotions that's going on and I almost want to policy lynch him no matter what. Overall, it seems to me that he's leaning more scummy than town and I would be ok with this lynch.

Now, Suzaku. I'm not 100% sure why he's considered more of a possible lynch target than Joey, but I'll talk about him now anyways since I've made my thoughts on Joey clear.

Or I need to go deliver soup to my grandmother. I'll be back later to continue talking about stuff, I just figured I should post what I had now.

... Did you read what I said?

Why has he been ignoring the top two lynch candidates?

This was Ovan talking about me. I then was going to start talking about Suzaku, and made a comment about why I wasn't sure why he was made such a bigger deal than Joey. I wasn't saying he wasn't important, I wasn't saying he was less important, I just wasn't sure why Ovan was completely treating the Joey wagon like it didn't matter when Joey has as many votes as Suzaku, or at least he did at the last vote count. I was about to start talking about Suzaku when I needed to go leave to take soup to my grandmother. Way to waaaaaaaaaaaay misrep what I said there.

I do dislike the knowledge that Joey has cast suspicion upon both Ovan and Suzaku, who were both being pushed to the front heavily, with little to no mention of others. Joey, what are your thoughts on Silent Swordsman?

With all due respect, milady, there are about five actives in this game of nine.

Silent Swordsman: I feel good about him. I've thought he's been a pretty consistent voice of reason so far, without any sudden or unexplained shifts in mentality. The only instance he pinged me was when Szeth questioned his suspicions of Leknaat on page 3. It seemed like SS lost his cool for a second. I wouldn't call it angry; maybe agitated? At the time, Szeth commented it was an “interesting reaction.” The whole instance wasn't that scummy in itself, but it did trip me up. I like how patiently he talked with Ovan through that whole debacle. It would have been pretty hard to orchestrate that exchange if they were both scum. If Ovan flips red, I think there's a pretty strong associative read here.

Szeth: I don't like Szeth's posting style, i.e. asking a bunch of questions without reads. Pretty sure this is Kay, because it's a pretty distinct style. But whether or not she's Szeth, this isn't indicative of alignment either way. He hasn't done much beside ask questions, so I'd like to hear some reads from him.

Madame Flurrie: Pretty inactive, and I don't like how flippant his tone is. SS summed it up in his last post, but MF has been fence-sitting in his non-RVS posts. It rubs me as an unmotivated scum player. Also MF is totally Rein/bored Manix.

R2D2: I felt like he handwaved my post during his Joey vote, and he totally misrepped Leknaat's roleplaying, just like Suzaku did. Now Ovan's throwing him under the bus, which makes me ???. It sounds like Ovan thinks he's washed up, so a scum!Ovan could try to give R2D2 towncred by going after him. Then again, this would contradict the point I'll make about Suzaku/Ovan in a second (gonna get some lunch), so I don't know. Judging by his last post, he just seems unmotivated and content to gloss over content. Also, R2D2, please reply to Leknaat here.

Tibarn: I commented on his (one) post earlier. He gave notice, so I can wait.

I'll post some more recent observations in a bit; gonna get some lunch.

Now, as I was going to do before, my take on Suzaku.

Honestly? I don't find him that scummy. While some have found his vote on Leknaat to be scummy, I get what he's saying. Using RP to pad your posts can be a very similar thing to using numbers or bullets. It can make it seem like you have more content than you actually have. Note! I'm not saying I find Leknaat to be scummy. In fact, Leknaat is currently my strongest town read. However, I can see how someone could view what Leknaat was doing as a way of padding posts. As such, I'm not viewing Suzaku as scummy for that reason. So if you move past that, he later was able to admit he might be wrong, adapted his views and started to post more views on people. I think his reads are a little lacking, but not to the extent that would make me think he's lurky scum. His thought process seems genuine and not forced and I don't really get the case on him.

Now, lesse with Joey's most recent post:

Well first off, feels a lot like a list post. His read on Szeth is based solely on his posting style and doesn't actually give a read there. His MF comments were a similar thing where he doesn't really backup his reasons for finding MF scummy except for saying that it's like SS said. He then seems to be trying to connect me hard with Ovan, talking about how Ovan's throwing me under the bus and trying to give me towncred. I'm content with leaving my post here for now.

You also said that you can't get a better read on him because his latest posts were frustrated. From what I can see, your scumread on him stems from you disliking the self-hammer threat. But you also say that that comes from him raging/being angry, and you said in the first line that you don't like using emotions as a scumtell. The logic in this post is pretty inconsistent and I don't like it.

You don't need to be frustrated to threaten with a selfhammer.

It's possible that Ovan can calm down and yet still choose to selfhammer.

He's being made a bigger deal than Joey, because while Joey might have the same amount of votes as Suzaku currently, nobody really other than those already voting Joey have expressed a desire to lynch him, whereas Suzaku has been a main point of discussion for the majority of the phase, and I at the least would still be okay with lynching Suzaku. It was wrong of me to say that you were dismissing the case of Suzaku, but it's pretty obvious that not having said anything much about Suzaku is much more important than having said something about Joey, even if they have the same amount of votes.

Also, while I might have misrepresented you, you still didn't answer my question. Did you read what I said about the Joey case? I'd like a response to what I outlined there.

R2D2's, your latest point about Joey is better I think than anything else that's been said about him. However, I don't think you're getting the thing against Suzaku. Yeah, Leknaat's style of posting at the beginning, if you disassociate it completely from the content, could be seen as a way of padding posts. But once you put it back together, there was enough content that the style wasn't padding it by enough. Plus, his reads are I feel really weak. He had a case against Joey, but it was IMO made up of weak reasoning, and then he chose to wagonhop to Ovan, giving no reasoning for why he didn't feel Joey was scummy anymore.

@Flurrie- That... doesn't really answer the question? You don't need to be frustrated to threaten a self-hammer, but you implied that that was what was going on at the time he first made the threat. And then you said frustration wasn't a scumtell so. A self-hammer might be anti-town, but it can be done by frustrated town.

Now, lesse with Joey's most recent post:

Well first off, feels a lot like a list post. His read on Szeth is based solely on his posting style and doesn't actually give a read there. His MF comments were a similar thing where he doesn't really backup his reasons for finding MF scummy except for saying that it's like SS said. He then seems to be trying to connect me hard with Ovan, talking about how Ovan's throwing me under the bus and trying to give me towncred. I'm content with leaving my post here for now.

Yeah, I responded to Leknaat's call for reads, hence the list. To clarify, Szeth is pretty much a null read for me. I want more scum/not scum reads from him. I thought SS summarized Madam Flurrie pretty well in his last post; MF only has three non-RVS posts, so there's not much there. You're still a null read to me. Ovan singled you out pretty hard in his last post, so I think my Ovan/R2D2 idea is plausible, but pretty unlikely. It's just a noob guess. I think it's likelier he was trying to cover up for Suzaku (as I'll explain in a sec).

Anyway, general observations. Suzaku is still my top priority right now. I didn't like how quickly he flipped his vote off of me and onto Ovan, without giving literally any reason (beside "haven't been overly fond of his content"). It was very vague, and seemed like a buss on Ovan to gain towncred. This was less recent, but I also did not like how quickly he backed off Leknaat here:

Elaborating on my Leknaat read: I don't really see my old points as valid now that I've backed off for a bit and come back. I still have some lingering feelings, but they're not strong enough to make me pursue them, and I think they're more due to me just being irritable rather than Leknaat's behavior itself.

He was taking a lot of heat at the time; it seemed like he decided to lay off, but still sit the fence. He gave himself a pretty clear opening to come back on Leknaat in the future. And he did this in the post before, too. It just seemed like a particularly wishy-washy position. He hasn't responded to several people's direct questioning, including mine, when I asked for his response to Silent Swordsman here. It just seems like unmotivated, scummy play.

It was hard for me to understand a lot of the SS/Ovan exchange, mainly due to Ovan's frequent ALL CAPS and seemingly erratic state of mind. I don't like the last post from Ovan, where he pretty much gave Suzaku a free pass in his analysis. The only time he mentioned Suzaku was the “weird vote hop,” and he never said that he himself found Suzaku scummy -- just that the hop "put him in a worse place than Leknaat." To not mention him to that degree seemed like a pretty pointed, deliberate decision. He didn't address his threat to self-hammer; the closest we got was “If I legitimately wanted to hammer, I would have done it in the first place.” In other words, he didn't really want to hammer. Ovan, how would town have benefited from the threat to hammer? 'Splain, wise guy!

The only thing I see wrong with Joey's posts is the bit about calling Ovan out for voting Leknaat right after Leknaat voted him. I don't think that particular bit from Ovan can be held as an indicator of alignment. Other than that, however, I pretty much agree with what he's said about Suzaku, and his bit on Tibarn was interesting. Him voting Suzaku as the wagon on him was gaining momentum means nothing without Suzaku's flip, and even with it, it's a nulltell. If Suzaku is town, it could be opportunistic mafia, or you could think that mafia would want to stay away from a townie wagon that's gaining momentum by itself. If Suzaku is scum, it could be town voting for someone they found scummy or scum deciding that Suzaku was beyond saving and bussing him. But it was pretty early in the phase, so that last part seems unlikely.

Are you talking about this? I saw it, but most of it seems like personal opinion. I don't really agree with it. I think the push on Suzaku felt forced and opportunistic. So, yes I read it, but no I don't agree with it.

To me, it looked like he was changing his vote to someone he viewed as more likely to get lynched. It could maybe be a mafia jump, but it doesn't read like that to me.

For the record, I switched to Ovan since what I said about him earlier (albeit, not a lot) is still valid. Joey was an unlikely lynch, and I myself am the other major candidate. We were around the time that we should have been consolidating our lynch targets, so I'm not gonna waste my vote at phase end or vote for myself.

Reading Ovan's latest posts as natural frustration, though it's not helping me get a better read because lolusing emotions as a scumtell.

Not fond of the wishy washyness of this statement. It's definitely something to look back on after Ovan's flip.

I never voted R2D2 a second time...

And I don't like the condescending tone that Ovan's using here, or the fact that he ignored most of the post. Then he seemingly caught himself, and posted something else 2 minutes later, which seemed off to me.

Random prod.

R2D2 makes second post that doesn't really do anything. THUS AT THIS POINT IN TIME HE HAS COME BACK AND POSTED. Whereas the other two haven't.

Were you really in a position to just cast a prodvote on someone who only had one post less than you? Your prodvote was your second post, and your post didn't say much readswise either. In fact you got on people's cases for it later, about pushing you for your reads. You're pretty much guilty of everything that R2D2 had done that you found scummy at that oint.

I'm iffy on my read with Leknaat and I don't like R2D2 because R2D2 has done absolutely nothing all game. A whopping three posts, one each day, with RVS being the first post and the second post being null and void of any real content making the third post the only one that, in my opinion, really mattered. And even then so far all they've done is vote silent swordsman, explain the reasoning, and vote joey with the reasoning for that. He hasn't really commented on anything else that has happened except for about one sentence wrt to Suzaku which said "While I didn't agree with Suzaku, using bullets or numbers or such things is in fact a way to make your posts seem like they have more content than they actually do, which is something that scum will usually try to do." There has been plenty else for him to comment on, specifically stuff involving me and around me. I find it wierd that R2D2 hasn't actually commented on whether he thinks myself or Suzaku, the top two candidates for lynches today are scum or not.

---

Back to Leknaat, I still don't like him but it's not as bad as it originally was. I'd say Suzaku's wierd vote hop onto me has put him in a worse plce than Leknaat. And I still don't like Szeth who has done nothing except press Suzaku mainly. He also hasn't said anything about anyone else and has even barely mentioned me.

Your issue with R2D2 seems to be more about their lack of activity than anything else. Not happy with that.

Why is my votehop "weird" exactly, and why is it scummy. Don't make sweeping statements that you can't prove.

You don't need to be frustrated to threaten with a selfhammer.

It's possible that Ovan can calm down and yet still choose to selfhammer.

Don't like Flurrie jumping in here and making a single comment and disappearing.

It's like, nearly half 2. If you guys have anything to ask me, be quick about it.

R2D2, mind giving reasons for why you disagree with me? Because otherwise we're just sitting with opposite opinions doing nothing.

Ugh, I wish people other than R2D2 and Joey were here. I'm not sure which of Suzaku and Ovan I want to lynch anymore, so idk whether I want Suzaku to claim before he goes or not.

If I wasn't obvious enough with the crumb (although it was more like a loaf) I'm a neighbor. Not sure if outing my partner is a good idea or not.

Right, I forgot about the Neighbour thing.

I don't think a lynch of anybody except Suzaku or Ovan is on for tonight. From what it seems like, Flurrie, R2D2, Suzaku, and Leknaat find Ovan worse than Suzaku. Szeth, Ovan, and Joey find Suzaku worse than Ovan. I could go either way, and Tibarn's not here. Leknaat and Szeth coming back and clarifying which of the two they'd rather lynch now would be nice.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Suzaku and Ovan are of the same alignment. I said stuff about the interactions looking like they could be scumbuddies, and Suzaku's vote could easily be a bus due to it's timing and the sudden change for no real reason other than consolidation. On the other hand, if Ovan is town, Suzaku switching onto the wagon when he wasn't really tying himself to it before seems like bad play if he's scum.

Ey wise guys, here's some votals.

Ovan (3): Tibarn, Leknaat, Suzaku Kururugi (L-2)
Suzaku Kururugi (2): Szeth, Joey (L-3)
Joey Wheeler (1): R2D2 (L-4)
Leknaat (0):
Madam Flurrie (0):
R2D2 (0):
Silent Swordsman (0):
Szeth (0):
Tibarn (0):
Voteless: Madam Flurrie, Ovan, Silent Swordsman
I hope I got that right. The GMT is kinda messing with me -- I think there's 4 hours left, right?

It's either two or three depending if Elie's taking into account daylight savings. He said that it ends at 1 AM EST, but technically it's EDT right now so it could actually be 2 AM.