Pixel art...?

Fire Emblem Fan

I'm not really sure if this is in the right section of the forums... But I thought sprites and pixel art were kinda similar so *shrugs* assumed... Anyway. I'm trying to learn and get into pixel art (and sprites), but every program I've tried has been too complicated (I seriously couldn't even figure out how to start drawing on some...), so does anyone have any recommendations for easy to use programs? I have NO drawing talent whatsoever, so if I have to draw it on paper and scan it into the computer then that would automatically be a "no" (and it doesn't help that I don't have a scanner...). *Sigh* Yes I suck. Sorry...

It depends on what version of windows you're running (Though there's probably downloads available of older versions of Paint).

This is windows 7 paint:

f9c22316e2d9325dd03c73ddc8e691d7.png

Merc looks like he's running Windows 2000 or a similar version.

Yeah, start with Paint. But don't do Windows 7 Paint--try to look up something like Vista or XP Paint since they're better for pixel art.

Once you've got a handle on what all the tools do, I suggest moving to Graphics Gale--the Select tool is much nicer, and it supports layers and transparency.