Anyone else hate limit breaker?

Seriously, like..

I don't know about you guys, but I almost 100% of the time feel like I *need* Limit Breaker on my characters. While I'm glad there's a way to get up into the 50s range (gotta love that 100% armsthrift), anyone else wish the skill either A) Didn't exist or B) was an undlerlying, permanent boost to the character?

It sorta outclasses pretty much every other skill in overall usefulness, particularly if you're against someone who can't hit those caps, I just wish they had opted to do something like.. I don't know, allowing cross-gender skills, or a new skill that, you know, didn't totally outclass so many others (Resistance + 10 anyone? lol)

Yeah, I dislike just how much better it is for endgame teams than every other skill. I would have preferred if it's strength was high enough that most characters would probably want it, but there were viable builds not using it - which would probably be... what, +4 to all caps, maybe +5?

The game is broken enough as it is; why allow it to be further broken by allowing a fifth viable skill? Giving you only four options levels the playing field to some extent.

To increase variety in skillsets. Coordinating four skills has less arrangements than using five. Especially on more specialized units. Also, everyone can equip Limit Breaker.

I don't criticize IS for releasing great skills as DLC. It's possible they excluded certain skills during development and planned to release them as DLC. They're still a business and want to make money. Personally, I prefer to buy maps for skills I'll use rather than more support-less characters.

However, I do think that Limit Breaker is too good of a skill. Limit Breaker would still increase its DLC's sales (by being a great choice for a skill) if it increased caps by 3-6 instead of 10.

It's difficult not to justify choosing it for Apotheosis or a StreetPass team as one of your units' five skills, if you have access to it. Deciding to use Limit Breaker is an easy choice to make, whereas the other skills have an easier time fighting for second-fifth place. If Limit Breaker was +4 to caps, it'd still be an excellent skill, but it would have to compete with the other skills more often than now.

Edited by BlueFire

Thing is to get Limit Break you have to complete something harder than the main game anyway, so considering it's value for anything other than postgame content is kind of irrelevant.

I personally have to agree that +5 would've been plenty.. I'm just going to put it on the list with things IS really should think about when they work on their next game (like, for example, not making a Fire Emblem that they think will be the last and neglecting to put even a localized PvP into the strategy game lol)

I personally have to agree that +5 would've been plenty.. I'm just going to put it on the list with things IS really should think about when they work on their next game (like, for example, not making a Fire Emblem that they think will be the last and neglecting to put even a localized PvP into the strategy game lol)

Personally, I don't think FE would have a good PvP, so I'd say your want for a PvP would be little more than wishful thinking. As for the bold, since the FE franchise was dying before this game, I'd say that's not something they can control.

Two FE games have had PvP and it worked fine in both of those. Would have worked even better in this one, in fact.

Not really. The PvP was pitiful in Shadow Dragon because of lol forges.

Limit Breaker is like cake. So good everyone wants some, yet bad enough that everyone regrets having it.

Except Gaius. Gaius loves cake.

I thought it was Nowi who loved cake...

I don't mind Limit Breaker, I just wish it raised the stats for you. >> I hated Paragon-farming, it's tedious and boring even with battle animations turned off.

I don't mind Limit Breaker, I just wish it raised the stats for you. >> I hated Paragon-farming, it's tedious and boring even with battle animations turned off.

Yeah Limit Breaker should've just been all stats +10.

There are actually a lot of people who were having a discussion on whether or not Limit Breaker is a "good" skill - it's a fairly interesting topic, and you might find reading it fun (for some value of "fun"). IIRC, many of the "complaints" are similar to the ones here.

What I remember most was dondon's fairly insulting (but nevertheless topical and still a good point to make) comment:

boo hoo no one is sad that you have C(n,4) skillsets available instead of C(n,5)

I can expand on that, if you wish, or just link to my explanation in the other topic. Simply put, C(n, k) is the notation for the number of combinations of k elements are possible, given a set composed of n elements.

I, however, am not one of the people who dislike LB; I enjoy having a stompy-stomp team that curbstomps the final chapter, as a sort of post-game bonus. I do see why some people might dislike it, but it's just not an issue for me.

Yeah Limit Breaker should've just been all stats +10.

I'd disagree, simply because of what it does in Future Past.

Limit Breaker, due to its Nature, has an impact on the children, unlike the rest of the DLC skills. It raises caps, which allows for more stats to get stored, which in turn get passed on to the kids.

Parents with Double Limit Breaker caps (I.E. both parents fully capped with Limit Breaker) in Future Past pass on a +6 All Stats. (It does this in the main game too, but only Yarne, Nah, and either Manakete or Taguel Morgan can reap the benefits of it: as even with base caps, the kids will wind up ramming their caps. And since the base stats of a child do not go into storage when over capped, unlike the rest of the stats in the game, the +6 is lost) Considering Hawkeye Mire Slambush is a thing, yeah....

As for my thoughts on the skill, I love it.

And its effect on Streetpasses is needed: It allows a Streetpass team to be an actual challenge. Without Limit Breaker, a Streetpass team will never be a challenge-- it may occasionally cause .00002% BS, but it will not be a true challenge -ever- without Limit Breaker.

Also: "Pay to Win" is not a legitimate complaint.

Edited by Airship Canon

Limit Breaker, due to its Nature, has an impact on the children, unlike the rest of the DLC skills. It raises caps, which allows for more stats to get stored, which in turn get passed on to the kids.

Parents with Double Limit Breaker caps (I.E. both parents fully capped with Limit Breaker) in Future Past pass on a +6 All Stats. (It does this in the main game too, but only Yarne, Nah, and either Manakete or Taguel Morgan can reap the benefits of it: as even with base caps, the kids will wind up ramming their caps. And since the base stats of a child do not go into storage when over capped, unlike the rest of the stats in the game, the +6 is lost) Considering Hawkeye Mire Slambush is a thing, yeah....

As for my thoughts on the skill, I love it.

And its effect on Streetpasses is needed: It allows a Streetpass team to be an actual challenge. Without Limit Breaker, a Streetpass team will never be a challenge-- it may occasionally cause .00002% BS, but it will not be a true challenge -ever- without Limit Breaker.

Also: "Pay to Win" is not a legitimate complaint.

DLC skills cannot be passed down anyway. +10 to all stats just totally make the DLC for +2 all stats obsolete.

I dislike all +2 individual stats skills because one Limit breaker is already 5 times the amount and you just need to grind abit more/stats up.

The cap need to be 10 for characters with armsthrift but max luck of only 40. All the faire should be +10 and make stronger post game enemy to balance out.

I thought it was Nowi who loved cake...

Ah, I forgot about that. Good call. She can like cake, too.

I, however, am not one of the people who dislike LB; I enjoy having a stompy-stomp team that curbstomps the final chapter, as a sort of post-game bonus. I do see why some people might dislike it, but it's just not an issue for me.

I agree with this.

this is definitely false

I have a thing against using Limit Breaker on StreetPass teams. It feels like I'm cheating so I don't use it, since not everyone has Limit Breaker and it would be absolute slaughter to anyone not on Casual especially with all the Lethality and Counter on my team.

The only exception I've made is making MU Tactician with Limit Breaker because FeMU Tactician is one of my favorite units and Limit Breaker puts her stats up high enough.

this is definitely false

Explain why you can clearly see the effect of Limit Breaker's stat increase on Future Past (where the kids are promoted) or on a Manakete or Taguel, yet when under the same conditions the rest of the kids, if their initial caps are rammed on recruit, they still only get the base promotion gains, rather than promotion gains [+X]?

Why do, if you give a child on their recruitment mission a Limit Breaker, it does it not immediately increase their stats? (If they had stored stats, it would)

Causing inheritance to be over the cap causes stats to be lost, not stored.

DLC skills cannot be passed down anyway.

The skills can't, but Limit Breaker's stats can. (Or at least the average of them can be, which is +6)

I have a thing against using Limit Breaker on StreetPass teams. It feels like I'm cheating so I don't use it, since not everyone has Limit Breaker and it would be absolute slaughter to anyone not on Casual especially with all the Lethality and Counter on my team.

The only exception I've made is making MU Tactician with Limit Breaker because FeMU Tactician is one of my favorite units and Limit Breaker puts her stats up high enough.

Do you want me to show you proof of demolishing Streetpass Teams that have LB on every unit without using LB?

No, you use Limit Breaker on Streetpass teams or your team is dirt easy, there is nothing you can do to make a challenging team without it.

Lethality? You'll miss.

Counter can't kill without the Counter User's HP being higher than the other units'. Unless you 1-locked the unit with Counter, which creates an exploitable dead zone, Counter is useless.

Once matched stats wise at base, your team loses, that's all you need to know.

Edited by Airship Canon

Explain why you can clearly see the effect of Limit Breaker's stat increase on Future Past (where the kids are promoted) or on a Manakete or Taguel, yet when under the same conditions the rest of the kids, if their initial caps are rammed on recruit, they still only get the base promotion gains, rather than promotion gains [+X]?

Why do, if you give a child on their recruitment mission a Limit Breaker, it does it not immediately increase their stats? (If they had stored stats, it would)

Causing inheritance to be over the cap causes stats to be lost, not stored.

oh realllyyyyyyyy

you already tested this or something

oh realllyyyyyyyy

you already tested this or something

Yep. And while I need to get the camera from my sister, I can prove it.

I got my L'Q Sev (and both Corde and L'Q are LB capped), who's ramming the hell out of her caps- and very quickly prove that instapromoting her to Hero on Recruit will give her the same promotion gains as if she weren't capped.

Or I could give her Limit Breaker and watch all of her stats turn black but no numbers get changed.

Yep. And while I need to get the camera from my sister, I can prove it.

I got my L'Q Sev (and both Corde and L'Q are LB capped), who's ramming the hell out of her caps- and very quickly prove that instapromoting her to Hero on Recruit will give her the same promotion gains as if she weren't capped.

Or I could give her Limit Breaker and watch all of her stats turn black but no numbers get changed.

shhh

who recruits kids that late

I mean who even recruits Severa anyway

Edited by shadykid

Thing is to get Limit Break you have to complete something harder than the main game anyway, so considering it's value for anything other than postgame content is kind of irrelevant.

Basically this. Limit Breaker isnt even necessary for the main game. Most of the DLC skills arent (but some help.) so i dont see why Limit Breaker would be hated based on the main campaign.