• All Stats+2
    • Neither

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is a tough call.

The catch is what is the scenario.

Res+10 is abhorrently powerful- it complete negates the base MT of a Forged Celica's gale, and is outright stupidly powerful in Streetpass (As placed right, it can push a unit's RES to above 70)

Tomebreaker is also a go-to skill in Streetpass as it bestows that oh-so-necessary +50 Hit. (And yes, I would, and do use them together.)

In game, it's another hard call, as +10 Res is exactly that. However, when used by the player, Tomebreaker's 50 AVO is some serious Avoidance.

I really don't know what to go with.

I... know. I'm going with Res+10. Hawkeye is a thing. Sure, so is Luna+, but Luna+ vs Res+10, Res+10 still provides 5 Res; whereas Hawkeye makes Tomebreaker's effect nil.

nobody has this though

Streetpass battles exist.

I went with Lunatic+ to make my call, that call is just as fair, and I almost voted that exact same way, but then I realized, I'm playing Lunatic+ right now.

You know what, now that I think about it...

Res+10 means absolute nothing if Hawkeye ain't getting involved with Tomebreaker as an option...

There's more enemies with Tomes without Hawkeye, than Enemies with tomes AND Hawkeye.

And there's still Streetpass battles.

*revotes*

Edited by Airship Canon

Streetpass battles exist.

I went with Lunatic+ to make my call, that call is just as fair, and I almost voted that exact same way, but then I realized, I'm playing Lunatic+ right now.

as you well know, streetpass teams are ridiculously easy to trivialize

Tomebreaker stops dark tomes, instasold

Instantly does what 10 res couldn't hope to achieve

Also LB would technically up your res by 10 anyway

LB + RES+10 = RES+20 (Which, like I said, can push a unit's Res to over 70)

In Streetpass, you arguably want to use both: Tomes are the most common weapons.

In Game: Check for Hawkeye. If Hawkeye, then Res+10 laughs at Tomebreaker. If no Hawkeye, then Tomebreaker is a lot better. Both do the job of reducing magic damage to nil.

So in reality, it's what difficulty:

If Anything Not Called "Lunatic+": Tomebreaker is better.

If Lunatic+: Res+10 is better.

..Random thing: Levin Swords and Bolt Axes exist. Res+10 negates their damage too.

The chances of being in Lunatic+ compared to the chances of being in any other mode is like comparing the chance of being struck by lightning to the chance of going to school on a school day when you're the top-honour student with 100% punctuation

what the hell is with my analogies

LB and Res +10 gives +20 res?

Waste 2 skill slots for that, why don't you :S

Edited by The Fush

The chances of being in Lunatic+ compared to the chances of being in any other mode is like comparing the chance of being struck by lightning to the chance of going to school on a school day when you're the top-honour student with 100% punctuation

what the hell is with my analogies

makes sense, you have Henry in your member tag

waste 2 slots on LB+Tomebreaker, why don't you :S

(btw everyone has Limit Breaker, definitely not a "waste")

Edited by shadykid

Limit Breaker is just... assumed for everything at all times. The catch, is what's better afterwards?

BTW: I feel kinda bad for whatever gets put up against Limit Breaker. About the only skill that could possibly be doing that is Galeforce, but if you've seen the LB vs Galeforce topic...

Edited by Airship Canon

Limit Breaker is just... assumed for everything at all times. The catch, is what's better afterwards?

BTW: I feel kinda bad for whatever gets put up against Limit Breaker. About the only skill that could possibly be doing that is Galeforce, but if you've seen the LB vs Galeforce topic...

Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. With LB, there are certain skills that become slightly more obsolete.

Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. With LB, there are certain skills that become slightly more obsolete.

....no?

that's not how it works, Resistance +10 cuts magic damage by 10 more on top of it

tempted to vote neither, defense doesn't matter

Edited by shadykid

....no?

that's not how it works, Resistance +10 cuts magic damage by 10 more on top of it

tempted to vote neither, defense doesn't matter

And there are plenty of skills that can do the job of dealing with magic damage and several more.

Res +10 exists purely for the purpose of cockblocking magic damage, and absolutely nothing else, compared to other valuable skills that multitask.

although I will admit that Res +10 works great before/without LB

Edited by The Fush

Tomebreaker helps you nosferatank enemy sorcerers with it.

Res +10 patches up your poor res at worst and completely neuters enemy magic damage at best.

Res +10 is restricted to male characters, but they arguably need the skill the most.

Tomebreaker is given to anyone with sorc, but dark mage is poorly distributed. (Many units like Libra and Miriel have fine res anyways)

Voted for Tomebreaker since it has offensive and defensive purposes. Nothing sucks more than getting screwed by the rng when fighting a mage.

Res +10 exists purely for the purpose of cockblocking magic damage, and absolutely nothing else, compared to other valuable skills that multitask.

and you voted for Tomebreaker, whose sole purpose is cockblocking magic damage from tomes

nope, nothing faulty about this logic at all

Honestly, I'd say that some skills just aren't fit for these polls, and Limit Breaker is one of those.

and you voted for Tomebreaker, whose sole purpose is cockblocking magic damage from tomes

nope, nothing faulty about this logic at all

Most magic attacks tend to do more than 10 damage to you to begin with, since the enemies always target low res enemies. Dodging the tome attack would be far better than taking 10 less damage from it, and would stop Mire from mauling your res weak enemies more than Res +10 would.

Also, I notice you tend to object to me in everything I say in this forum section :I

Most magic attacks tend to do more than 10 damage to you to begin with, since the enemies always target low res enemies. Dodging the tome attack would be far better than taking 10 less damage from it, and would stop Mire from mauling your res weak enemies more than Res +10 would.

Also, I notice you tend to object to me in everything I say in this forum section :I

Hawkeye exists

but more importantly, you're not bearclaw

Hawkeye exists

but more importantly, you're not bearclaw

First of all, I don't know what bearclaw's job is

Second of all, most people don't play Lunatic+, compared to the other 3 more commonly played modes. At best, most can only stand against Lunatic. Your logic is as flawed as mine.

Edited by The Fush