Lord debate.

DragonBladeSniper

Random Class Debate  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Lord

• Eliwood
    • Lyn
    • Hector

1. Hector - He is a god. He's a beast in both strength and defense(except for one playthrough where the RNG said "F You" and gave hector 24 strength... -.-). He's a tank, and he can use swords when he needs a hit rate boost. Also, he's cool.

1.5. Lyn - It's REEEALY difficult for me to compare the two, but Hector can rely less on criticals than Lyn, so I put him above. However, I usually have them paired together, so basically they're an unstoppable force. Also, upon promotion, not only does she get a bow, she also gets a kick ass attack and crit animation.

4. Eliwood - *sigh*... How could this wimp be the father of the beast know as Roy? He doesn't even deserve 3rd place with the horrible stats he always gets when I use him...

To be fair... Roy sucks ass too. In FE6 anyway.

( /10)

10.Hector- SUPER beefed up Hero. Nuf said B) Except maybe he's the best class in all FE's

9.5.Lyn-SUPER beefed up Nomad Trooper with a little less strength.

8.Eliwood- Seriously underated :( Think about it this way he's not the best lord but he is a hella good unit. Swords and spears... come on! That's really good to have. His stats aren't ever bad anyways.

This shouldn't have been a poll cuz we all know who will win.

Hector is overrated. He's not bad, but he isn't godly. That's another reason I like Lyn better. She fits better with my playstyle and I tend to find better use for her over Hector.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO PREFERS LYN

Mathew O'Connell: This is not a debate, it is Eliwood/Lyn's slaughter.

FEFL: This shouldn't have been a poll cuz we all know who will win.

Maybe Lyn would get lucky...? I'm to lazy to check all the posts so I'm using the poll to calculate the votes.

Edited by DragonBladeSniper

The reason why I use Hector as much as Lyn, but prefer Hector is because he uses Axes to begin with, that just makes it a bit more easier to take out the Soliders and not take a hit. Plus his def is usually near the cap.

Hector > Eliwood > Lyn

Lyn's redeeming feature is speed, and the enemies aren't exactly speedy, so her AS doesn't matter a whole lot eventually. The Mani Katti won't last that long.

Hector > Eliwood > Lyn

Lyn's redeeming feature is speed, and the enemies aren't exactly speedy, so her AS doesn't matter a whole lot eventually. The Mani Katti won't last that long.

If anything, Lyn's avoid rate keeps her alive better than Eliwood mediocre defense. His caps are pretty terrible. 24 Speed cap WTF?

Hector > Eliwood > Lyn

Neither does the Rapier or Wolf Beil (they have less usage as a matter of fact).

Eliwood has crap stats all around. Lyn and Hector are superior to Eliwood. Hector can tank very well (except when against Magic Units) and Lyn dodges almost everything and can do some damage too.

So in my opinion, Hector/Lyn > Eliwood.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Hector isn't overrated. From what I see, it's just a preference thing. People who like axes, like Hector. Also, do to a lack of good axe using units, Hector really shines on the battle field. People who prefer swords and speedy characters like Lyn more. I'd have them tied if I could, but this IS a poll ya know...

The circle of life, or should I say Lord usefulness goes like this, if you put hard mode into account. I hope this doesn't overload with controversy.

Hector is easily the best of the best, excellent strength and defense with only, say, skill (which is actually not a big deal, thanks to luckless and slow enemies) and resistance as his only drawback. His amazing offense and defense is unmatched by the other two.

Eliwood, he is well balanced. He doesn't have a significant strong point, but there is no weak point either. His speed is nice, but nearly everyone who isn't Marcus or Wallace has sufficient speed. Warning, extreme controversy up ahead. He is better than Lyn thanks to existing defense and even offense. Also, that Durandal does nice things, despite the -7 speed. (unless you gave him body rings)

Lyn, if you're talking Hard Mode, her durability is her downfall. "But her avoid is massive good" True, but what happens when she gets hit. "But she liek, can't get hit" Oh yes she can, the RNG is a cruel misstress. Unless if you're talking about 0% hit rates, if she gets hit, it's hard. At least she has nice resistance for a weapon user thanks to +5 after promotion, so she has some form of durability. Sure, she's still a nice unit and all, but not nearly as good as H4xxtor and Eliw00t. (their most common nicknames) She is hot, therefore making her the best looking one (to us guys), but that's irrevelent to usefulness.

In the end, Hector is easily the best. I'm not saying Lyn is bad, just not as good as the other two. The other two are very nice, so it's nothing to get upset over.

The circle of life, or should I say Lord usefulness goes like this, if you put hard mode into account. I hope this doesn't overload with controversy.

Hector is easily the best of the best, excellent strength and defense with only, say, skill (which is actually not a big deal, thanks to luckless and slow enemies) and resistance as his only drawback. His amazing offense and defense is unmatched by the other two.

Eliwood, he is well balanced. He doesn't have a significant strong point, but there is no weak point either. His speed is nice, but nearly everyone who isn't Marcus or Wallace has sufficient speed. Warning, extreme controversy up ahead. He is better than Lyn thanks to existing defense and even offense. Also, that Durandal does nice things, despite the -7 speed. (unless you gave him body rings)

Lyn, if you're talking Hard Mode, her durability is her downfall. "But her avoid is massive good" True, but what happens when she gets hit. "But she liek, can't get hit" Oh yes she can, the RNG is a cruel misstress. Unless if you're talking about 0% hit rates, if she gets hit, it's hard. At least she has nice resistance for a weapon user thanks to +5 after promotion, so she has some form of durability. Sure, she's still a nice unit and all, but not nearly as good as H4xxtor and Eliw00t. (their most common nicknames) She is hot, therefore making her the best looking one (to us guys), but that's irrevelent to usefulness.

In the end, Hector is easily the best. I'm not saying Lyn is bad, just not as good as the other two. The other two are very nice, so it's nothing to get upset over.

Thou speakth blasphemy. She will almost always double enemies and, yes, she DOES get hit sometimes. But she gets hit a lot less then Eliwood. And she probably has a higher critical hit rate than him, too.

Thou speakth blasphemy. She will almost always double enemies and, yes, she DOES get hit sometimes. But she gets hit a lot less then Eliwood. And she probably has a higher critical hit rate than him, too.

Don't forget that Eliwood has a ton more Defense. Doubling enemies is not an issue, since you're dealing with the slowest set of enemies in the series. He might not double some bosses, such as Lloyd, and maybe some scattered generic Swordmasters, but that doesn't really count for much. If you're going to argue that Eliwood has a heavy special weapon, the same can be said of Lyn. She even loses more speed with 6 CON. Really, her defense is an issue. I'd rather have a unit who can take a hit and dodge decently instead of a unit who can dodge very well, but takes massive damage when hit. The only time super effective dodging gives you an edge is if you are a magic user, which is their only form of defense. The only exception in this game is Pent, and maybe Canas if you use him.

See, there lies an issue between us. FE is a game of chance. Statistically speaking, Eliwood's defense would make him much better than Lyn. But in most people's cases, Lyn's dodging > Eliwoods +3 def. I've had to restart at least 4x more for Eliwood dying than I have Lyn dying.

Eliwood>Lyn? Where did you get this? Unless you mean Eliwood(20/20)+Uber Spear v.s. Lyn(1/0)+ Iron sword

Nope, I based it off how Eliwood has better averages, usefulness and supports. Plus, Eliwood is 1millionx more useful in HM, the mode I play the most. And I don't want to elaborate unless you want tl;dr.

Lyn for the win. Because she can hit units AND do damage (not as much ad hector, but hey, she gets by pretty well)

Here's another thing I've found out from my many times playing this game: Hector has got to be the most easily RNG screwed of the three. Lyn will most certainly get what she is known for, her speed, luck, and skill. Eliwood is rather balanced, so he usually isn't blessed or screwed. Hector, however, can easily be screwed in speed or skill, or, god forbid, both. Not doubling + not hitting = not good.

Ok, that doesn't happen in such a bad way too often, but I'm always able to rely on Lyn. I can't always rely on the other two. That is why I say Lyn wins.