General E3 Discussion (Not FEE3 u nubs)

Klokinator

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo won e3

If it wasn't for the fact that Sony revealed a new console I'd agree. Console reveals automatically have more hype behind them than game reveals. Personally I'm more excited for Nintendo's lineup (mainly Smash Bros.) than the PS4 at the moment, but PS4 is getting the most attention right now. Well, possitive attention I mean.

If I had to rate how well the big 3 did this E3 it'd be something like this:

1. Sony- made M$ suck it down.

2. Nintendo- good lineup of games. Also Smash Bros.

3.N/A

4.N/A

5N/A

6.N/A

7.N/A

8. Microsoft- Shitty shit covered shit-cicles

The thing is it kind of felt like a console reveal to me since the wii u had basically not existed up to this point, and the only reason sony's was the favourite is because the xbox one is shit, and the whole thing was pretty much "look at how shit those guys are"

That's probably a big part of it. XD

But yeah, new console reveals usually have that "Oooh, look at the shiny new toy!" mentality with them, which gave Sony a bit of an upperhand from the start on Nintendo. I think they had a few popular franchises backing them up as well like Kingdom Hearts (I don't actually like this game just FYI), Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid (I think).

Depends what you mean by "won E3". I think Sony put on the best show as an advertisement for what next-gen console gaming should be like, even if they didn't have many exclusives shown as the Xbox One or Wii U. When it comes to what games were shown that "were the best", well that's completely subjective and up to you. Personally I'm pretty much done with Nintendo and their rehashing, and to me it seemed as if their Nintendo Direct was just phoned in, but of course SUPA SMASH BRUTHERS will get people talking.

Still, I think we can agree that Sony walked away with the majority of the positive press on E3. I guess we could consider that "winning" E3.

And yes, Sony didn't have to try very hard. But they'll ride this hype train for a while. We'll see how much potential the PS4 has against the Wii U in 2014.

Then we can decide who "wins the console war." It's always about winning, baby.

Edited by Kelsper

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205110

Seriously Microsoft?

*Facepalms*

Ugh, that's just beyond rude and unprofessional (those poor Microsoft employees).

I always hoped deep down that XBox and Microsoft would cave in on itself and people would finally realized Microsoft's greediness with their paid online and contract consoles. I guess I should be happy that my dark desire has been fulfilled, but it's like someone from their competition is mind controlling the Microsoft executive in charge of XBox and forcing him to sabotage everything.

Personally I'm pretty much done with Nintendo and their rehashing, and to me it seemed as if their Nintendo Direct was just phoned in, but of course SUPA SMASH BRUTHERS will get people talking.

That practically applies to all gaming companies nowadays, though: Konami with Metal Gear, Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed and Rayman, Square with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and Microsoft with Halo. Though at least for Nintendo, they have tons of franchises and encompass a large variety of game genres. I mean, there's not much of a point of creating a new IP when you already have most genres covered, especially when it's going to sell less than a well established franchise.

The only place you can find unique IP's on today's market is in the indie crowd, large companies are too afraid to stop what's giving them money.

Well, of course indie's will be making new IPs. If they used any existing ones, they'd either be facing heavy lawsuits or spending a lot of money for the rights to work on it. A lot of indie games are heavily based off of existing genres and franchises though (Shovel Knight on Mega Man, Two Brothers on Zelda, etc.), so there is that element of un-uniqueness to them.

Come to think of it, Nintendo has been making quite a lot of new IPs: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Pushmo, Dillion's Rolling Western, The Denpa Men, Steel Diver, The Wonderful 101 (though that might be Platinum Games' property), and Monolith Soft's new game (it wasn't Xenoblade). It's just that the well established IPs get more publicity.

Ubisoft is also making Watch Dogs, Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us, Sony made Gravity Rush, and WB made Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I guess it's all a matter of looking hard for where and what the new IPs are.

Edited by Randoman

Injustice: Gods Among Us is actually a DC superhero property as well as a spinoff of Mortal Combat vs DC. That said, there really have been a lot of great new IPs in the last few years, except many of them have been one-off or digital downloads (or both).

That practically applies to all gaming companies nowadays, though: Konami with Metal Gear, Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed and Rayman, Square with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and Microsoft with Halo. Though at least for Nintendo, they have tons of franchises and encompass a large variety of game genres. I mean, there's not much of a point of creating a new IP when you already have most genres covered, especially when it's going to sell less than a well established franchise.

I don't really feel like arguing this in here. I actually don't like Xenoblade, but Monolith is the best thing Nintendo currently has. I guess it comes down to the other games actually doing something different with each installment (though I do prefer new IPs over sequels), as compared to something like New Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart or whatever where essentially it's the same game every time (I know you're going to say "no it's not" but opinions woo). Even the ones I did like the look of, unfortunately they're very similar to what we've seen before. They've said the new Zelda after the Wind Waker HD will introduce change, but I'll believe that when I see it.

The main point: just because there is an additional number or subtitle after the game title does not mean it is a rehash. But that's just me.

@Raven: I don't think that's really surprising, but of course once again Xbox what you doing.

Edited by Kelsper

I just don't get Microsoft. It's like they are trying there hardest to discourage people from buying their toy.

I mean, I get trying to screw over customers but shouldn't you at least try not to be so open about it.

Oh, we have this great all-in-one entertainment system.

Sure, it's absolutely massive. But It can do everything.

Except playing those XBox games you bought in the last decade. So you probably want to keep that old big box around.

And it won't work when you have trouble with your Internet provider. Or your router is defect. Or any other malfunction, really.

And if we feel like it, we turn all your purchased games into useless plastic.

I am really starting to get exited for the console's release, just to see how hard the One manages to crash and burn.

Edited by BrightBow

I just don't get Microsoft. It's like they are trying there hardest to discourage people from buying their toy.

I mean, I get trying to screw over customers but shouldn't you at least try not to be so open about it.

Oh, we have this great all-in-one entertainment system.

Sure, it's absolutely massive. But It can do everything.

Except playing those XBox games you bought in the last decade. So you probably want to keep that old big box around.

And it won't work when you have trouble with your Internet provider. Or your router is defect. Or any other malfunction, really.

And if we feel like it, we turn all your purchased games into useless plastic.

I am really starting to get exited for the console's release, just to see how hard the One manages to crash and burn.

Better save up a week's worth of popcorn for THIS circus show.

Better save up a week's worth of popcorn for THIS circus show.

I feel as though on this I can unite with Nintendo fans and bask in the fact that we are all friends in watching the new Xbox burn.

Edited by Kelsper

I feel as though on this I can unite with Nintendo fans and bask in the fact that we are all friends in watching the new Xbox burn.

It shall be glorious. XD

Although, I was actually seriously impressed with the PS4 this time around. Normally, I don't give Sony much thought but this time around I might have to consider it.

FFXV, finally.

Do not forget KH3.

How could I be so foolish to forget the badassery that is Heartless-surfing Sora?

Heartless surfing needs to be a sport. Like Blitzball. Seriously.

Injustice: Gods Among Us is actually a DC superhero property as well as a spinoff of Mortal Kombat vs DC. That said, there really have been a lot of great new IPs in the last few years, except many of them have been one-off or digital downloads (or both).

Well, Warner Bros. is DC's parent company, so it's not too inaccurate to say WB made Injustice, kind of like saying Nintendo made Fire Emblem when it was actually Intelligent Systems. And I guess "new IP" means different things for different people. I personally think Injustice is a new IP, since the makers tried to heavily differentiate the gameplay from Mortal Kombat, which they also designed (despite adding Scorpion to it, which I really hated).

I don't really feel like arguing this in here. I actually don't like Xenoblade, but Monolith is the best thing Nintendo currently has. I guess it comes down to the other games actually doing something different with each installment (though I do prefer new IPs over sequels), as compared to something like New Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart or whatever where essentially it's the same game every time (I know you're going to say "no it's not" but opinions woo). Even the ones I did like the look of, unfortunately they're very similar to what we've seen before. They've said the new Zelda after the Wind Waker HD will introduce change, but I'll believe that when I see it.

The main point: just because there is an additional number or subtitle after the game title does not mean it is a rehash. But that's just me.

Don't want to argue it? Fair enough. I just thought I should notify you of all the new IPs Nintendo did make recently.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1#5

Yes, The Xbox One standard edition is being outsold by Brawl.

Something that is six years old.

I would be sad, if it was not so freaking funny.

Um, which part says that? I couldn't find anything except for listed games and prices. I found nothing about the XBox One except for the XBox points card.

But if that really is the case, that's really horrible. That's going to give Microsoft the impression that limiting the consumer heavily is a good thing and people actually enjoy it, and continue doing it and finding other ways to limit consumers.

Other game companies better not follow suit. Then again, Nintendo always cares about delivering the best experience and not money (which is why a lot of their 1st Party Wii U titles got delayed) and Sony was bashing Microsoft's methods so they probably won't be copying them. I'm still worried that having a lot of XBox One's sold despite all of its drawbacks will make Microsoft do even worse.

Sorry, I accidently read it as XBox One outselling Brawl for whatever reason.

Well, hopefully this sends Microsoft an important message on how much people don't want the XBox One. My darker side wants to see it crash and burn (maybe even get buried in a Mexico desert E.T. style) and have Microsoft kicked out of console gaming forever, but I still think it deserves a fighting chance and an opportunity to redeem itself.

Edited by Randoman

Well, Warner Bros. is DC's parent company, so it's not too inaccurate to say WB made Injustice, kind of like saying Nintendo made Fire Emblem when it was actually Intelligent Systems. And I guess "new IP" means different things for

Um, which part says that? I couldn't find anything except for listed games and prices. I found nothing about the XBox One except for the XBox points card.

It was the case earlier, but of course pre-order sales are all over the place right now. PS4 both launch and not editions, all of the pre-order bundles (I think so at least), PS4 controller, and PS+ cards are at the top 20 in Amazon best sellers currently, yet the Xbox One Day One edition is still 2nd. That's currently where we stand, but Brawl was indeed outselling the Xbox "standard edition" earlier. Which is horrifically funny.

EDIT: Whatever, decided to leave it alone.

Edited by Kelsper