Worst unit in the game

Chiki

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listed a bunch of playstyles which you ignored.

Buckle your seatbelt, because I tend to ignore most of your bleating, and have no intention of stopping any time soon.

Care to suggest a challenging playstyle in which Donnel is useful?

This is more of your "moving the goalposts" garbage, which will be summarily rejected. Challenge is only a single aspect among the many that people play this game for, where a unit could conceivably be rated as the "worst" at something.

Anyway, Donnel's crappy base stats drag Morgan's bases down, so it makes him/her harder to train as well.

Newsflash: decisions sometimes have negative consequences. Film at eleven.

Morgan doesn't suffer too badly since he only gets a third of his bases from Donnel. The other two-thirds are his immutable bases, and what he gets from his mother. Who is the over-leveled Avatar, in all likelihood. With Morgan getting a complete level every kill in his joining chapter, it doesn't take very long before he's ridiculous. It's entirely possible that he's already capping stats before he hits 20 in his tier 1 reclass, even.

Edited by Interceptor

Donnel's actually harder to train than Nino is, though.

Nino isn't facing certain death against EVERY enemy in her joining chapter, unlike Pothead.

Well, by the time Nino joins, everyone else is head and shoulders above her. And since FE7 enemies are bad, I'd actually have to hold back to train her.

Poor Donnel does appallingly badly even with a Frederick pair up with Tonics on normal, though. He gets owned in Chapter 6 at base.

iirc in HM, once Donnel isn't doubled (after a level or 2), he can actually tank stuff with Kellam support and Tonics.

Edited by XeKr

Challenge is only a single aspect among the many that people play this game for, where a unit could conceivably be rated as the "worst" at something.

The only contexts I consider are challenging ones. You are replying to me, and it is therefore your task to come up with a context that is challenging (like the ones I have listed) in which Donnel is useful.

Morgan doesn't suffer too badly since he only gets a third of his bases from Donnel. The other two-thirds are his immutable bases, and what he gets from his mother. Who is the over-leveled Avatar, in all likelihood. With Morgan getting a complete level every kill in his joining chapter, it doesn't take very long before he's ridiculous. It's entirely possible that he's already capping stats before he hits 20 in his tier 1 reclass, even.

For the sake of argument, I'll take this for granted.

Donnel gives Galeforce to a female child, so pairing him with the Avatar is a complete waste. Secondly, the Avatar can pair up with a unit like Nowi or Tiki to have a Manakete Morgan, and that's superior to anything Donnel has to offer.

Aptitude isn't really worthwhile for children in non-grinding runs anyway. You don't have much time to train them.

Are you sure it's true in Normal and Hard? I didn't find him hard to train at all my first run.

Plus, Donnel comes around Chapter 4. Nino comes around Chapter 26/28. At least if I train Donnel for a chapter or 2 he demolishes the rest of the game. <_<

getting him up a level on lunatic and above sucks. you have to surround archers and hope that donnel goes up a level.

Donnel vs Ricken:

Let's compare a bunch of contexts and see who comes out on top.

LTC: Donnel is unsalvageable; Ricken is great here thanks to Rescue.

Efficiency: Donnel is not as bad but still horrible. Ricken is still great here because he can become a Dark Knight or he can use Rescue.

Drafts: Never played one, but I think Donnel would be shitty here too. Ricken can become a Dark Knight.

Lunatic+: Ricken can avoid Counter and become a Rescue bot. I think Donnel might be untrainable here.

0% (hypothetical): Ricken can become a Rescue bot. Donnel is completely unsalvageable.

Casual: Nothing matters here.

The possiblity of doing a 0% growths run doesn't even exist, so the point is m00t.

Reguarding drafts, I can testify he's terrible and only drags your team down. I'd pass on him with 6 out of 7 draft-units if I could.

Why are we discussing about Tiki in a Tiki topic again?

Tikiception

It's Chiki.

That's terrible and you should feel terrible.

Anyone who can become a War Cleric is the best unit

Wrong. Anyone that is a War Monk is the best unit.

See: Libra

War and Cleric do not mix

:Wrys:

And that's why I call them battle nuns. :awesome:

Anyway, Donnel's crappy base stats drag Morgan's bases down, so it makes him/her harder to train as well.

Guys marrying and having children? In MY FE? Awesome.

The only contexts I consider are challenging ones. You are replying to me, and it is therefore your task to come up with a context that is challenging (like the ones I have listed) in which Donnel is useful.

And now we circle back to why I consider your comments basically useless. They are either banal, hyperbolic, or so narrowly defined as to require a microscope to see. Sometimes it's a combination of the three.

For the sake of argument, I'll take this for granted.

It's not subject to your approval, son. Morgan only gets a third of his bases from dad: fact. His tier 1 reclass gets a level-up every kill with Veteran: also a fact. I suppose you could say that Avatar isn't over-leveled? Best of luck. I'd accept it, but you wouldn't argue it.

[...] pairing him with the Avatar is a complete waste.

A complete waste. Well, look at that, time to pull the ripcord on this "conversation".

Well, by the time Nino joins, everyone else is head and shoulders above her. And since FE7 enemies are bad, I'd actually have to hold back to train her.

She can easily get a few kills in Night of Farewells while everyone else trucks Hector to the throne.

And now we circle back to why I consider your comments basically useless. They are either banal, hyperbolic, or so narrowly defined as to require a microscope to see. Sometimes it's a combination of the three.

It's not subject to your approval, son. Morgan only gets a third of his bases from dad: fact. His tier 1 reclass gets a level-up every kill with Veteran: also a fact. I suppose you could say that Avatar isn't over-leveled? Best of luck. I'd accept it, but you wouldn't argue it.

A complete waste. Well, look at that, time to pull the ripcord on this "conversation".

You didn't respond to a single point I made. Lol.

She can easily get a few kills in Night of Farewells while everyone else trucks Hector to the throne.

But with most of the unpromoted enemies unable to go a round with my promoted badasses and live...

I was going to say Ricken, but I'm afraid someone is going to lash out at me for apparently having a wrong opinion, so I'll go ahead and say Inigo.

how is Inigo bad in your opinion?

The possiblity of doing a 0% growths run doesn't even exist, so the point is m00t.

Of course they can. Someone might be able to hack the game.

Also, why do people think Ricken is bad? Being a Rescuebot with high magic makes him a good unit in every context there is in the game.

Hector does that by himself.

That works, too.

But with most of the unpromoted enemies unable to go a round with my promoted badasses and live...

What about the pirate reinforcements that Nino can easily pick off?

That works, too.

What about the pirate reinforcements that Nino can easily pick off?

Dead, dead, deadski... on someone else's blade because they, too, are weak as all get out.

Realistically joins about 2/3rd the game in, and having Olivia's stats as your mother really hurts.

That reminds me, as far as children go, I think Inigo has it pretty bad relative to all the others.

Realistically joins about 2/3rd the game in, and having Olivia's stats as your mother really hurts.

well when he joins you his stats might be low because of Olivia but if you raise him he is really good especially if Chrom is his father

well when he joins you his stats might be low because of Olivia but if you raise him he is really good especially if Chrom is his father

I'd say not even being fathered by Chrom is enough to undo the damage that being connected to Olivia does to his case, particularly because he (arguably) has the hardest paralogue out of the children.