SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It's true though. It DOES have low KO potential. I should know, I used Ike to death in lots of matches and I only KO'd people with Great Aether maybe a little less than half the time.

The majority of the time me or my younger cousin who use Ike quite a bit. Ko easily with Great Aether I guess experiences vary there but it by no means needs a buff all it needs is the flames being blue to be more accurate to Fe10

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the time me or my younger cousin who use Ike quite a bit. Ko easily with Great Aether I guess experiences vary there but it by no means needs a buff all it needs is the flames being blue to be more accurate to Fe10

i guess if you have decent di it's liveable. though even when i played and was a complete "noob" i noticed it didn't kill often until >40%

all it needs is the flames being blue to be more accurate to Fe10

True that, his Japanese nickname IS Hero of Blue Flames. I also like calling him the Blue Flame. Though in English, Ike's called the Radiant Hero, which is also really cool. :3

So the Animal Crossing stage for the 3DS is Tortimer's Island. That's today's directors post. Sakurai says that the stage's layout will be different each time the stage is played.

Tortimer_Island_SSB4-3DS.jpg

Edited by Naui

I thought that might be from AC. Speaking of revealing stages, this month is the first anniversary of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, so a reveal of Treacherous Mansion would be awesome. :3

So the Animal Crossing stage for the 3DS is Tortimer's Island. That's today's directors post. Sakurai says that the stage's layout will be different each time the stage is played.

Tortimer_Island_SSB4-3DS.jpg

That's pretty neat, it just me or does it look like per playable fighter series we may be getting at least one stage per system? Even Kid Icarus got Palutenas temple for the Wii U and that was in Uprising and we have the 3DS stage based on the first Viridi chapter.

It'd be unfair if a series had stages exclusive to only one system. Course, that depends on how many stages a series even gets, but even so, I'd much prefer it this way

Apologies for being out of the know, but why were people expecting a reveal today? Not meant as being a jerk, I just literally don't know

The Diddy Kong reveal being a week after Mac got people to assume a reveal a week or something. To be fair we did get a reveal of sorts. A new stage

Metaknight is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and seeing him back with a debuff would be nice then I could actually use him without feeling bad.

He is in the game no worries on that. You can't just remove him at this point. He signifies the cool side of Kirby

He is in the game no worries on that.

Yeah, especially since a lot of Kirby characters are affected by Ridley syndrome.

I just had a better Idea for a new character. Sakurai should put in Wonderful Red, he basically has a moveset already.

Edited by AlphaZero

What do you guys think are the possibilities of a Chrom/Lucina tag team, kind of like Zelda/Sheik? I think it would be wise considering how many people want Lucina added.

I think that's the only way Lucina would ever be playable in the game, actually. All she has going for her on her own is her popularity and we all know that popularity alone doesn't get characters into games. I wouldn't play as Chrom/Lucina, but it would be a unique thing to do in the Fire Emblem department.

That's pretty neat, it just me or does it look like per playable fighter series we may be getting at least one stage per system? Even Kid Icarus got Palutenas temple for the Wii U and that was in Uprising and we have the 3DS stage based on the first Viridi chapter.

Well it would appear that every single franchise will have a stage for both versions. Punch Out!! has the boxing ring in the 3DS version even though there has never been any Punch Out games for the 3DS. Besides, though the stage for Palutena's Temple is from the Uprising, Kid Icarus was a NES and SNES title.

Well it would appear that every single franchise will have a stage for both versions. Punch Out!! has the boxing ring in the 3DS version even though there has never been any Punch Out games for the 3DS. Besides, though the stage for Palutena's Temple is from the Uprising, Kid Icarus was a NES and SNES title.

Im well aware. Except you mean Nes and GB. There was no SNES game unless I seriously missed one.

Palutenas Temple goes against what was said however. "Console game stages will be on the Wii U" "Handhelds stages on the 3DS"

Palutena's Temple is a bit of an oddity. Until we have an official name for it, it could very well be another Skyworld themes stage that takes inspiration from Uprising.

Or Sakurai doesn't want to acknowledge the NES Kid Icarus.

New pic of the day is a Punch Out trophy. But he looks like some dumb Little Mac fanboy. Why not one of the, you know, actual boxers? XP

That's Little Mac from Captain Rainbow.

Captain Rainbow acknowledgement.

Interesting, this very well could be an odd hint to a possiblity of an assist or.. playable character?

Captain Rainbow acknowledgement.

Interesting, this very well could be an odd hint to a possiblity of an assist or.. playable character?

Nah, I think it's just a trophy.