SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It may just be a trophy yes but do remember this games set of newcomers is extremely bizarre. Captain Rainbow honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New pic of the day is a Punch Out trophy. But he looks like some dumb Little Mac fanboy. Why not one of the, you know, actual boxers? XP

Super Macho Man for Smash 4.

Now with more releasing of the bogus.

A man can dream.

Whenever Meta Knight returns, I still hope for one VERY specific song that has yet to get a good remix since its debut.

And don't mention Epic Yarn's. That version was terrible.

Oh. XP. I've heard of Captain Rainbow, but know like next to nothing about it. Lol

Wikipedia isn't the most reliable. But its the easiest to link and has the general gist so here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Rainbow

Notable more obscure Nintendo characters that show up include Takamaru and Lip.

And Rainbow (Nick) may have some uniqueness along with those two other possibilities that Sakurai is looking for

Wikipedia isn't the most reliable. But its the easiest to link and has the general gist so here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Rainbow

Notable more obscure Nintendo characters that show up include Takamaru and Lip.

And Rainbow (Nick) may have some uniqueness along with those two other possibilities that Sakurai is looking for

...The hell. This sounds like the stupidest shit I've ever seen for a Nintendo console aside from some of those girly third party titles. No wonder it did so poorly and was never released out west.

That's Little Mac from Captain Rainbow.

Glad to see them giving Captain Rainbow references in Smash, especially since Captain Rainbow helps shine some spotlight on the lesser known Nintendo characters. Even if none of the other Captain Rainbow stars show up as playable in Smash (like Captain Rainbow himself, Takamaru, Lip, and Hikari) besides Little Mac, I'm hoping we'll at least get more Captain Rainbow trophies.

And on the topic of Captain Rainbow, I thought I'd post this video that was posted in the comments section on GoNintendo:

Edited by Randoman

It may just be a trophy yes but do remember this games set of newcomers is extremely bizarre. Captain Rainbow honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

?

Little Mac - Not bizarre.

Rosalina & Luma - Not bizarre.

Wii Fit Trainer - Bizarre.

Megaman - Not bizarre.

Villager - Not bizarre.

Seems pretty natural to me so far.

I agree with Red Fox. These newcomers aren't bizarre at all. :/

Also, that Captain Rainbow video makes the game look even worse. I can't believe Sakurai is even mentioning this garbage in his games.

?Little Mac - Not bizarre.Rosalina & Luma - Not bizarre.Wii Fit Trainer - Bizarre.Megaman - Not bizarre.Villager - Not bizarre.Seems pretty natural to me so far.

Rosalina and Villager were pretty out of left field to me. I suppose I'm alone in those sentiments

I thought of villager as bizarre, at least in part because he said it wouldn't happen before, and I guess mega man seemed kind of bizarre to me in a "dang that's big/holy shit it's mega man" way

Ana, I don't mean to force you or anything, but I think people would appreciate it if you didn't call Captain Rainbow garbage, just as, like, a small courtesy. You can keep your opinion the way it is but putting it like that sounds like a value judgement, which people just plain don't like to hear

Ana, I don't mean to force you or anything, but I think people would appreciate it if you didn't call Captain Rainbow garbage, just as, like, a small courtesy. You can keep your opinion the way it is but putting it like that sounds like a value judgement, which people just plain don't like to hear

Especially since she's never played the game in question before.

...The hell. This sounds like the stupidest shit I've ever seen for a Nintendo console aside from some of those girly third party titles. No wonder it did so poorly and was never released out west.

Once more, 'Muricans failing to understand another culture and calling it shit.

Love my country so much.

What seems like shit to you might be genius to Japan.

That said, I still want playable Tingle.

I think this small acknowledgement is interesting.

Never played Captain Rainbow I think it sounds interesting and its protagonist has a unique flavor to bring to smash possibly, while I am not saying he'll be in, the fact its acknowledged I do feel should keep us on the look out much like how Sakurai mentioned size is inconsistent in smash a few weeks back.

Sakurai likes to make us think and I like this.

Athena beat me to it again.

I wonder what they'll do regarding Pokemon Wii U stages, since mainstream Pokemon games are never on consoles. They'll probably use a Pokepark stage or a Pokemon Battle Revolution Stage. Or maybe even something from the Gamecube era like Mt. Battle's Summit or Greevil's Throne room. I'm really hoping they'll use one of the last two, since those were epic battle locations.

And we're all anonymously expecting a Yoshi reveal Thursday right? I mean, Yoshi's New Island's NA release is on that day and Japan isn't getting it until much later (Summer 2013). I must be one of the few people who use Yoshi quite often. It's quite sad he seems to be the most shafted and least popular of the original 8.

Fighting on top... of the Eiffel Tower...

brb getting a preorder

In a completely expected thing, I didn't see the picture when I saw this part of the post, so naturally I thought it was related to Sakura Wars 3. :P

Cool, Lumiose.

On topic of Pokemon Stages, do you all think a Pokemon Stadium 3 stage is gonna be a thing?

LUMIOSE CITY! Hell yes. :D

And if Yosh's New Island is out soon, then Yoshi is definitely a strong possibility. But it's also the anniversary of FE10's European release, so I don't think Ike is out of the question either. :P

Yoshi has a few users I know of. Not exactly shafted considering all smash characters have their fans. I do expect a Yoshi reveal. But I assume I'll be closer to the Japanese release date, just a hunch.

Luniose city is a cool choice of stage. I hope for a Colosseum or XD inspired stage especially considering that would mean getting some of their music

LUMIOSE CITY! Hell yes. :D

And if Yosh's New Island is out soon, then Yoshi is definitely a strong possibility. But it's also the anniversary of FE10's European release, so I don't think Ike is out of the question either. :P

Out of the two, Yoshi's significantly more likely. Let's not grasp at straws, shall we?

The idea of fighting on the tower is interesting, although I think they also could've done a good job if they had the players fight in the moonlit streets, with streetlamps in the background and trees and the tower itself. Do we think the time will change, or will it be titled something like "Lumiose Nightline"?