SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

@ Rehab : I dunno, his voice sounded much deeper to me. There were occasions when he sounded a bit more like normal Wario, like with the 'Wahaha' and the laughs and such, but I remember Wario's voice as being not so deep and rough, but more like this. I didn't really get that from the Brawl performance, but perhaps I'm being too nitpicky. ~___~

Not much to say about the timelock thing except that it seems unlikely to me (not that I'm an expert on that sort of hacking or anything). Also that there's nothing wrong with writing something out and having your perspective changed while doing so. Writing is discovery!

I dunno, at this point I'm wondering what sort of WiiU-exclusive modes the game will have.

I'm guessing we'll get SOME kind of single-player experience in the vein of Classic/melee's Adventure mode; Sakurai talked about how he didn't want to do like a Subspace Emissary deal with this game, but I'm fairly certain he was referring to the easily-spoilable cutscenes... in terms of gameplay, I think it's still completely plausible that we'll have a couple 1P modes.

Personally I'd love to see some stuff like Melee's adventure mode or classic minigames like break the targets / board the platforms / race to the finish. The lattermost was especially fun in Melee, as I recall...

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Rehab : I dunno, his voice sounded much deeper to me. There were occasions when he sounded a bit more like normal Wario, like with the 'Wahaha' and the laughs and such, but I remember Wario's voice as being not so deep and rough, but more like this. I didn't really get that from the Brawl performance, but perhaps I'm being too nitpicky. ~___~

In an interview with Charles Martinet, even though it's his exact same voice, different directors from Nintendo and studios he works with always tells him to change his tone frequently. It may sound low on one game but it will be a bit more high pitched in another. Mario Galaxy is the biggest one to note since he has a more happy and joyful tone compared to Mario Sunshine.

Yeah, it occurred to to me recently that the reason we have to wait awhile in between newcomer reveals is probably because this is about how long it takes for them to finish the CG and stuff for the reveal trailers.

I think it's more likely that he wants to spread big news out.

Regarding that rumour, I'd at least stick it in the "plausible" area for now. It's definitely something we should pay attention to, and see how the rumour matches up with confirmed news. Red Fox has a point about Little Mac and a 6th Gen Pokemon being easy enough to guess, though we'll have to see how the rest of the list holds up at E3.

Actually, didn't the X/Y Pokemon "prediction" only come out after Greninja's reveal? I think Little Mac is the only newcomer we can confirm that source guessed correctly.

I think it's more likely that he wants to spread big news out.

That is also entirely possible.

Don't underestimate all the work that must go into the CG and stuff in those trailers, though. I mean... holy shit.

In an interview with Charles Martinet, even though it's his exact same voice, different directors from Nintendo and studios he works with always tells him to change his tone frequently. It may sound low on one game but it will be a bit more high pitched in another. Mario Galaxy is the biggest one to note since he has a more happy and joyful tone compared to Mario Sunshine.

Yeah that's true. I suppose I forgot to account for the voice direction side of things. Oh well, I suppose we'll see

(also WTF are you talking about Mario totally sounded joyful in Sunshine) oh

Edited by BANRYU

Yeah that's true. I suppose I forgot to account for the voice direction side of things. Oh well, I suppose we'll see

(also WTF are you talking about Mario totally sounded joyful in Sunshine)

I didn't say he wasn't. It was much higher pitch in Galaxy than in Sunshine.

Actually, didn't the X/Y Pokemon "prediction" only come out after Greninja's reveal? I think Little Mac is the only newcomer we can confirm that source guessed correctly.

The rumor appeared shortly before the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct aired.

Palla Catria and Est have more games than Marth...

Minerva confirmed for Smash 4 :Kappa:

Camus has them beat. Or at least Palla. Camus, Catria and Est have FE1, FE2, FE3, one of the Satelliview games, FE11, FE12 and FE13.

In terms of appearances in general, Camus actually has the most seeing as he appears in two of the Satelliview games, one of which he's playable in.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Camus has them beat. Or at least Palla. Camus, Catria and Est have FE1, FE2, FE3, one of the Satelliview games, FE11, FE12 and FE13.

In terms of appearances in general, Camus actually has the most seeing as he appears in two of the Satelliview games, one of which he's playable in.

Anna actually has the absolute most

Yeah, Anna has the most appearances of any FE character. lol

Also, I fell asleep earlier, and had a third dream about Ike's reveal. Damn it, three very different dreams about it and it's not reality yet. This one wasn't just a reveal for Ike though, it was a trailer showing a sorts of stuff we haven't seen yet, like veterans, a couple newcomers even, more game modes, etc. Like a last minute trailer, I suppose. I doubt some of it could actually happen, but it almost feels like it's a prophetic dream or something anyway. :P

But two things I definitely remember that make total sense: Marth got an English voice and Ike's voice was smexy as hell even though it didn't sound like Jason Adkins. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh those dreams where cool things happen is the worst because then you want them to happen SOOO BAAAAAD and reality will NEVER live up to the hype your subconscious comes up with in your dreams.

I hope Marth gets an English voice too though.

Hey so

I wonder what kind of coloration options the Pokemon characters will have. So far Pikachu and Jigglypuff have been the only characters in the entire roster (IIRC) that have an external accessory added to their character models in the form of their various adorable hats.

Personally, I never much liked it when Charizard/Lucario/Mewtwo were just different colors on their bodies.

Anyone else hope Charizard and Greninja get their own adorable accessories in the next game? That'd be nice I think, if perhaps more difficult to program (admittedly it kinda contradicts my argument that things like Lord/Hero Ike would be impossible... ehehe....).

Edited by BANRYU

I know, right, Ban? xP

Some of what happened in my dream was just plain weird, but some of it was uber awesome, like the bit that looked like it could've been from the story mode. That's where I heard the voiced lines from Marth and Ike. :P

Speaking of Marth's voice, what do you guys think of Jay Barucel voicing English Marth? I feel like it'd be quite fitting, since his voice would really portray the "honourable and just" yet "naive and idealistic" personality of Marth very well, especially with how Jay portrayed Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon.

...yeah, I know that Marth's voice in the April 8 Direct was still Japanese, but Sakurai did say that all elements shown aren't finalized. Also, perhaps Sakurai didn't bother to change the game versions (as in NTSC, PAL, etc.) for each of the regions (North America, Europe, etc.) he was showing the Smash Direct to.

The rumor appeared shortly before the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct aired.

Yep. That's what this article says as well.

Speaking of rumours, I noticed quite an overlap with the "Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and R.O.B. cut from SSB4" rumour and the "48 characters with 4 cuts for SSB4" rumour. With Charizard being confirmed without the Pokemon Trainer, that implies Ivysaur and Squirtle will be cut. If you add Snake and R.O.B. from the first rumour, you get 4 cut characters (when you count individual playable Pokemon as separate characters) in all: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and R.O.B. So basically, that would make both rumours true.

I guess it'd be too early to tell for sure if those 4 will actually get cut, but it's another thing to watch out for, regarding watching rumours come true and seeing if they hold any weight based on how they compare with future reveals.

Anyways:

daily.jpg

Pic of the day. Tac (on the left) steals your charged power. If you've charged up a lot, he might steal a ton of it. Chase after him quickly to get it back!!

Edited by Randoman

But two things I definitely remember that make total sense: Marth got an English voice and Ike's voice was smexy as hell even though it didn't sound like Jason Adkins. :3

I just hope that Marth gets an English voice even though FE12 couldn't make it. It's okay if it's Japanese again. It's unknown at this time since his voice hasn't yet been finalized outside of Japan.

I'm beginning to think that Navi/Tatl may make it for an item, or assist battler.

EDIT: I've got it. Birdo may be playable. Might be one of our surprises.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

I'm beginning to think that Navi/Tatl may make it for an item, or assist battler.

EDIT: I've got it. Birdo may be playable. Might be one of our surprises.

No love for Toadette being playable?

No love for Toadette being playable?

In all honesty I don't even want anymore Mario characters. Heck I don't even want more pokemon characters at this point and I love both series.

Edited by kingddd

Mario, Zelda and Pokémon need no more then their current characters (we know Dorf and Jiggly are back let's not fool ourselves)

Why are people still wanting more of any of those three instead of more obscure or lesser known series eh?

Omfg, Toadette as playable? Obvious joke, guys. Come on.

Sorry, but I am in full force for Toadette. She was really important in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Old Door as well. If she didn't explain the controls to Mario about the curses, he'd be forever stuck in the chest.

I think a petition is in order.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Goombella either, that was suggested before.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

Sorry, but I am in full force for Toadette. She was really important in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Old Door as well. If she didn't explain the controls to Mario about the curses, he'd be forever stuck in the chest.

I think a petition is in order.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Goombella either, that was suggested before.

I would rather have Paper Mario get in before minor characters like tutorial Toadette and a partner like Goombella.

Speaking of Marth's voice, what do you guys think of Jay Barucel voicing English Marth? I feel like it'd be quite fitting, since his voice would really portray the "honourable and just" yet "naive and idealistic" personality of Marth very well, especially with how Jay portrayed Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon.

...yeah, I know that Marth's voice in the April 8 Direct was still Japanese, but Sakurai did say that all elements shown aren't finalized. Also, perhaps Sakurai didn't bother to change the game versions (as in NTSC, PAL, etc.) for each of the regions (North America, Europe, etc.) he was showing the Smash Direct to.

I am not sure if this if that trailer might have Marth's Japanese voice speaking in the Localized version of SSB for Nintendo 3DS / Wii again or his Japanese voice actor probably does only for the Japanese version, but I did saw that in Little Mac's trailer did have shown Mega Man and Bowser shown as Rockman and Koopa.

Edited by King Marth 64