SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

wcyl.png

These four are likely going to make the cut. What do you guys think?

Little Mac did. No surprise.

Pac Man will for sure. :D

Pkmn Trainer should either be Rosa, or Serena. Caleb works as well.

Daisy. A must.

King K.Rool. This I agree. He has quite a history.

Bomberman may be my next guess.

Why should Daisy be added? We have enough Mario characters and princesses already! You can play as Peach and use her outfit.

What moves should Pac-Man get? I would prefer other characters from Namco. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia would be more reasonable.

King K. Rool would be cool and possible, although he and the Kremlings are not used as enemies in the latest DK games.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Why should Daisy be added? We have enough Mario characters and princesses already! You can play as Peach and use her outfit.

2. What moves should Pac-Man get? 3. I would prefer other characters from Namco. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia would be more reasonable.

4. King K. Rool would be cool and possible, although he and the Kremlings are not used as enemies in the latest DK games.

1. One of her alternate costumes is not enough. Daisy is fitting to make the cut for her longtime history and Daisy's final smash should be taking a baseball bat and knocking the opponent out of the ring (doing damage like Zelda's light arrow) to fit her tomboyish-like attitude. Should be paired with Luigi in the Smash game (The Subspace Emmisionary) for absolute shipping like they did with Mario and Peach. One of her taunts should be "Your mine!"

aesq.png
f7dg.png
(Final Smash)

See...

2. Pac Man should have moves similar to Kirby except that he should spit out

kgl7.jpg

them in a storm like way for his final smash.

3. I dunno about that. Nintendo wouldn't invite a new company that is still in business. Sega's Sonic mascot made the cut for them being out of business and is still making games under Nintendo's tutelage.

4. Maybe not, be he needs to at least be an assist battler.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

1. One of her alternate costumes is not enough. Daisy is fitting to make the cut for her longtime history and Daisy's final smash should be taking a baseball bat and knocking the opponent out of the ring to fit her tomboyish-like attitude. Should be paired with Luigi in the Smash game for absolute shipping like they did with Mario and Peach.

2. Pac Man should have moves similar to Kirby except that he should spit out.

Do you really want to get more "copycats" in Smash Bros? This is really the last thing I want to see! SSBB had enough of them!

Do you really want to get more "copycats" in Smash Bros? This is really the last thing I want to see! SSBB had enough of them!

Chrom and Lucina are about copycats too, but they should have different final smashes and moves. But...I would bet that Chrom and Ike will more likely make the cut than Lucina. If Lucina is to make it, she should be downloaded as DLC only. Daisy is fitting to make a filler for existing alot longer than any of the Fire Emblem characters. Daisy is one of Mario's friends

that he cheated on Peach behind her back after finding out the truth about her getting kidnapped on purpose to troll him to save her when she secretly also had another crush, King Koopa.

What do you think that they do while Mario is out saving her ass? Exactly. Making out. ...And what reward does Mario get for all this other than a birthday cake and a kiss? Why else would Peach never be harmed after being saved?? Mario got upset and jealous that he had to get away from it all for awhile and saved Daisy after meeting her in the Sarhara Desert. He also turned into a dictator to actually overthrow Wario afterwards after invading his castle getting Wario to get the money to claim a new home, or somehow getting his old one back. This isn't the only time that Mario was a dictator. He was one in Donkey Kong J.r preventing his son from saving his father. Mario also has a darkside within himself like Kain. :3

After finding out the truth

Not against her in anyway, but sometimes she just takes it a little too far. -.-

Annnyway...Daisy should make the cut for that longtime history along with being in many other games and never getting on Mario's nerves. It's not about wanting no similarities. It's all about the longtime histories. Which these Mario characters have had more than any other Nintendo character in history. Marth is the only Fire Emblem character to make it in nearly every game because of his heroism and most liked and longtime histories. Ike fits the bill in this as well as to why that he should make the cut to this game as well.

And who else but me should think that...

7l5o.jpg

Waluigi

..this guy should make it? He's been Luigi's rival for ages like Wario has for Mario. So Wario made the last cut as to the same reason why that Waluigi should make it too. The Mario characters appear more than any other in the smash bros games for their histories being longer that anyone elses including as to even why that we even started to play videogames in the first place. Think about the histories, then you will get your answer as to who will make the cuts in the smash bros franchises. :D

I already stated as to why that

wny8.pngdkro.png

Paulina should even have a chance at making the cut. She does posses a chance at making it.

8mDMN.jpg

MEGAMAN!!!!

He only made it because Capcom works under Nintendo for their buisnesses going down lately.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

These four are likely going to make the cut. What do you guys think?

Little Mac did. No surprise.

Pac Man will for sure. :D

Pkmn Trainer should either be Rosa, or Serena. Caleb works as well.

Daisy. A must.

King K.Rool. This I agree. He has quite a history.

Bomberman may be my next guess.

Pac Man - I hope so. I want him

Daisy - Truth be told, she'd be cool, but she should just stick to being a palette swap or a bonus costume rather than a full fledged character. Not someone I'd want as a stand alone when we already got 5 Mario characters

King K. Rool - He is another I'd like to see but I'm not sure the chances

Pkmn Trainer - Highly unlikely. There's no shifting or transforming characters in Smash 4 and if we were to have one, then it'd be Red.

There's so many others I'd rather see than those from other series.

Edited by Naui

1. Pac Man - I hope so. I want him

2. Daisy - Truth be told, she'd be cool, but she should just stick to being a palette swap or a bonus costume rather than a full fledged character. Not someone I'd want as a stand alone when we already got 5 Mario characters

3. King K. Rool - He is another I'd like to see but I'm not sure the chances

4. Pkmn Trainer - Highly unlikely. There's no shifting or transforming characters in Smash 4 and if we were to have one, then it'd be Red.

5. There's so many others I'd rather see than those from other series.

wny8.pngdkro.png

Paulina should too for her longtime histories of Donkey Kong and explaining why already that she should (Being around longer than even Princess Peach) as we have too many Mario characters already that Daisy would make number 6. She is needed for "The Subspace Emmissionary" shipping for Luigi. :3

njx6.jpg

See in this photograph of showing Mushroom icom for Mario characters and the Triforce puzzle for Zelda characters. DK has a barrel-like icon and that Paulina should be marked under DK barrel for hers as she is NOT a Mario character. We do need more Donkey Kong characters after all.

1. Yes. He MUST make the cut at any cost. He's had along a history even longer than the Mario characters.

2. Character, please.

3. Technically, Dixie Kong will likely make it more than him. But...like Paulina, K.Rool also has a chance.

4. Yep. The Pokemon are said to fight alone.

5. Which is...?

Edited by Dark_Huntress

1. Yes. He MUST make the cut at any cost. He's had along a history even longer than the Mario characters.

2. Character, please.

3. Technically, Dixie Kong will likely make it more than him. But...like Paulina, K.Rool also has a chance.

4. Yep. The Pokemon are said to fight alone.

5. Which is...?

1. Well he also is the most recognized video game character in the world. It doesn't guarantee he'll be in, but I'll be hopeful for him

2. I don't mind daisy, but she doesn't play a heavy role in the Mario world. Other than Mario Kart, Party, and Sports games, Daisy hasn't had a major role since Super Mario Land. Besides if we're gonna add another Mario, I'd rather have Bowser Jr. (character 1 BTW)

3. Dixie's another I'd want (Character 2). I still remain somewhat, but not really, hopeful for K. Rool

4. Yeah, so highly unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

5. Well, we've made lists plenty of times in the past so I suppose the ones I want the most, along with the three mentioned above, are Isaac, Palutena, Chrom, Krystal, and Chrom.

1. Well he also is the most recognized video game character in the world. It doesn't guarantee he'll be in, but I'll be hopeful for him

2. I don't mind daisy, but she doesn't play a heavy role in the Mario world. Other than Mario Kart, Party, and Sports games, Daisy hasn't had a major role since Super Mario Land. Besides if we're gonna add another Mario, I'd rather have Bowser Jr. (character 1 BTW)

3. Dixie's another I'd want (Character 2). I still remain somewhat, but not really, hopeful for K. Rool

4. Yeah, so highly unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

5. Well, we've made lists plenty of times in the past so I suppose the ones I want the most, along with the three mentioned above, are Isaac, Palutena, Chrom, Krystal, and Chrom.

1. Please.

2. Boshi. What about him...? He's been Yoshi's rival since the dawn of time. He should be branded under the Yoshi Egg icon for being a Yoshi character rather than a Mario one.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Said Chrom twice already. xP

But...yes. He should make it. Are you kidding...? Paultena should be branded under the Kid Icarus logo. We need more Kid Icarus characters after all.

The old Donkey Kong stage shall return like it was in Brawl. We do need an NES history-like moments in the game. The reason I mention Pac Man, is because of having a longtime history like Mr.Game and Watch as they were around much longer than Princess Peach and Mario. Paulina's been around longer than Princess Peach as did Mario and Luigi.

EDIT: Who else agrees that Princess Peach should have red hair for one of her alternate costumes? She has been a red head for quite awhile in the earlier Mario franchises including the Super Mario Bros cartoons of SMB2, 3.and World. They should make that a DLC moment for her to download. Bowser should have all green reptile-like skin and should be named King Koopa. I'd like that as well for one of his DLC alternate costumes to download. :D

Edited by Dark_Huntress

1. Please.

2. Boshi. What about him...? He's been Yoshi's rival since the dawn of time. He should be branded under the Yoshi Egg icon for being a Yoshi character rather than a Mario one.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Said Chrom twice already. xP

But...yes. He should make it. Are you kidding...? Paultena should be branded under the Kid Icarus logo. We need more Kid Icarus characters after all.

The old Donkey Kong stage shall return like it was in Brawl. We do need a NES history-like moments in the game. The reason I mention Pac Man, is because of having a longtime history like Mr.Game and Watch as they were around much longer than Princess Peach and Mario. Paulina's been around longer than Princess Peach as did Mario and Luigi.

I realized it now that you mention it. Well yeah. Everyone in point 5 are characters from existing Smash participating franchises. Only Isaac (and Pac-Man) are the only ones of my pre-E3 2013 series reps have yet to be announced. The fact that Isaac wasn't shown as an Assist in the Smash Direct makes me a little hopeful

Pauline is hit and miss for me. She is a part of the start of the Nintendo Empire, but she wasn't seen again until 12 years later and not even in a platformer mario.

I realized it now that you mention it. Well yeah. Everyone in point 5 are characters from existing Smash participating franchises. Only Isaac (and Pac-Man) are the only ones of my pre-E3 2013 series reps have yet to be announced. The fact that Isaac wasn't shown as an Assist in the Smash Direct makes me a little hopeful

Pauline is hit and miss for me. She is a part of the start of the Nintendo Empire, but she wasn't seen again until 12 years later and not even in a platformer mario.

So hasn't Samus and she still made it. No Metroids were made for nearly a decade after Super Metroid. If Paulina were to be regular, or DLC character...I'd buy it. If Bowser were to have all green-like reptile skin and be named King Koopa (As seen in the Mario cartoons), I'd buy it. If Princess Peach were to have red hair and a white dress with a Pink stripe for her DLC download, I'd buy it. This must be the greatest Smash Bros game to ever grace the shelves after it's release. We need DLC content for it, too.

If Samurai Goroh makes it, I'll laugh.

g7fc.png

gnzn.jpg

Bring in Black Bull, or Deathborn, please. Marked under F-Zero logo icon of course. We need more F-Zero characters, too.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

So hasn't Samus and she still made it. No Metroids were made for nearly a decade after Super Metroid. If Paulina were to be regular, or DLC character...I'd buy it. If Bowser were to have all green-like reptile skin and be named King Koopa (As seen in the Mario cartoons), I'd buy it. If Princess Peach were to have red hair and a white dress with a Pink stripe for her DLC download, I'd buy it. This must be the greatest Smash Bros game to ever grace the shelves after it's release. We need DLC content for it, too.

If Samurai Goroh makes it, I'll laugh.

Bring in Black Bull, or Deathborn, please. Marked under F-Zero logo icon of course. We need more F-Zero characters, too.

Don't compare Samus to Pauline. Samus is the Main character her series and an original member from Smash 64. Plus she's been in more of games than Pauline has for her own. Pauline is a long shot in my opinion…and a very long one at that.

Samurai Goroh's already confirmed to return as an Assist.

Don't compare Samus to Pauline. Samus is the Main character her series and an original member from Smash 64. Plus she's been in more of games than Pauline has for her own. Pauline is a long shot in my opinion…and a very long one at that.

Samurai Goroh's already confirmed to return as an Assist.

Where is the confirmation data?

Everyone said has a chance. Both games won't be released till winter, so these guys have a chance at making the cut.

Where is the confirmation data?

Everyone said has a chance. Both games won't be released till winter, so these guys have a chance at making the cut.

Re watch the Smash Direct and all your answers will be found.

BTW, The 3DS version is coming in the Summer. Wii U comes in WInter

Re watch the Smash Direct and all your answers will be found.

BTW, The 3DS version is coming in the Summer. Wii U comes in WInter

The Wii U one comes later as they may plan to put in more stages and characters. Why so early for the 3ds one?! -.-

F-Zero Grand Prix

Should put in Deathborn's stage when Captain Falcon raced him in the underworld (Phantom Road). (F-Zero Grand Prix.)Had a bottomless pit and no guard rails there.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

The Wii U one comes later as they may plan to put in more stages and characters. Why so early for the 3ds one?! -.-

F-Zero Grand Prix

Should put in Deathborn's stage when Captain Falcon raced him in the underworld (Phantom Road). (F-Zero Grand Prix.)Had a bottomless pit and no guard rails there.

Both games will have the same cast of characters

Both games will have the same cast of characters

What would be any fun, or...worth buying for Wii-U's release then? Everything will be spoiled by summer. x.x

They are likely going to have different DLC content to download more than one another. It is confirmed that they will have some different stages than one another. Better wait till winter time to get both versions as I don't want to be completely spoiled until then. Why, Nintendo? Why spoil everything by summer? It's just going to shoot your Wii-U's profits straight down the tubes like a nosedive in the pool. Going to stay away (from watching youtube of them as well as for the SSB topics) as everything will be leaked by the summer time. x.x

Be back winter time once the game is out on the Wii-U when the 3ds version just gets released in the stores worldwide.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

What would be any fun, or...worth buying for Wii-U's release then? Everything will be spoiled by summer. x.x

They are likely going to have different DLC content to download more than one another. It is confirmed that they will have some different stages than one another. Better wait till winter time to get both versions as I don't want to be completely spoiled until then. Why, Nintendo? Why spoil everything by summer? It's just going to shoot your Wii-U's profits straight down the tubes like a nosedive in the pool. Going to stay away (from watching youtube of them as well as for the SSB topics) as well as everything will be leaked by the summer time. x.x

Be back winter time once the game is out on the Wii-U.

Did you forget that both versions will be different? Some game modes, along with content, won't be the same. If you really still don't get it, just watch the direct again.

Now, getting back to the pic of the day:

8mDMN.jpg

MEGAMAN!!!!

Did you forget that both versions will be different? Some game modes, along with content, won't be the same. If you really still don't get it, just watch the direct again.

Masihiro clearly said that only the characters will appear in both versions from their website. That's only the characters that are from the previous versions, like Mario and such ones that are already getting reveled before 3ds' release on their site. If not...going to stay away after 3ds' release until Wii-U's comes out. Still won't risk it by getting totally spoiled. x.x

Winter time is your best bet...I suppose. What I'll do since I plan to get both versions. By then, Nintendo can take my wallet since many of us likely have to buy a Wii-U as well. <3

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Masihiro clearly said that only the characters will appear in both versions from their website. That's only the characters that are from the previous versions, like Mario and such ones that are already getting reveled before 3ds' release on their site. If not...going to stay away after 3ds' release until Wii-U's comes out. Still won't risk it by getting totally spoiled. x.x

No, that's not what he said.

"Fundamentally we’re going to have the same characters on both systems," said Sakurai. "If there was a character you couldn’t play on Wii U but you could play on 3DS, or vice versa, that’s rough for consumers."

"So we want players to be able to have the same character experiences on both devices."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1972435/super_smash_bros_the_difference_between_wii_u_3ds_versions.html

It is nice to see more trophies and Pit´s and Kirby´s final smash are improved. Kirby´s final smash is the ultra sword: HELL YES!!!

I do not tend to buy a Wii U just because SSB4. The games do not interest me except for Pikmin 3 and SMTxFE. If the 3DS version will be a little worse, it would not a be big deal for me. Therefore I can get it earlier.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

What would be Pauline's moveset??

Some suggestions...

One of her outline moves should be that she throws her purse like a tomahawk powerful enough to bring impact to knock the player out when they're close to death. One of her moves should be that she tosses barrels and that she should hold out a barrel in front of the players attack whenever blocking.

p8jy.jpg

She should have a scream attack the emits soundwaves to keep the player from going to her constantly damaging them making it more lethal to emit a ko if thier health is badly beat up. They would have to jump over to avoid it. Although, she'd be Little Mac's biggest counter since he's lousy at jumping in the air. So, he's have to block instead.

wwz7.png
Had her history.
s1rh.png
This should happen before emmiting her final smash. XP
okhi.jpg
This should definitely be her final smash. Like attract in Pokemon that prevents the player from attacking for awhile while she could start beating ye up. But...should have a drawback which is that you must duck before the attack is initiated and that you won't be affected by it and she can't move while the attack is being done for about 5 seconds giving the player time to counter.
oye8.png
Hammer time should also be one of her moves as well.

Her weaknesses should be that she can only flip in the air without gliding like Peach.

Moves...

-Death Scream

-Hammer time

-Purse

-Final Smash Attract or Hammer time

-----

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/agentj/lists/super-smash-brothers-4-characters/14726/

I laugh when I see this. lol Cloud Strife. making it. XD

As if...

The ones that I said are likely going to make it than anyone else as well as the rest of us.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Pauline won't make it in, at least in the base game. I can practically guarantee this, at least in my mind. She may be well-loved by a *few* people, but she's not important to a series, (Mario Vs Donkey Kong is a mini-series, fine, I'll give you that) doesn't have widespread love, or a viable moveset. She just seems silly to me.

Personally I wouldn't take Ayanami's/Dark_Huntress' suggestions too seriously. He's not exactly the best person to discuss things with, considering he seems to disregard what most have said to him, especially concerning the Smash Direct. ~o3o~