SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Down B should be high-jump kick, use it in the air to rocket down on an opponent with fast speed and power, but beware missing.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's posted the new pic of the day yet? Oh well, here y'all go then. :) (I still can't make it show up as an image for some reason...)

Sakurai says: Pic of the Day. Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life.

Haha, silly Sakurai, this isn't new. You made stage trophies in Brawl as well. I remember because I had a Luigi's Mansion trophy. But this at least confirms that they aren't going anywhere, I guess. lol

Though I wonder why it's only SOME stages and not all of them... Maybe there's not enough room?

No one's posted the new pic of the day yet? Oh well, here y'all go then. :) (I still can't make it show up as an image for some reason...)

Sakurai says: Pic of the Day. Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life.

Haha, silly Sakurai, this isn't new. You made stage trophies in Brawl as well. I remember because I had a Luigi's Mansion trophy. But this at least confirms that they aren't going anywhere, I guess. lol

Though I wonder why it's only SOME stages and not all of them... Maybe there's not enough room?

He never said this feature was new.

He didn't say it wasn't either.

So? He doesn't have to mention that. You assumed he made a mistake on his post when he clearly did not.

So? He doesn't have to mention that. You assumed he made a mistake on his post when he clearly did not.

He doesn't have to outright say something IS new either. So it wasn't clear to me. I thought he might have made a mistake, so what? I don't see why you have to get on my case about it.

You're right, yes let's. :P

I wonder exactly WHICH stages will have trophies? I sure hope Arena Ferox does! And any other FE stage, for that matter. Brawl had a serious lack of FE trophies compared to other franchises. And even then, it was all Tellius-related except for Marth and Lyn. FE is much more than that. I was surprised to see no Caeda or Roy or anyone from Jugdral or Magvel. They got stickers, yeah, but still.

It WOULD be more well-known if it had been advertised the way Awakening was, methinks. xP

Besides, it IS more well-known now, so I feel there's no excuse.

May be more known now but its still not a Nintendo fans first thought of a set of franchises they'll think of first.

And that should matter why? It's still a Nintendo franchise that has a lot of games and it's one of their oldest series, for that matter.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the biggest advertisement for FE has actually been Smash Bros itself.

in a nutshell, yes.

They're subtle, but I've noticed in awakening that there are a few derivates from Smash. Lucina being one of them (her fighting pose and box art), Marth & Roy being the first DLC lords announced and most notably the Smash Brethren DLC.

Yeah, that's another reason I think FE needs more trophies. Smash helps advertise it too! I'm not saying it should get as many as Mario or Zelda or something, but I feel it deserves a lot more than what it had in Brawl.

Plus FE has roughly infinity many unique characters and places to choose from for trophies. They may not be as iconic to the franchise as a whole, but it would be cool to get a trophy with just armies of people on them. Like a Greil's Mercenaries trophy with Ike and Co. to rep FE 9 & 10 or a trophy showcasing all the lords. They could make do with less is more (not a lot of trophies but show off many characters).

Group shot trophies (kinda like the Kirby hats from Melee) sound good to me.

When there are so many unique and interesting characters in a series, the fact that they're all cool alone makes it difficult for any of them to stand out over the others, really. Group trophies would be a good way to fix that with Fire Emblem, especially when friendship and bonds are always such a main theme, yeah.

Edited by BANRYU

Ooh, group shot trophies are an excellent idea! They'd give lots of characters representation. :o

Some ideas I have for that: Ike's mercenaries, Dawn Brigade, Chrom's Shepherds, Risen, Sacred Stones monsters. :)

We should also have some trophies for notable items, like the Vulnerary, Ragnell, Ettard, Alondite, Falchion, Rapier, etc. Some of them could even work as match items, imo.

More group trophies sound cool. More FE trophies also would be welcome. Maybe I-ke's Mercenaries and the Shepherds, like what Ana (and others) said.

Edited by Konnor97