SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

She's going to be in SSB4. Most likely a third rep or marth alt or something significant at least.

Bookmark me. :Roy:

I'll be plenty happy if you're correct, and it could very well happen, but whether or not it happens, this just isn't proof of anything.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be plenty happy if you're correct, and it could very well happen, but whether or not it happens, this just isn't proof of anything.

The image itself is proof that all those characters will be in SSB4. :Sophia:

Or they simply confused Masked Marth's artwork with art for the actual Marth. Her identity might be obvisious to us but most certainly not for everyone working at Nintendo. That would be a comparitively small mistake to make compared to releasing promotional art featuring fighters that have not been revealed yet.

Edited by BrightBow

Unless anything, I mean anything is in the smash bros official site/said by the creator Sakurai himself, we can't make any accusations. Ridley won't make it, because his developing was too difficult.

Or they simply confused Masked Marth's artwork with art for the actual Marth. Her identity might be obvisious to use but most certainly not for everyone working at Nintendo.

That would be a comparitively small mistake compared to releasing promotional art featuring fighters that are not revealed yet.

Is Mr. Game & Watch revealed yet? Didn't think so. c3ed7b23.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQtBm8rPng

Oh wait...

51rk.jpg

Before he confirmed that Ridley was too big, but still...he may make the cut as his chances are stronger than ever before. He'll be our second Metroid rep after all. Please, if Nintendo can, put him in. Even though that they are putting fourth effort to. His development will be hard, but I think that they can do it. It's similar to using the rocket pack from Pilotwings. Except he has to have an animation of him flapping his wings while attacking and that itself will be hard to develop.

idrs.jpg

Please let this be real. :3

Edited by Bimbo

I doubt size is an issue but I think that if Ridley had any chance to be included it would have already happened way earlier. I would most certainly love to be wrong, though.

Except we have Tom Nook who only appears in the Villager's Final Smash, Toad who is Peach's Stadard Special, and Isabelle who is a Trophy. Doesn't mean that Lucina will be playable. Perhaps an Assist Trophy or a Costume for Marth, but certainly not an individual character.

Except we have Tom Nook who only appears in the Villager's Final Smash, Toad who is Peach's Stadard Special, and Isabelle who is a Trophy. Doesn't mean that Lucina will be playable. Perhaps an Assist Trophy or a Costume for Marth, but certainly not an individual character.

I said the image is proof itself all those characters will be in SSB4, not each as individual characters. :Sophia:

Can I ask why Ridley is such a popular character? I hear about him everywhere but I know nothing of Metroid. :'(

He was a legendary creature that is intelligent and has always been a formidable advisory. He even grafted metallic parts on himself in a few games and escaped with the hatchling Metroid in Super Metroid. It already shows in the last Brawl game of how well that he was developed in. So...he should make the cut. ^_^

-----

Lucina's though isn't decisive proof, yet. But...with her amiiba being involved. I'll believe it when she is our third rep only if they plan to do a sequel Awakening release. Still...she has a high chance of getting in as much as Chrom. Celica too for her debut in Awakening!

Edited by Bimbo

Can I ask why Ridley is such a popular character? I hear about him everywhere but I know nothing of Metroid. :'(

He is a recurring boss and the most persistent antagonist of the series. He is most certainly the most obvious choice for another Metroid representative.

At least he makes a lot more sense then creating an entirely new fighter just to have the same character twice in the game.

http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/-/A-15044637

(Nintendo 3DS)

http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-15044633

(Wii-U)

The game's release date won't be until 12-31-14. Not Oct 3, 2014. This will be involved on both versions. Good. I wanted this to happen. Because everything will be leaked if the 3DS version comes out first. Gives us more time for ideas for giving to them, what and who to put in the game, etc. ...And for better development.

Edited by Bimbo

http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/-/A-15044637

(Nintendo 3DS)

http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-15044633

(Wii-U)

The game's release date won't be until 12-31-14. Not Oct 3, 2014. This will be involved on both versions. Good. I wanted this to happen. Because everything will be leaked if the 3DS version comes out first. Gives us more ideas for giving them ideas and for better development.

What? That's just Target not updating the release dates.

What? That's just Target not updating the release dates.

True that dates may differ in retailers, but...well see what it actually is later when it gets announced for the 3DS. The summer release was only for the Japanese version. May import it as I/Some of us have a Japanese 3DS.

Edited by Bimbo

I think that Lucina picture was a hint for SMT x FE, not Smash Bros. But I do still see her being a Marth alternate or assist trophy. Unlikely that she's playable since Chrom and Avatar are more significant to Awakening.

True that dates may differ in retailers, but...well see what it actually is later when it gets announced for the 3DS. The summer release was only for the Japanese version. May import it as I/Some of us have a Japanese 3DS.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

10/3/14.

Please do your research before spouting falsehoods. Japan gets it 9/21/14.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Lol, that STILL isn't summer. That's the fall equinox, in fact. But like I said, if Sakurai needs a little more time, I'm cool with that. :)

I heard Lightning Battle in Palutenas trailer, this makes me giddy as its my favorite kid Icarus uprising theme and Chapter

Edited by Jedisupersonic

Link to Invitational Players Impressions on the Competitiveness of the Game: http://meleeiton.me/2014/06/10/invitational-impressions/

New tech will come with time, however... nerfed grab game and no dash dancing doesn't seem appealing.

MeleeItOnMe is a fantastic blog, so great how they were able to provide this type of information.

The live Treehouse announced each Smash Bros figure is 20 bucks each.

kind of sucks considering majority of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity are 10 to 15 bucks.

Edited by kingddd

What? That's a bit expensive. :/ But maybe the Amiibo figures have more to offer than the Disney and Skyrim ones.

I'll still pay any price for Ike, Luigi, and Toon Link though! Especially the first two. :3

The live Treehouse announced each Smash Bros figure is 20 bucks each.

kind of sucks considering majority of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity are 10 to 15 bucks.

Well, I guess "collecting them all" won't be a thing (except for the extremely wealthy).