SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

http://smashboards.com/threads/latest-nintendo-dream-scans-updated-8-23-complete.364926/

The latest Nintendo Dream Scan for Aug 23 is out and there are a lot of screenshots in there and many unique little tidbits here and there.

I'm not the only one having trouble viewing these, am I?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the only one having trouble viewing these, am I?

If it's what I think it is, there's not a lot of new information revealed in it (that I know, anyway). I think it gives some more customisation for the Mii characters (wizard hat is one I remember) and one of Kirby's palette swaps, which is basically a maskless Meta Knight

Might be more in there, but that's all I've seen

Oh, and they teased Ridley again. Via text

Edited by DodgeDusk

Though, I can see it being tough for some characters. I myself have not played pokemon so idk if they have something special up their sleeves, but it looks like Pikachu and the others have nothing else to bring as an alt. costume.

There's shinies and that's pretty much it.

Oh, and they teased Ridley again. Via text

How so?

Also Lord Ike would be a neat little outfit and kind of a nod to Brawl, so I could go either way with Lord or Vanguard.

lol Ana I remember seeing that video you referenced a looooooooong time ago back when Caramelldansen was still a thing

I'm surprised I caught that reference tbh

How so?

It was just a line of text commenting about Pyrosphere and the possibility of Ridley being there. "A large shadow looms", or something to that effect

Mind you, since all I've seen is posts without any pictures I'm not 100% sure if the user who translated it is correct or not. I'd be more convinced if someone I knew who could read Japanese translated it

Edited by DodgeDusk

It was just a line of text commenting about Pyrosphere and the possibility of Ridley being there. "A large shadow looms", or something to that effect

Mind you, since all I've seen is posts without any pictures I'm not 100% sure if the user who translated it is correct or not. I'd be more convinced if someone I knew who could read Japanese translated it

dammit Sakurai just tell us if Ridley is in the game or not

I don't even really care if he's playable or not. Just stop with the f***ing teasing.

I guess I'm quite late regarding the ESRB leak.

Well, besides what everyone else said to disprove the leak, I also want to add that not having Ice Climbers and/or a Rhythm Heaven character despite having enemies from those two universes in Smash Run seems really off.

A leak that probably isn't legit? *gasp* Who'd have thunk it?! 0v0

So what do you guys think about being able to listen to music on the 3DS version even during sleep mode?

Why don't you ask the complete soundtrack of Brawl taking up about 60% of my iPod's memory? o3o (I have an old iPod...)

Honestly, I don't think Robin's that handsome. I mean, Link or Marth... kinda.

But Robin? No thanks. I think his official illustration is where he's best portrayed because his hair's all messed up (which I like sometimes) and not just the default (imo please don't hurt me) ugly Awakening hair.

You stick to your opinion, then. I'm talking more on an objective basis and general features. He's got the smooth/fluffy/perfectly textured hair and... well, for lack of a better description, mildly bishonen-ish eyes. I don't really give a damn if you find him attractive or not, it's just his general look. He's got the animu pretty boy look, like Marth does in this game and like Ike did in Brawl too.

dammit Sakurai just tell us if Ridley is in the game or not

I don't even really care if he's playable or not. Just stop with the f***ing teasing.

You KNOW that's not going to happen o3o He loves toying with our hearts expectations too much.

Honestly, I don't think Robin's that handsome. I mean, Link or Marth... kinda.

But Robin? No thanks. I think his official illustration is where he's best portrayed because his hair's all messed up (which I like sometimes) and not just the default (imo please don't hurt me) ugly Awakening hair.

This is not about who you find attractive or not...

People need to seriously rethink their definition of "bishounen" or "pretty boy".

Both Robins do this at you people:

tumblr_n2crgcYhhV1rmzb08o1_500.jpg

*This is not targeting anyone specifically.

Honestly, people need to actually look back and see how they're using words and how the accepted definition is NOT subjective.

Just like how "canon" is a buzzword in other threads.

It's not "I find him pretty"... it's a set of distinct features in a certain style.

Ike is more closer to Jojo "manly" style than the typical features. Which is why I got on Ana's case of "Ike being the only pretty boy".

That is the case of "I think he's handsome" rather than specifying a style. Which she is obviously wrong at in comparison to all the other candidates in Smash.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I hope every character ends up receiving an alternate costume / brand-new palette swap (such as Skyward Sword tunic or Light Suit).

Though, I can see it being tough for some characters. I myself have not played pokemon so idk if they have something special up their sleeves, but it looks like Pikachu and the others have nothing else to bring as an alt. costume.

And quick question: If Fire Peach (from 3D World) was brought into the game for Peach, would that be considered an alternate or a palette swap? Same dress, just recolored + a different hairstyle. I think palette swap.

It'll be an alternate costume. It changes her physical features( Peach's hair).

Edit: I thought Bishounen only applied to males? Also thanks to ShadowofChaos, I want to see Ike posing like the Joestars.

Edited by Ace Gamer

I thought bishounen was a girly looking guy like Lucius, Libra, and of course, Marth. Ike and male Robin never looked girly to me, even PoR Ike. O.o

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know the technicals or specifics, but I think Lucius and Libra fall under a completely different category of men who look like women, not just men with attractive or effeminate features... I don't want to say 'trap', but that is a word that comes to mind.

EDIT: The fuck how did we move to a conversation about this shit

...uh... so... I found an imgur with those Nintendo Dream scans that someone mentioned a page or two ago. They're not loading for me, though. Anything good?

Edited by BANRYU

I thought bishounen was a girly looking guy like Lucius, Libra, and of course, Marth. Ike and male Robin never looked girly to me, even PoR Ike. O.o

Well Robin and POR Ike have little muscle mass and a smooth, clean face. That counts.

Oh, I see.

I wish I could help you, but I can't read Japanese, so yeah. There are a bunch of new screenshots though.

EDIT: Actually, even PoR Ike has some muscle. Check his portrait from the end of the game. You can see his biceps bulging out of his sleeve.

Edited by Anacybele

Its not about looking girly. This from my own memory of the definition, but I like to think of bishounen as one not with the looks of a girl, but merely possessing the physical beauty that a girl could have.

Getting off that, the scans weren't really much, tbh, as Dusk already said to me earlier.

EDIT: derp. late

Edited by The King

Well Robin and POR Ike have little muscle mass and a smooth, clean face. That counts.

Ike is ripped, compared to the cast.

This is obviously biased considering we can SEE the change from SSBB to Smash 4, just like in PoR to RD.

Which contributes to the notion that he *WAS* a pretty boy in PoR and Brawl.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Its not about looking girly. This from my own memory of the definition, but I like to think of bishounen as one not with the looks of a girl, but merely possessing the physical beauty that a girl could have.

Getting off that, the scans weren't really much, tbh, as Dusk already said to me earlier.

That's a bummer. Does it explain how Meta Knights Up Special works?

I hope not. Since Wario hasn't been confirmed yet I still may have to change my title to something undesirable. I also hope meta knight isn't insanely overpowered because then the internet play is doomed further.

Yeah I guess there really isn't much.

I noticed that the Skyward Sword Link palette is placed next to Wireframe Mac on one of the pages, though. *cough*

There's also a screenshot of Meta Knight doing Mach Tornado on MK's page. There goes my hopes of him getting MT as a FS or some kind of sword-beam projectile for a new N-special. Tsk. Guess they didn't really change much about him.

EDIT: 'Falcon Knuckle'? WTF why isn't it called that here that's awesome

Edited by BANRYU

True, and if it was anyone else, I'd agree.

But because this is Captain Falcon we're talking about, I want all of his moves to be called 'Falcon ____'. =3=

Edited by BANRYU

True, and if it was anyone else, I'd agree. But because this is Captain Falcon we're talking about, I want all of his moves to be called 'Falcon ____'. =3=

It felt off not having "FALCON" in its glorious name.