SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm most upset about Dr. Mario (seriously? he should have been a Mario alt) and Bowser Jr (most annoying Mario character, why are you here?).

To think Lucas got cut while these lamers got in... #saltfest2014

Edited by Carpet Monster

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hype is real. Shulk looks badass. Dat underwear alt tho. I want this game NOW. Or at least tell me who the rest of the secret characters are. D:

Fuck the New 3DS though. I JUST got a 3DS XL when Awakening came out. Now I have to upgrade so I can play Xenoblade. ¬¬

Personally, I found Bowser Jr. entertaining and actually more challenging than his father as a boss.

Of course, Peach is the most annoying Mario character in my opinion. "MARIO SAVE ME!" "LALALALALALA!" "OH DID I WIN? :awesome: " UGH.

Of course, Peach is the most annoying Mario character in my opinion. "MARIO SAVE ME!" "LALALALALALA!" "OH DID I WIN? :awesome: " UGH.

Pfft, not when Daisy and Waluigi exist. :P

Regarding that whole "Lucina being a clone" thing, keep in mind that if she wasn't a Marth clone, there'd be no way she'd ever make it onto the roster for the same reasons as Chrom. Even so, with the notion that Lucina has her own moves to derive from, some of her actual model animations are derived from Marth, himself.

• Her pose = Marth's counter stance.
  • Box art as "Marth" = Marth's SSB jump animation.
  • Her stab animation = Marth's Shadow Dragon/New Mystery sprite attacks

But alas, I aint sweating over here. Just been meaning to say that for some time

Can't say much about the the rest of the roster, other than what was already stated

Edited by The King

I always find out the news late.....stupid work....

But YAY for Shulk! I hope you're happy Lux! :D

Damn, now I'm gonna have over half the cast as my mains if this keeps up. So many cool characters to experiment with!

Alright, just so people don't think I'm all salt and no hype, remember, I always supported Shulk. I have nothing against his inclusion, and hopefully once I'm further in Xenoblade Chronicles I'll be even more in support of him (although right now I prefer Fiora). I'm sorry if anyone felt like I was raining on your parade. I really never meant that.

I am also very excited for (almost) everything else! I like the look of the new modes and there are some amazing character additions that I'm very excited to play as, including my most-wanted characters.

I'm salty about some recent developments, yes. But am I not allowed to be disappointed about some things just because there are plenty of good things? I'll enjoy the game nonetheless, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been better.

So yeah. Looking forward to the game as much as I ever was, though now I've changed my opinion on the idea of DLC and pray to Sakurai it will happen, especially if it's like Mario Kart 8's DLC.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Bad taste Ana! It's still August, we're here to celebrate Peach, how dare you!

#PeachMonth

#RallyPeach

Alright, just so people don't think I'm all salt and no hype, remember, I always supported Shulk. I have nothing against his inclusion, and hopefully once I'm further in Xenoblade Chronicles I'll be even more in support of him (although right now I prefer Fiora).

I too like the idea of Fiora, potentially, getting in the roster, I know it is, probably, me dreaming or something but she'll be a nice addition because she fits the Smash style and has plenty of potential (moveset). Assist Trophy or playable, I'd really love it, specially

Mechon Fiora

edit: good, SoC, I can see people already pulling Shulk x ZSS screenshots.

Edited by Quintessence

This is the DLC:

tumblr_nb2m2qewA21tutm8io1_640.png

This image shall be passed down for generations. Kids, this is what Smash Bros. meant to us.

Fuck the New 3DS though. I JUST got a 3DS XL when Awakening came out. Now I have to upgrade so I can play Xenoblade. ¬¬

You can always just try to snag a copy of the Wii one, if you already have a Wii. I mean $60/70 is cheaper than $160 plus a $40 game, assuming the game comes here at all.

There should be a trailer formally showing off Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Falco, and Ganondorf called "Attack of the Clones". Or just screw everyone with Lucas and Wolf.

I'm actually really hopeful for DLC, too. Nintendo has a good track record of making it actually worth your money (unlike a lot of companies).

And I think the first priority should honestly be every cut character, even ones with few fans like Pichu and Young Link. I mean, I'd like to see neat newcomers like maybe Isaac as DLC, but as Sakurai himself (I think) said "every Smash Bros. character has fans", so every single cut character was someone's favorite.

As for the new 3DS and Xenoblade for it. Well, I was kinda hoping that once I bought my Wii U, I wouldn't have to make any huge, expensive purchases for awhile. But... I want handheld Xenoblade. And, if SNES and GBA Virtual Console games are made available for it (which I personally think is likely to happen. Maybe even N64 VC, even though that's not even on the Wii U right now for some unexplainable reason), that's just even more.

Shulk being so freaking hot is actually a huge issue.

How will our players ever concentrate during battle? Good alt costume though, goes well with ZSS.

...Hmm, is this how some of you guys felt when ZSS alt was revealed, or am I just goin' crazy?

I'm surprised that "sexy pic" isn't including this shot:

screen-2.jpg

Just...WTF Captain Falcon's ass. :/ He seriously looks like his outfit is giving him a wedgie.

Edited by Anacybele

whoo! great news today. i've been wanting two things for a while now: a new 3dsxl (my hands are way too big for the original tbh), and a chance to play xenoblade chronicles. turns out, i'll get both of those things, and i'll get to play as shulk, and the new ace attorney x prof layton game is out today--even though i can't purchase it atm. a great day for gaming indeed.

whoo! great news today. i've been wanting two things for a while now: a new 3dsxl (my hands are way too big for the original tbh), and a chance to play xenoblade chronicles. turns out, i'll get both of those things, and i'll get to play as shulk, and the new ace attorney x prof layton game is out today--even though i can't purchase it atm. a great day for gaming indeed.

Dang, I really want that game now too...

BTW, I'm rejoining the thread cause honestly, I'm gonna find out about these things over time anyway.

So glad Shulk is in, I'm so close to finishing Xenoblade now too, this game is getting me hyped so much.

I hear some people are annoyed that there's going to be exclusives for it but if the exclusives are exclusive because they're the size of Xenoblade then it's quite understandable. The fact that a game of that scale can be fit onto a handheld is quite impressive.

I just hope Nintendo are as reasonable in terms of exclusive as with the DSi(only 5 exclusives) and Wii Motion Plus(only 6 games required it.) Having a more powerful version of your current console come out with its own exclusive is a great way to lose your customers trust. Imagine how the people who just bought a 3DS feel about hearing that a better version of the console they just bought it coming out with its own exclusives.

I know literally nothing about Shulk, what's the bigo dealio about him? Is he some rock-all hero badass in his game? He looks like typical JRPG Teenage-Oops-I'm-A-Hero-Now fella.

How many sword-users are there now? I feel like aside from Metaknight having Wings, they're all gonna play pretty similarly

His sword and the fact that he's from Xenoblade is what makes Shulk a big deal.

[spoiler=Xenoblade spoilers (like in endgame spoilers you definitely want to avoid if you ever plan to play this game)]And Shulk actually acquires the powers of a god by the end of XC, though he rejects that power and decide to live in a world without gods.

So will the "New" 3DS have HD graphics?

Considering the Xenoblade 3DS trailer seemed to show graphics below those of the Wii, I'd doubt it.

I always find out the news late.....stupid work....

But YAY for Shulk! I hope you're happy Lux! :D

Damn, now I'm gonna have over half the cast as my mains if this keeps up. So many cool characters to experiment with!

I really am. Not only it's Xenoblade representation, but the ability to change Monado powers seems really interesting, Riki and Dunban are in and we'll have some tracks from the XC's great OST in the game.

I'm really excited to try out all the newcomers that have been announced so I definitely understand that feeling xp