SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Remember, this is the guy who said that he won't direct another Smash game after both Melee and Brawl, and this is the company that said they'll never make an F2P.

I'm pretty sure Iwata told him to make a new Smash Bros game or he'll re-release Melee in HD.Hence this game.Not too sure on that.

I'm not counting on no DLC-at least not yet,anyway.He's bound to change his mind sometime.Either that,or he may be forced to have DLC due to the sake of money.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, and Sakurai is also the guy that said Villager wasn't fit for Smash at all, but Mewtwo's DLC was announced months ago. And Sakurai doesn't change his mind about EVERYTHING. I think it's safe to say that we won't be getting anymore character DLC besides Mewtwo.

Besides, Smash is a tough game for Sakurai to make. It really stresses him out and his job has even left him with tendonitis. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready to move onto another, easier project.

...And it's a miracle that he even continued. Although someone else will direct the next smash game. Right now...he needs a vacation.

Come on, man. When that article was announced the game had just come out, so of course at that point Sakurai would say nothing. It's PR talk. Sakurai also stated they haven't stopped working on Smash4, which could mean anything, sure, but the "No plans" quote is incredibly vague as it means just that: No plans at the moment. It doesn't mean it can't change later on.

Remember, this is the guy who said that he won't direct another Smash game after both Melee and Brawl, and this is the company that said they'll never make an F2P.

It does mention in the Nov report that it would cost a good amount of money for DLC, so...I dunno. -.-
Edited by PuffPuff

Releasing DLC-characters for Smash Bros is like printing money. No way Nintendo would let that chance slip by. And wasn't it said that Mewtwo was an experiment to test how the players would react to DLC? SInce it's freaking Mewtwo, I guess that the response of the community will be reeeally positive.

Yeah, Mewtwo's pretty popular. xP

Fire Emblem Fan: I hope I get my Ike soon too... Still waiting for my GameStop order to be fulfilled. :(

But I've also so far landed a GOLD MARIO. :D My order is still there, fingers crossed that it stays that way until I find it in the mail!

I feel that DLC could take away from the surprise of getting new playable characters in the next Smash Bros. I just don't like the idea of DLC. I guess if they stick to cut veterans, like Mewtwo, then I don't mind it as much...but I feel that any *new* character should be saved for future entries in the series.

I haven't even attempted to try and get any of the Super Mario series of Amiibos, right now I'm concentrating fully on the Smash Bros. ones lol. And it'll be tough because I refuse to go to eBay and pay a zillion dollars for any of them.

Why is Link not a choice on the poll?

Because he clearly doesn't have the best tether, otherwise he'd be winning the poll.

a vote for rick astley is a vote for link!

...also speaking of tethers I only just found out that you can zair by pressing A while holding an airdodge

I feel really stupid

Edited by Euklyd

Behold! I have finally obtained the special Smash Battler card! :D It requires leveling your card up to lv. 200, which I did! Feast your eyes on the rainbow beauty. <3

*Giggle*

It feels so great to have amiibos. Been training Rosalina in my Smash game and provides a great view on top of my dresser next to my bed. Use a nightlight and she provides you a good night sleep with the Luma. :D

Time to work on Shulk soon.

Edited by PuffPuff

My Ike Amiibo came in the mail today!

I wish they would ship mine already. Was supposed to have done so two days ago. I hate it when a schedule isn't followed.

Edit: Also one-thousandth page, whoo.

Edited by Dai

At least you don't have to wait until May 1st like I probably do, despite that I preordered on Dec. 8th. -_-

But yeah, I hate when that kind of thing happens too.

I'm pretty sure Iwata told him to make a new Smash Bros game or he'll re-release Melee in HD.Hence this game.Not too sure on that.

I think they just would've given it to a different guy. Sakurai wasn't even approached to do Brawl until after he saw the trailer at E3 06 IIRC. Smash prints money so if Sakurai doesn't want to make it, Nintendo could easily just hand it off.

I think they just would've given it to a different guy. Sakurai wasn't even approached to do Brawl until after he saw the trailer at E3 06 IIRC. Smash prints money so if Sakurai doesn't want to make it, Nintendo could easily just hand it off.

You realize that if he hadn't been contacted until the first trailer, the game would have already been well into development, right? Lol, you're thinking of him being contacted only after they announced they were making another Smash game.

Actually Sakurai was approached after the preE3 2005 conference when Iwata said that the new smash bros will be on the Wii.

@38:44 - 39:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRy0JeHeCY&t=2326

When Iwata said what was stated that in the timeframe, Super Smash Bros was not even in development at all. Most of the Nintendo staff and Sakurai was going "huh?" Iwata personally said this and it wasn't scripted at all. He was going all ballsy and taking a huge risk at the time since nothing was actually being done at the time.

Edited by kingddd

Congrats for reaching 1000 pages and...

605lfq.jpg
28whTe.jpg
1rCkNO.jpg
My Villager amiibo just came in the mail today. It's European, but these are region free! He looks perfectly detailed like the Mega Man one! I love it!
Edited by PuffPuff