SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Must be a new video then, because I was shown a different one when someone recommended that I use Ganondorf for one of the Home Run Contest achievements.

It's older than the Dedede one by a month (the date is right there on the video...), and while this record might be new, the general strategy has existed since the 3DS version.

Not to undermine the Dedede one, of course, it's damn impressive.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 7000ft

This perhaps may be the utmost best record that I've ever seen since I could never go beyond 700 ft. I must stop using the Home Run Bat so much.

Ganon's HRC was posted back in October, and Ana, you posted about 35 minutes after Ayanami posted it

Edited by Sara.

that looks like one of many fan polls

yeah okay found it

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31b5d2/ive_created_a_survey_to_help_us_see_which/

it's accurate in that it gives you an idea of who /r/smashbros is voting for :V

EDIT: there's another poll from japan that was linked today

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31o51o/japans_most_requested_characters/

it's cool how #4 and 7 are both total clones, and #2 is possibly so

Edited by Euklyd

re: shovel knight

[4/5/15, 2:31:40 PM] Eukir: "what's a shovel knight" —2ch

[4/5/15, 2:32:45 PM] Eukir: the [one of many] /r/smashbros DLC poll has results up

[4/5/15, 2:32:46 PM] Eukir: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vEZRL2_XNO8maz188OPlCUBiGL5Jd60_2enTSm50zm4/pubchart?oid=1981029313&format=interactive

[4/5/15, 2:33:02 PM] Eukir: and then someone translated a 2ch thread

[4/5/15, 2:33:03 PM] Eukir: https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/japanese-discussion-on-smash-dlc-pt-1-shovel-knight-gender-bending-and-more/

y'all should get in the smash bros skype chat and get the info early :^)

Or Young Link :(

Young Link is most likely never getting in again since we already have Toon Link as well as regular Link. There's just no need for three different Links in one game.

It really saddens me how K Rool is more wanted than Dixie Kong. The latter is WAY better...

I'm surprised at how low Chrom is on that list though...

Edited by Anacybele

Young Link is most likely never getting in again since we already have Toon Link as well as regular Link. There's just no need for three different Links in one game.

It really saddens me how K Rool is more wanted than Dixie Kong. The latter is WAY better...

I'm surprised at how low Chrom is on that list though...

K.Rool is a much more unique choice, then Girl Diddy Kong with helicopter hair. Just saying

K.Rool is a much more unique choice, then Girl Diddy Kong with helicopter hair. Just saying

we also need more villains in this game. We have like three so far Bowser, Bowser Jr (koopalings) and Ganondorf. The other characters like Wario and Dedede are in the grey area or just dicks to the main characters.

Edited by kingddd

Dixie Kong is also actually still appearing in the series and is playable and still has the potential to be unique. King K. Rool hasn't shown up in a game in at least a decade or so. And the fact that characters like Duck Hunt Dog have become playable despite not appearing in a game in ages either isn't a valid argument because Duck Hunt Dog only HAS one game and is pretty much the most notable character from it. Same with Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, etc.

K. Rool is also ugly and stupid-looking as hell. I just don't like him, honestly. Dixie is just adorable and I'm not even a fan of monkeys.

Edited by Anacybele

You know

To ganondorf, both links and Zelda are the villains

I'm for more villain rep though

Oh yeah, we also still have a small number of female characters (not including the ones that also have male versions, like Wii Fit Trainer and Robin). Dixie is female and would increase them.

Shovel Knight would be awesome, in my opinion. It was my favourite game of last year and it would be nice to see an indie company get some more publicity in a big game like smash. Plus Shovel Knight is a great homage to Nintendo and NES classics, (one of the only homages that doesn't bombard the player with references, might I add) so he'd fit right in.

Simon Belmont is still currently my #1.

I'm honestly surprised that Ridley has a higher percentage on the Japan poll than on the /r/smashbros poll. I always thought he was way more popular in the west than in Japan.

Other than that, Shovel Knight is pretty great. Just got his game the other day. Though I still would prefer Isaac, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Geno (HUGE longshot), Wolf, and Snake (another huge longshot, especially since the only reason he got in Brawl was that Sakurai and Kojima are friends, and now Kojima is gone from Konami) over him, in pretty much that order (except Dixie and K. Rool are pretty much tied for 2nd place. I'd be equally happy if either of them got in).

K. Rool is also ugly and stupid-looking as hell. I just don't like him, honestly.

This is basically my greatest reason. He looks like a alligator on meth/crack too.

Also, he's too big (Not joking). He is already bigger than Donkey Kong and scaling him down would ruin his character.

I am 100% sure we will be seeing all cut characters from Melee and Brawl excluding Snake return in Smash 5.

Pichu evolved so it's cool.

But then what happened to the Pikachu from Melee? He's still out there somewhere and I won't rest until every fighter is reunited.

EVERYONE VOTE FOR MELEE PIKACHU, SAKURAI HAS BEEN DECEIVING US ALL ALONG! THE ONE CUT CHARACTER HE THOUGHT WE WOULD NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT!

Edited by Rabbattack