SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I don't see what was so unexpected about Greninja. Sure his game wasn't released when Smash 4 was still in production but it was still a given we'd see something from X and Y since it was already well underway. And Greninja was a good choice. Not one I personally was expecting, I thought they'd go with Hawlucha, but still not entirely unexpected.

It was really out of the ballpark really. Sure many starters were Froakie but it did not have enough legacy to be considered a favourite pokemon by the majority of the people at the time which is probably why it was so unexpected for some people. Not to mention it was 6 months after Pokemon X and Y was released when they announced him.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I guess they felt the need to fit in one of the latest generation of pokemon. But that leaves the question why there are no Gen 2-4 playables (Pichu notwithstanding). Personally I don't want anymore pokemon when there are other franchises that could get more reps like Starfox, Donkey Kong, and even F-zero or Metroid.

I'm really banking on Ryu getting announced at E3. If we get Roy instead I'll still be happy but Ryu man...

Lucario is Gen 4. We are missing a gen 2, 3 and 5 Mon if you wanted them from every gen.

Ryu is only being added so that Sakurai can put Ken in the next game to fill up more clone slots.

Quite excited for this year's E3, and it's good that they're kicking it off with some Smash. A new DLC character trailer would be great.

Ryu is only being added so that Sakurai can put Ken in the next game to fill up more clone slots.

the ken combo jokes would be unbearable

Can you lose to me in a rap battle SURRE YOU CAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reVaJhAVEsE&spfreload=10

On the real though Ken is quite different than Ryu even in Street Fighter. For starters his Tatsumaki hits people multiple times while Ryu's knocks people down. Ken's Shoryuken has a fire effect to it and his Final Smash could even be different than Ryu's with Shinryuken vs Ryu's Metsu Hadouken. Sure they have a simlar moveset (they both had the same master) but there are differences that are evident even in a competative setting. Certainly more than Lucina or Dark Pit.

Edited by LordTaco42

Hou-do-u-do-Ken?

Are-u-sure-ryu-Ken?

Villager: "You Ken run, but you can't hide."

I'm out. That's all I got.

no

h8vAf3s.gif

"did you hear? they brought back the ken combo in this game!"

in melee, marth has a combo where he hits someone with his forward air's sourspot, double-jumps, and then spikes them with down air. a player called Ken utilized this combo to great effect, and these days everyone calls it the "ken combo"

Edited by Euklyd

With Tetra leaked for Hyrule Warriors, I'm starting to wonder what she would have played like if she hadn't been scrapped from Brawl. For Zelda newcomers I can't see them adding anymore unless they bring back Young Link or Toon Zelda, but that's very unlikely, as much as I want Young Link... although he could use his masks.

Edited by Rabbattack

Just a heads up, there's been a few pretty major leaks. In the interest of everyone else, please avoid posting about them until it's mentioned officially. Not like I have any direct authority, but it'd seem more fair.

Edited by Shin

Just a heads up, there's been a few pretty major leaks. In the interest of everyone else, please avoid posting about them until it's mentioned officially. Not like I have any direct authority, but it'd seem more fair.

Did we ever care much about hiding leaks in this thread?

But, respecting the discretion: Would you mind sending me a link? I can't seem to find anything about new leaks.

Edited by Nova

But, respecting the discretion: Would you mind sending me a link? I can't seem to find anything about new leaks.

on it

There's an entire thread about it if you're looking to discuss it. I'm not particularly fussed with leaks personally, but I can't speak for everyone who stumbles across this thread.

There's an entire thread about it if you're looking to discuss it. I'm not particularly fussed with leaks personally, but I can't speak for everyone who stumbles across this thread.

should change the thread title to include something along the lines of "do not post spoilers in this thread"

I'm tired of all the leaks. Really tired. Honestly. It ruins the pleasure of seeing the surprise during the official reveal. And it also hurts the creators because they obviously wanted to be the ones to reveal this stuff and surprise the fans. Now they can't do that. This is also why we don't have an adventure mode in Smash anymore, because Sakurai didn't like the SSE's cutscenes getting leaked. I'm not saying this reasoning isn't silly, but we still have no adventure mode anymore which I always enjoyed.

Next thing we know, Nintendo will refuse to do any Directs or E3 presentations anymore because everything will just get leaked anyway!

I also don't even want to watch the Smash Bros. presentation tomorrow anymore. In addition to the disappointment that's Roy's return (I wanted him to stay cut), Ryu's reveal won't be as cool and whatever else there is I can just deal with learning after the fact.

So yeah, thanks a lot, leakers.

Nintendo should keep their shit locked up better, sue people, something. I'm sure some kind of contract is being broken by doing that.

Can you lose to me in a rap battle SURRE YOU CAN!

On the real though Ken is quite different than Ryu even in Street Fighter. For starters his Tatsumaki hits people multiple times while Ryu's knocks people down. Ken's Shoryuken has a fire effect to it and his Final Smash could even be different than Ryu's with Shinryuken vs Ryu's Metsu Hadouken. Sure they have a simlar moveset (they both had the same master) but there are differences that are evident even in a competative setting. Certainly more than Lucina or Dark Pit.

At least Starbomb is a band that exists.

I'm tired of all the leaks. Really tired. Honestly. It ruins the pleasure of seeing the surprise during the official reveal. And it also hurts the creators because they obviously wanted to be the ones to reveal this stuff and surprise the fans. Now they can't do that. This is also why we don't have an adventure mode in Smash anymore, because Sakurai didn't like the SSE's cutscenes getting leaked. I'm not saying this reasoning isn't silly, but we still have no adventure mode anymore which I always enjoyed.

Next thing we know, Nintendo will refuse to do any Directs or E3 presentations anymore because everything will just get leaked anyway!

I also don't even want to watch the Smash Bros. presentation tomorrow anymore. In addition to the disappointment that's Roy's return (I wanted him to stay cut), Ryu's reveal won't be as cool and whatever else there is I can just deal with learning after the fact.

So yeah, thanks a lot, leakers.

Calm yourself child. Japan released the videos early by mistake, no "filthy leakers" involved

As legit as it looks and as pumped as I'am (especially for Ryu) we still won't know for sure until the Smash Direct. Of course lets remember wasn't Chrom "leaked" as a character and then we got Lucina and Robin instead?