SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It's not you liking Roy more than Ike that bothers me. It's you listing things you like about Roy that also apply to Ike but still saying Roy is better. That is all. And you say I'm biased? lol

lol but Jave didn't even say Roy was better, not in that initial post. Jave explained why he liked Roy, not why Roy is better. It was you who typed paragraphs about why you think Ike is better, even though Jave didn't even mention him.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ike's arc was more about being a leader while Roy's was more about being a ruler. Ike doesn't have much right to lead, he's his father's son but that's not enough. He needs to prove he is capable and people to doubt him (and leave him and even betray him). Roy has the support of the people behind him but his task requires somewhat more nuance than Ike's. Ike has to deal with interpersonal relationships with his allies and underlings while Roy has to deal with situations that arise dues to the war. They both seek the aid of a foreign nation, in Ike's case he's fleeing and it's the only option, once he gets Begnion's support he has no trouble taking on Ashnard. Roy on the other hand has little trouble gaining backup but it isn't as useful as Ike and he still needs to figure out a way to use the situation to his advantage. Roy is a student so all his trials involve learning and gaining wisdom. Ike is a warrior so all his trials involve proving himself both to himself and others.

Also in terms of outright difficulties faced by both I would like to point out that Roy is somewhat younger and less experienced in actual battle.

Er, this fits Ike to a T too.

who cares? i thought you were talking about how roy could be liked. why bring ike into this?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that what Roy does is pretty impressive too.

great, now can you stop complaining about roy?

lol but Jave didn't even say Roy was better, not in that initial post. Jave explained why he liked Roy, not why Roy is better. It was you who typed paragraphs about why you think Ike is better, even though Jave didn't even mention him.

Jave just said that he prefers Roy over Ike though. And he told me awhile back that he doesn't like Ike.

And yeah, Red Fox is right, this isn't really Smash related despite both characters being in it.

Jave just said that he prefers Roy over Ike though. And he told me awhile back that he doesn't like Ike.

And yeah, Red Fox is right, this isn't really Smash related despite both characters being in it.

Only because you brought it up in this thread. Yes, I prefer Roy over Ike. That's it. It's not something you should obssess about.

I'm done with this discussion.

Huh? Since when did Ike have a Hector alt? This is the first I'm hearing of it. I thought his alts were Greil (the second palette), Zelgius (the red one), Black Knight (black one), PoR Geoffrey (the lime green one), Sigurd (the blue one with black and gold armor), Chrom (the eighth one), and Ashera's army (the gold armor and magenta cape).

...Yeah, I just looked them up, there's no Hector palette here.

I don't know about you, but I distinctly recall saying ALT. Not palette, alt. As in, alternate costume.

Don't get it yet? Well then, let me tell you about the coolness that is Project M, a hack to bring back Melee to the Brawl, but make it different so that it's not Melee 2.0. I'll let you learn more about it yourself.

I don't know about you, but I distinctly recall saying ALT. Not palette, alt. As in, alternate costume.

Don't get it yet? Well then, let me tell you about the coolness that is Project M, a hack to bring back Melee to the Brawl, but make it different so that it's not Melee 2.0. I'll let you learn more about it yourself.

He didn't specify that he was talking about PM though. I couldn't possibly know that. And I know what PM is, I'm not a noob.

Anyone know some Lucas combos?

at low %s, dthrow -> nair -> fair works depending on DI and at higher %s (including KO %s!) dthrow -> uair works, though you'll have to do a quick double jump

for something more advanced, dthrow -> footstool -> 3rd hit of dair -> ftilt is a jablock combo that can lead into itself for a good amount of %s but I haven't tested DI on it and whatnot

[spoiler=Example]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwzh2sYERxA

The problem with Lucas's combos is that they're almost entirely dependent on dthrow and his grab game is pretty damn weak since its slow, even for a tether, and doesn't have much range compared to other tethers (though his zair is super long) but he's more of a mobile poking character than say Ness so it's not that big of a deal for him

"alt" can just as easily refer to an alt palette lol

I mean you can be all like,

OUp8quD.png

but you kind of messed it up for yourself

sorry man, better luck next time =(

MORE IMPORTANTLY as far as like, talk about nerfs and buffs and stuff goes, and "waah my uair got reduced in damage sakurai why do you hate me" etc, it's useful to keep in mind that damage affects knockback of a move a lot (I was kinda surprised at how much various things are factors)

Btw: I just love how we now have two different voiceclips of the announcer saying "Roy!".

It's so awesome to finally get an old main back. Oh Lucas. <3

If only the Ice Climbers would return. Well, at least I can't complain anymore that they cut two of my mains.

The problem with Lucas's combos is that they're almost entirely dependent on dthrow and his grab game is pretty damn weak since its slow, even for a tether, and doesn't have much range compared to other tethers (though his zair is super long) but he's more of a mobile poking character than say Ness so it's not that big of a deal for him

Well at that point, it's kinda the same with many characters. You basically go into PK Fire spam, change game tactic, N-Air ground cancel > (Insert move here) combo. Your supposed to keep you opponent in the air then grab with Lucas as they land btw. I feel tethers work best that way.

At low percents, Roy's amazing with combos, because of the low knickknack in his throws.

On some heavier characters, I love doing down throw, jab, and up b personally.

On that note, I'm finding Blazer out of shield to be a great KO option.

Anyone else noticed that the second hit of Ryu's HF-Tilt SHREDS Shields?

That was something mentioned in the direct, unless your talking about some other move.

Edited by Jotari

You mean Collar-Breaker? I never used that move in Street Fighter anyway. I was always "Hey, look at me. I'm chaining Evil Ryu's H-Shoryuken from L-Shoryu from L-Tatsumaki spin kick! Will you notice me now?"

Aha. I'm such a scrub.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

Ike is mid tier now hooray

Huzzah! I noticed his buffs are really solid when I was clobbering people with him in FG

Damn and here I was thinking I actually got better with him. Nonetheless thats good to hear.

Here's a good overview of Ryu. Goes over inputs and percentage damages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9e5JQzkg28&spfreload=10

Some combos and kill setups. The zero to kill thing doesn't work at low percentages though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aksHSjobyl8&spfreload=10

Cool Ryu shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubpNzGjoNo&spfreload=10

Edited by LordTaco42

Anyone else noticed that the second hit of Ryu's HF-Tilt SHREDS Shields?

Yup, I think Sakurai mentioned that in the Direct. It was his "overhead" in SF, meaning it could hit opponents who were crouching and guarding, though guarding high is fine. That's probably why they made it into a shield break move.

Speaking of Ryu Zero just put up his analysis and guide to doing his inputs. Extremely helpful especially the part about cancelling out the focus punch in the air for movement.

The moment you said that, I instantly understood that. Gotta seriously get this to work though, or other wise I may never end up using Focus attack.

The moment you said that, I instantly understood that. Gotta seriously get this to work though, or other wise I may never end up using Focus attack.

Yeah its basically a FADC without the hit. Kinda reminds me of Evil Ryu's teleporting in SSIV (except you can't go through enemies that'd be a game breaker). I've been trying to pull it off in the air with little success.

EDIT: Just got it gotta hold the b button while doing forward forward.

Edited by LordTaco42