SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I can't contain my hype any more.

Sakurai please let me down gently or allow my head to explode.

EDIT:

7b02c583c1214f3cfdba90dcf3f5406e.png

I find it funny how it still is Kid Icarus related. :P I suppose in someway this could be seen as acknowledging the leak, which only gives fuel to the fire (with it being Kid Icarus related, and the pic showing an angry Viridi, who could be seen as an angry Sakurai about the leak. Though this is all speculation).

Edited by Athena

Gah, at first I thought that Viridi in that picture was Psaro from Dragon Quest IV. >_>

Psaro_normal.jpg

Though if Psaro was included as a playable character... hmm... Well, he's is rather tied in with Nintendo since Dragon Quest IV debuted on the NES, and Square Enix does like having him cameo in various Dragon Quest games a lot (whether he's in Elf Psaro or Monster Psaro form). Well, they'd probably have to have him use quite a lot of his magical repertoire than his physical repertoire to make him unique. Either that, or have him use moves from his monster form (like ice breath and his nullifying rays) while keeping him in human form, since his monster form would be way too big to be playable in Smash. Either way, I highly doubt either Nintendo or Square Enix would choose Psaro to be playable in Smash if they were to put in a Square Enix character.

Anyways, regarding the Palutena rumours, I feel like they're really well done fakes. The pose Palutena is in in the picture with Mario is hardly like a typical stance for a Smash Bros. character. Also, based off the scale, it looks like Palutena would be as tall as Pit, which seems really wrong and I'm quite sure Sakurai wouldn't make Pit and Palutena the same height. Also, Palutena's facial features (eyes, mouth, etc.) seem a lot smaller than the facial features of other physically similar characters (like Link, Marth, Pit, and Zelda).

I assume that he is referring to the people who expected/wanted Sakurai to reveal something special for Smash's 15th Anniversary.

Ah, makes sense, somewhat. Though it's not like the order/timing Sakurai reveals things in is going to affect the final product.

Also King Dedede was originally set to be playable in the original Super Smash Bros. I'm not sure why he was left out in Melee, considering Bowser and Mewtwo weres also planned to be in the original Smash Bros. as well, but they both made it into Melee.

Heh, I actually have an answer to that:

• It was decided early on to separate the newcomers into two even groups for balance reasons: fan favorites (as determined by a survey) and unique, unexpected characters.
  • Bowser, Peach, Mewtwo, and Marth were culled from the fan survey.
  • Just in case Sakurai couldn't get approval to use Marth from Intelligent Systems, he had some King Dedede concepts ready as a backup.

I actually have a treasure trove of data regarding roster development of Smash Bros. games. Not all the data may be 100% accurate, but I'd say it's reliable enough in general, and I tried to find relevant links when needed.

Edited by Randoman

Gah, at first I thought that Viridi in that picture was Psaro from Dragon Quest IV. >_>

Psaro_normal.jpg

Though if Psaro was included as a playable character... hmm... Well, he's is rather tied in with Nintendo since Dragon Quest IV debuted on the NES, and Square Enix does like having him cameo in various Dragon Quest games a lot (whether he's in Elf Psaro or Monster Psaro form). Well, they'd probably have to have him use quite a lot of his magical repertoire than his physical repertoire to make him unique. Either that, or have him use moves from his monster form (like ice breath and his nullifying rays) while keeping him in human form, since his monster form would be way too big to be playable in Smash. Either way, I highly doubt either Nintendo or Square Enix would choose Psaro to be playable in Smash if they were to put in a Square Enix character.

Anyways, regarding the Palutena rumours, I feel like they're really well done fakes. The pose Palutena is in in the picture with Mario is hardly like a typical stance for a Smash Bros. character. Also, based off the scale, it looks like Palutena would be as tall as Pit, which seems really wrong and I'm quite sure Sakurai wouldn't make Pit and Palutena the same height. Also, Palutena's facial features (eyes, mouth, etc.) seem a lot smaller than the facial features of other physically similar characters (like Link, Marth, Pit, and Zelda).

Ah, makes sense, somewhat. Though it's not like the order/timing Sakurai reveals things in is going to affect the final product.

Heh, I actually have an answer to that:

I actually have a treasure trove of data regarding roster development of Smash Bros. games. Not all the data may be 100% accurate, but I'd say it's reliable enough in general, and I tried to find relevant links when needed.

Her stances are strange for smash? The heck does that even mean for a game series that had an invisible go cart driving bowser?

Remember that the characters in smash are trophies of the characters in question. Not completely accurate sizes and shapes. Look at Olimar who is inches tall in Pikmin

Her stances are strange for smash? The heck does that even mean for a game series that had an invisible go cart driving bowser?

Remember that the characters in smash are trophies of the characters in question. Not completely accurate sizes and shapes. Look at Olimar who is inches tall in Pikmin

Palutena's stance in the pic with Mario just seem a bit off to me. I can't exactly explain why or put my finger on it. And uh, when did they have an invisible go cart driving Bowser in Smash Bros?

As for your point about sizes and shapes being not accurate, that's true and all but I still doubt that Sakurai would make Palutena around the same height as Pit (especially since in her depictions from Brawl and onward, she's significantly taller than Pit). Since there weren't any pictures to directly compare Pit and Palutena's heights, we'll cross reference and start with the posted Mario and Palutena pic:

1390374382923.jpg

So Palutena is around one Mario head's height taller than Mario.

Since Mario and Mega Man's heights are very similar according to this picture:

screen-6.jpg

We're able to use this picture of Mega Man and Pit to compare to Mario's height:

screen-1.jpg

So Pit is taller than Mega Man by one Mario head's height, just like how Palutena was taller than Mario by one Mario head's height. So basically, if that pic is true, than Pit and Palutena would have very similar heights in Smash Bros., and I really doubt that Sakurai would make Palutena as tall as Pit since with all of Sakurai's Pit and Palutena depictions (whether it's in Brawl or Uprising), Palutena was always significantly taller than Pit.

Edited by Randoman

EDIT: Apparently that tool is total garbage. >_>

6iTuzEm.png

Image analysis shows that Palutena and Mario are indeed standing on the same horizontal line. So, according to these images, if she is in, she is playable. Assist trophies do not appear on the same horizontal line as the fighters. It also shows us that she's about as tall as Rosalina.

Edited by Athena

That's really interesting. Though even if the picture is legit, that still leaves a lot of questions (besides the obvious "how will she play"), like how did the pic get leaked in the first place? Why hasn't Nintendo come out to stop the guy who leaked this yet? And why would they make Pit and Palutena's height practically the same?

Edited by Randoman

They totally could have fired the guy who leaked it, but the images have been circulated around way too much that they can't remove them. Game developers never publicly acknowledge the existence of a leak in front of their consumers.

Pic got leaked by taking pictures of the 3DS version without using any flash. Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

My only problem with that pic is that it seems too good for a image taken from a camera of a 3DS screen

And there's something about her outline that's bothering me

Hope it's true, though, moar fighters are always welcome for me except if it's something like Waluigi

Ugh, I don't want leaks, I want to be surprised when characters are officially announced. :/ It's more fun that way.

But considering what I've heard, Palutena does seem likely as playable.

Palutena's stance in the pic with Mario just seem a bit off to me. I can't exactly explain why or put my finger on it. And uh, when did they have an invisible go cart driving Bowser in Smash Bros?

As for your point about sizes and shapes being not accurate, that's true and all but I still doubt that Sakurai would make Palutena around the same height as Pit (especially since in her depictions from Brawl and onward, she's significantly taller than Pit). Since there weren't any pictures to directly compare Pit and Palutena's heights, we'll cross reference and start with the posted Mario and Palutena pic:

1390374382923.jpg

So Palutena is around one Mario head's height taller than Mario.

Since Mario and Mega Man's heights are very similar according to this picture:

screen-6.jpg

We're able to use this picture of Mega Man and Pit to compare to Mario's height:

screen-1.jpg

So Pit is taller than Mega Man by one Mario head's height, just like how Palutena was taller than Mario by one Mario head's height. So basically, if that pic is true, than Pit and Palutena would have very similar heights in Smash Bros., and I really doubt that Sakurai would make Palutena as tall as Pit since with all of Sakurai's Pit and Palutena depictions (whether it's in Brawl or Uprising), Palutena was always significantly taller than Pit.

Bowsers running animation/stance is an invisble go cart driver until this very game. That was my point.

Also you may be right on sizes but compare Dk, Dedede, and Bowser in that one shot with Mario some days back. Their sizes are different from brawl

It's worth noting that in the Megaman and Pit picture, Megaman is crouched down while Pit is standing on his toes. This is skewing your result.

It's worth noting that in the Megaman and Pit picture, Megaman is crouched down while Pit is standing on his toes. This is skewing your result.

Megaman is shooting, not crouching.

tce.png

Also, the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner is gone, which probably means a potential upcoming character reveal. Unless there's a Nintendo Direct with a new character reveal coming up next week, it's probably Ice Climbers, since it'd commemorate their game's release on January 30.

So Sakurai is taking Palutena out of the roster all because of the leak? That is really unfair to those who wanted her in. I understand Sakurai's anger, but still. :/

So Sakurai is taking Palutena out of the roster all because of the leak? That is really unfair to those who wanted her in. I understand Sakurai's anger, but still. :/

The picture of him deleting Palutena is just a joke dude we don't know anything