SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You must not have seen my post from earlier. Little Mac's series was unrepresented in the roster. Lyn's isn't. And just because a character got to be an assist doesn't mean they're getting in the roster. There are so many of them and a lot wouldn't even be practical for the roster. XP

We'll see, I've always had my money on Nintengods replacing Ike.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha 10/10

Also, what do you guys think about Celice?

Seliph* He'd be interesting but Marths moves are already inspired by Judgral sword masters.

I think Leif with Master knight stuff and the Light Sword would work better

Drilldozer and Advance Wars Tanks confirmed

Besides Marth, pretty much any character before Sword of Seals is practically going to be a no-show. Even then, I think that there's a small list of people that actually would work, although there are a couple villains, like the Black Knight and Gangrel.

Ah, what the heck. Oliver too. Make it happen.

Ephraim, cool character as he is, is probably pretty unlikely too. His game was the only one not really "linked" to another, even Gaiden was a sidestory. Hector is more likely, due to being very popular, although if there was going to be an axe-user in the game, it would probably actually be Walhart or Basilio or maybe Vaike.

For magic-users, there IS Micaiah and he-who-shall-not-be-named-for-spoilers, and OLIVER, and the Avatar. My thought is that the Avatar would only work if there was an exclusive character for each console. Micaiah is the most likely of the four, though.

Reggie for SSB4!

Kelik and Anakin confirmed. (Meh, throw Tekun in too.) Interesting thing is, there is a possibility of TLP characters getting in if someone at Nintendo was curious about the BOOK "The Last Promise". Also, it's pretty well-done, so...*crosses fingers*

Considering the fact that the jugdral series had pretty much no references at all, I see llittle to no chance for either Seliph, or Leif

Leif has a small chance considering Sakurai likes to revisit past ideas later in the series.

Bowser, Mew two and Wolf were wanted in 64 they showed up later, Olimar was considered in Melee he showed up in Brawl.

Villager was considered in brawl but only just now appeared. Leif was originally going to be in melee but as we know Sakurai saw Roys design and opped to use him instead but this is much later now. Maybe a surprise is awaiting us. Doubtful yes. Impossible? No

Villager was considered in brawl but only just now appeared.

Kinda funny about the villager. Sakurai originally didn't want to add the villager to the series because they had "an innocent charm that would be ruined if he was in a fighting game."

Not all past ideas get through later though. Meowth was originally going to be in instead of Jigglypuff, but that didn't happen and we still haven't seen Meowth as anything more than a Pokeball Pokemon.

Not all past ideas get through later though. Meowth was originally going to be in instead of Jigglypuff, but that didn't happen and we still haven't seen Meowth as anything more than a Pokeball Pokemon.

True, but I didn't say "all past ideas become something later" did I I merely said Sakurai likes revisiting past ideas not that he does it 100%

Bowser, Mew two and Wolf were wanted in 64 they showed up later, Olimar was considered in Melee he showed up in Brawl.

Villager was considered in brawl but only just now appeared. Leif was originally going to be in melee but as we know Sakurai saw Roys design and opped to use him instead but this is much later now. Maybe a surprise is awaiting us. Doubtful yes. Impossible? No

So much of this is wrong, Jedi. Only Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede are known to have been planned for 64. The Wolf thing is from cednym, who uses a questionable source.

Also, I have no idea where you got the idea that Olimar was planned for Melee.

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Storage/SmashBros/I-ve-been-making-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Meowth was originally going to be in instead of Jigglypuff,

Uh, no? See the above link. Even cednym never said that Meowth was planned.

Kinda funny about the villager. Sakurai originally didn't want to add the villager to the series because they had "an innocent charm that would be ruined if he was in a fighting game."

[spoiler=And he was right to fear that]131.png

Edited by LuxSpes

Seeing how Diddy's reveal was the last update, I'm thinking Sakurai will reveal some sort of aesthetic/moveset change on Monday. That's what usually happens the day after a character is newly revealed. I'm personally thinking Sakurai will go a bit more in depth explaining Diddy's extending limbs for his attacks.

Seeing how Diddy's reveal was the last update, I'm thinking Sakurai will reveal some sort of aesthetic/moveset change on Monday. That's what usually happens the day after a character is newly revealed. I'm personally thinking Sakurai will go a bit more in depth explaining Diddy's extending limbs for his attacks.

Still skeptical of Diddy of all people getting a buff but.. you are probably right

Imagining Sigurd in the game with a horse hopping around in the air is pretty amusing, but I don't think he will make it. I wouldn't mind seeing maybe one of the best villains in the FE series. Alvis or Julius would be sweet. And if they have the Avatar from Awakening in, I would hope his final smash would be turning into dragon Grima and annihilating fools. Ephraim would be really cool since they don't really have any lance/spear type weapons in the past games that I can think of. Same with Hector.

I wish this game would come out already so we don't have to speculate.

Still skeptical of Diddy of all people getting a buff but.. you are probably right

Diddy better not get any damn buff. He does not need that. >_<

I feel the same way. I'm actually hoping they reduce his down special to 1 banana peel max instead of 2. I remember one time at an anime convention I faced this one Diddy as Ice Climbers (it was a free for all but later on he and I were the only ones left in the end), he did practically nothing but use bananas and he ended up beating me despite me having 2 stocks while he was at 1 after the second person lost all his lives. I couldn't even use any of his bananas against him because he'd always throw the other banana that I wasn't trying to use against him if I tried to pick up one. Thankfully I got him really good in the next match and he was first out when I used Marth. And I happened to be cosplaying as Marth at that anime convention.

Story aside, I think Diddy's good as he is and he doesn't need anymore upgrades. Though tiers or no tiers, I'm for powering up the moves of "high/top tiers" if they're really bad or impractical to use as attacks. Like Falco's Up Special: It's really weak as an attack and a recovery move since it's knockback is really low and it's distance is really short. I feel like every move should be viable, practical to use, or at least pay off really well if you hit with it properly like Luigi's Flaming Jump Punch (one of my favourite moves with the guy).