SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently Kojima said something with regard to Snake in SSB4 during a recent interview.

http://www.twitch.tv/konami/b/510717661

(it's somewhere after the 29 minute mark)

He apparently said something along the lines of "I have no problems with Snake being in the game, but I don't know if he's in or not."

I'd advise against inferring too much from this. If Snake is in the game, he's likely under an NDA concerning any details that haven't been revealed. If not, then he probably wouldn't want to ruin the surprise factor Sakurai is trying to keep with this game.

To be fair, if Snake is in the game, I think Kojima would be obliged by a contract to not leak Snake being a part of the new Smash Bros. I'd find it VERY odd if he really didn't know whether Snake was in Smash Bros or not, regardless that Konami isn't working on the game, the actual creators not knowing whether their own characters are in the game or not? I'm not buying it. At the same time, he might really not know, either way no confirmation since if he definitely wasn't in the game, I'm sure he'd say so.

Here's to hoping!

Not that I particularly want Miis in, but I'm curious if people would want them in or not if it was guaranteed that they wouldn't take up a spot on the roster that would go to other game characters. Do people not want them because of a potential wasted slot, or because they don't want them in general at all?

I would literally take ANYONE over a Mii seriously. No choice in smash has ever bugged me not even ROB because of past history

Miis are a personal avatar not Nintendo all star, it would be absolutely insulting if they were a fighter no matter how innovative Sakurai got with them. I'm sorry smash brothers is meant to be a celebration of Nintendo. Not a glory fest for our personal avatars on the system.

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Shame it only goes to supporting Miis being included..

You can look at it two ways.

In terms of new series with newcomers (Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Mega Man and Punch-Out!!):

- Wii Fit Gym was revealed alongside Wii Fit Trainer

- So was Smashville 2 and Villager

- and Wily's castle with Mega Man

- Boxing Ring wasn't confirmed to be a Punch-Out!! stage until Little Mac came out

So it could also be argued that because Miis have a confirmed stage based off of Mii games, we aren't getting Miis.

Stage doesn't equal character, and a prime example is Smashville in Brawl. So don't get too upset.

We'll probably be seeing a newcomer in around a month, so we'll see how this confirmation stacks up against this theory.

I don't really want Miis to be playable either. Waste of a slot, imo. And as stated earlier, they're a representation of ourselves, not Nintendo characters.

You can look at it two ways.

In terms of new series with newcomers (Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Mega Man and Punch-Out!!):

- Wii Fit Gym was revealed alongside Wii Fit Trainer

- So was Smashville 2 and Villager

- and Wily's castle with Mega Man

- Boxing Ring wasn't confirmed to be a Punch-Out!! stage until Little Mac came out

So it could also be argued that because Miis have a confirmed stage based off of Mii games, we aren't getting Miis.

Stage doesn't equal character, and a prime example is Smashville in Brawl. So don't get too upset.

We'll probably be seeing a newcomer in around a month, so we'll see how this confirmation stacks up against this theory.

True but do recall we have THREE Mii stages currently.

I don't want Miis because I'm positive the online will be full of Shreks/Reggies/Batmans if they're playable. In theory it would be a good addition but I just don't see it working unless it's a specific Mii, which would be defeating the point of including them.

I really, honestly don't care that much if Miis get to be playable or not.

Now, if they got in over, say, Ridley, K. Rool, or Palutena, then I'd be miffed by their inclusion. But other than that, meh.

I honestly could go either way with Miis. If they're in, then great. If they're not, can't say I'd shed a tear for their loss.

I also don't believe in wasted slots. If they're in the game, it's because they're worth of being in.

personally, i do not desire the inclusion of Miis for reasons already stated and would take almost any character as a newcomer before them, but i feel like they're more than likely to become playable. hopefully my gut is wrong.

I honestly could go either way with Miis. If they're in, then great. If they're not, can't say I'd shed a tear for their loss.

I also don't believe in wasted slots. If they're in the game, it's because they're worth of being in.

See Jave this is how I usually think.. but Mii's churn my stomach in a way that nothing else has ever gotten close to doing in smash. I can't explain my thoughts any more then I have.

I apologize to those who want the Mii I was a bit out of line

Looks like over 31 characters confirmed, not that we had doubts since Brawl had more than that.

Well so far there is 19 confirmed veterans and 5 confirmed newcomers. So so far we got 24. The game's not coming out till later on this year (I'd say around late October to mid-November). Sakurai has at least revealed one character per month so until October that's a minimum of 7 veteran confirms. Plus E3 2014 will guarantee reveal a few more Vets and one or two more newcomers.

Hmm, does that mean that none of the character's potential final smashes have been revealed or hinted yet? IIRC, I thought they showcased Little Mac's at some point when he was introduced....

Still, even if the roster hasn't been confirmed to equal or exceed that of Brawl's yet, I have a very good feeling about the number of characters we'll get, if there are that many final smashes to go over.

I think Sakurai means he hasn't shown us any Final Smashes in pics of the day yet. We've only seen them in trailers so far.

But it's awesome seeing the Smash Ball, yay! And Sakurai's hinting at the number of characters could mean good chances for the few guys peeps are still skeptical about, I think!

But keep in mind that Sakurai probably isn't including weekends in his "over a month's worth of posts" line because he doesn't do pics of the day on those days. And a month typically has four weekends, so subract eight days from 31 and you get 23. Meaning he could only have 23 finished Final Smashes, with the 24th character's still in progress.